chapter 2

gaming friends ; chaekura AU

'we should meet someday' chaeyeon suddenly read on her messages. it was a friday at 3:25am, she couldn't sleep because of insomnia, and her loud ringtone did not help. she opened the message and suddenly creeped out a little.

 

'yeah, but how can i be sure you are not a 50 year old man who will kidnap me?' she texted her back and waited for a response. sadly sakura had texted her on the lobby, and started a new match which she couldn't leave just to text. of course lee fell asleep waiting for the message. with her phone in her face and the screen's light iluminating her room. who knows why, but chaeryeong entered the room and saw her elder sister sleeping below a phone. of course she read the whole conversation they had through this week, including the part where sakura said she heard chaeyeon's farts. she didn't care that chae was sleeping so she spoke.

"yeah how can you be sure she's not an old man" she said and chaeyeon jumped scared. 

"okay, it's 4am chaeryeong and it's none of your business, now let me sleep for god's sake" the elder replied but she recieved a negative nod from her sis.

"you're not going anywhere, i don't want my sister kidnapped" 

"i said it as a joke, i have heard her voice, it's alright, now please go back to your room" she asked kindly and her sister did as she pleased. she turned her phone off and charged it to fall asleep now for good.

next morning she had received her wanted response.

'i guess you can't be. how can i be sure ur not my grandma' 

sakura had a point, they were both equally vulnerable here, so there was no point in doubting each other's identity, as the had both heard each other's voice. besides it was PUBG, it was a kid's game, no old men there.

they had arranged to meet each other in a cafeteria close to hyewon's house, just in case she had to run to a safe place. 

sakura got herself ready, she dressed pretty for the sweet voiced girl she had met. she wore black tight pants and a nice long tye-dye shirt, with all the colors of the rainbow. a pair of black boots and she would be ready. she took a deep breath and entered the cafeteria. of course she had a shower before going, to hide her obsessive gamer girl personality and give this other girl a good impression. there was no one calling out for her so she took a table and waited for her friend.

chaeyeon put on a red skirt and a white t-shirt, that contrasted her skin really well, along her black leather jacket and the silver necklace she put on. she had a small fight with her parents because her sister had told them for her security, but after a long talk they agreed that she was old enough to manage her own life, and if anything happened they would go asap to help her. she got to the cafe and saw a pretty japanese girl sitting on a table. she stood quietly on the entrance admiring her beauty. but something came into her mind. she remembered when she was bullied 2 years ago. when the boys at her school would bother her for being homoual and the girls would body-shame her for being chubbier. but there was this one girl who didn't say anything. although she didn't help her, she didn't help to wreck her emotionally. 

*flashback*

"look chaeyeon is a lesbian" one of the rugby boys said as he pointed her out.

"she likes sakura! chaeyeon is a lesbian and she likes sakura!" she heard again. who was sakura? she only knew her by sight but they had never talked. she was lost on her own mind while holding her books walking to class. then one of the boys approached her and took her down to the floor. sakura just stared at the scene in disguise, she didn't know how to react, she didn't wanna be treated like chaeyeon so she just walked away. 

"it won't hurt, fattie, you got the weight for something" the other boy said as he kicked chaeyeon on the floor.

then yujin stepped in and spooked the boys, helping chaeyeon get up. if it wasn't for her, chaeyeon would probably have committed suicide by now, but there's always someone that will get you out of the dark.

*end of flashback*

 

 

 

she decided to approach the girl sitting there. she walked slowly and a little ashamed, at least she was enough confident to go there, last year she couldn't have done it. sakura looked up to meet the sweet shy girl's eyes, looking down, standing next to her. she was confused, why was she acting like this all of the sudden, when she was a fierce online?

"you can sit down" she said giggling but she gotno response. after a few seconds chaeyeon spoke.

"this will be too awkward, i'll better go..." she turned around but sakura had grabbed her arm, now standing up in front of her. she thought that maybe she didn't recognize her, and why would she, if she had changed completely over the summer. 

she looked up to finally meet her eyes and they stared at each other for more than people usually do, not minding the few people around them, who were minding their own business while peeking at the scene. they both unlocked their eyes and sakura let go of the korean girl's arm, still shocked at how beautiful she was. she invited her to sit down and order.


"uhm i'll have a carrot muffin and a latte please..." char spoke first being followed by saku, who ordered whe same but a capucchino. 

"happy first month" miyawaki said all of a sudden to break the silence. it wasn't an awkward silence tho, they were getting to know each other by just staring at each other. it was just like they could read each other's eyes and know everything about each other.

"i'm sorry" sakura said all of a sudden.

"why would you be sorry?" chae replied nervous, did she remember her? what was she going to say? she was super nervous, and started shaking her leg in an anxious way. 

"i just remembered... you changed a lot..." she whispered as she took a sip of her cappuccino waiting for a response. she just saw a depressed chaeyeon looking down, in pain, but not as much pain as before."i was afraid of them too... i knew they would do the same to me if they found i'm a lesbian too" she justified herself, joining chaeyeon to look down shyly, she confessed she was a lesbian for the first time.

"wait so you like girls?" she asked, in shock, lesbians were not very common in korea, at least publicly known, because things like bullying happened, along with criticism, stalking, etc.. after they stared for a while, which seemed years to sakura, chae had a small smile on her face, her little eyesmile that immediately catched the japanese's attention, and which was imitated by her too. "i'm glad you trusted me with this, it's nice to have someone understand you, and i can be that person" the talked again, taking a bite of her muffin. 

'oh to be a muffin' sakura thought, really desiring to be that muffin. you could supose she was feeling attracted to chae just because she was her only lesbian friend, but it was more than that. they talked about life and irrelevant stuff, but they had fun together and that was the only important thing.

 

 

"are you going anywhere now?" chaeyeon asked when they were about to leave to their houses. sakura negated and chae smiled along with her. "you can come to my house, and we can play PUBG, besides we can let my mom know you are not a 50 year old man" they both laughed and they headed to chae's house. if they were strangers sakura would have said no and left to her own place, blocked her and delete her contact. but it was lee chaeyeon. who would say no to lee chaeyeon?

 

 

they got to her house and she introduced her new friend to her family. sakura recieved a warm look from the mother, a cold look from the father; which turned into a nice one after a while, and a serial killer look from her little sister, chaer. of course she would've gotten a worse look from hyewon, thank god she wasn't randomly at the lee household.

they spent the afternoon playing PUBG. sakura was a little bit noob-ish because she was used to play on her computer, but after a while she got used to it and they had a great time.

"your voice sounds cuter in real life" she said and chae just laughed. that contagious laugh that could make anyone happy in less than a second. the laugh that sakura wanted to hear for the rest of her life and after that.

"and yours sounds funnier, you have a funny voice saku-chan"  sakura took this as a compliment, not because of what she said about her voice, but because she called her saku-chan. that meant trust. for her, it meant love. many more feelings were invading sakura's mind while she was playing with her teammate, but she couldn't focus on the game and ended up losing a match.

"what happened?" chae said disgusted. saku was scared she would hate her for that but then she saw her laugh at her own reaction. "i thought you were the best player, ireneswifeuwu" she impersonated sakura when she said her own username.

"don't make me speak about G71972007" she interrupted her words with her own sentence.

"yES i wasn't taught on how to get a proper username thank you"

"i can teach you, hand it over" sakura received chae's phone.

"name me whatever you please" chae said not caring what her new username would be. she thought sakura would name her G71972006 but she was surprised to see she was now called 'sakurachanswife

"what?" saku replied "it's completely normal!" she said again, but she suddenly felt chaeyeon's lips over hers. her excesive blush was what impulsed chaeyeon to do that, and she did not regret as she felt her elder corresponding her kiss passionately. who on earth would have thought that a username would be a demonstration of love in the gamerworld. but they kept going anyways. it was the strangest kiss if you think it through but they didn't care. they felt it; the vibe. when you are destined with someone you can feel the vibe, besides why on earth would that game pair them together if they weren't destined to be together?

 

after almost losing their breaths they separated just to see each other with their lips red and their messy hair. chae was the first one to smile and sakura followed her action as their eyes met again.

"i'm sorry..." chaeyeon said as she wasn't gettinf any 'feedback' from the other girl. instead of an answer she received another kiss, this time more passionately, and more long lasting. they just spilled their feelings they had developed for each other, even if it was through a game they were both beinf their true selves and they didn't wanna let go of each other.

 

although they couldn't see each other often they established a relationship which went really well. after some time they both got summer vacations after graduation, and spent most of their time together on the beach. their relationship was really stable and healthy. sakura was majoring in technology, her dream was to create an adventure game and have her own company full of computers and merchandising. chaeyeon wanted to be a dancer and she was going to apply for the arts university. 

about hyewon, she got over chaeyeon after she found out about their relationship, and started hanging out with their ex-teacher eunbi. who knows what happened there, but they somehow got into a relationship too. 

despite being a noob, chaeyeon was guided by sakura to the point where they both fell in love with each other instantly, and they both started getting over their issues together.

oh and yujin befriended sakura after finding out she was dating her friend. 

chae's family supported her relationship and allowed them to live together in a small apartment while they studied. and they did. they lived together through college and majored in what they both dreamt to do. chaeyeon became Red Velvet's backup dancer and got her girlfriend to meet her "wife" irene. the look on saku's face was all she needed to be completely happy.