No Smiles For Me

The Only Exception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Here's the first chapter! I hope that you guys enjoy it! :)

My life wasn’t supposed to end up this way. If you had asked me when I was a kid, the five-year-old me would never have thought that my life would be like this. Back then, I would have said that I wanted to be a veterinarian when I grew up. Or a rock star. Or a princess. Yep, the five-year-old me mostly leaned toward being a princess.

Yet here I was now, in my mid-twenties, working as a lowly personal assistant to famous people. 

Quite far from the princess that the five-year-old me envisioned.

Still, a job was a job. As long as it was legal and brought food to the table, I should be happy about having a job. One couldn’t afford to be too picky about jobs these days. And being a personal assistant wasn’t so bad. Well, depending mostly on who you worked for, that is.

My previous client made my life a living nightmare. The five-year-old me considered being a rock star as a possible profession, but I instead ended up being the personal assistant of a rock star. And his attitude was hellacious. Too demanding. Too impatient. Too egotistical. Too easily angered. I’m surprised that he even had fans, but I guess that he maintained a good façade to the public. In the two years that I had worked for him, he had never even said “thank you” or “please” to me. Not even once. To him, me being his personal assistant basically equated to me being his slave. Finally, I had enough and called it quits.

I applied to a different entertainment company: Big Hit. And I was fortunate enough to be accepted and assigned to one of its most famous K-pop idol groups.

That was how I came to be in my current position: the personal assistant of BTS.

Yes, you heard that right. I got assigned to BTS. The world-famous group BTS. Many people would say that I’m very lucky. Heck, I know that many fangirls would kill or maybe trade a limb just to be in my position—just to be as near as I was to the boys.

And being the personal assistant of BTS wasn’t too bad. In fact, it’s actually a great job! Sure, there were the hectic schedules and mad rushes—as idols, BTS had crazy schedules, and as their assistant, I also had to follow these crazy schedules. Lots of travelling, lots of work, but never really enough rest and downtime, or so it felt. Moreover, in my past job, I only assisted one artist, but this time, I now assisted a whole group. I didn’t focus on just one person anymore; I had to keep an eye out on all of seven of BTS and be ready whenever one of them needed something. And sometimes, two or three of the boys needed something simultaneously. Heck, sometimes, all seven of them needed something different from me all at the same time. Sure, there were other part-time assistants who were around now and then, but I was their main and regular assistant, and that meant that a lot of work fell on my shoulders.

Still, there was job satisfaction, and the salary was decent. Plus, when BTS went to different places and countries to perform, I also got to tag along. That’s kind of cool.

Of course, one of the best aspects of the job was the boys themselves. When I first started working for them, I was very apprehensive. To say that I was still kind of traumatized from my previous client (namely th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter