chapter 1

gaming friends ; chaekura AU

delicate sunrays entered the room. a room with only one girl laying on the bed, a girl who had to go to school today, but was still sleeping comfortably. her hair was all over her pillows and her arms were taking the whole bed as well. her phone rang, waking her up. 

"it's just the alarm" she said to herself in a low voice, getting up from bed and heading to the bathroom. she took a shower and thought about how boring school would be today. 'oh if only i was a millionaire' she thought. she didn't like school (well no one does) but she was just the daughter of a medium class family, so if she wanted a future, she would have to study hard.

she had changed schools last year, because she was bullied because of her body. she used to be a chubby girl, but the way she changed on summer was amazing, she was now a thin pretty girl, just like the other girls at her old school. 

heading to the closet she saw a notification on her phone screen. 'are you coming or not?' she completely forgot she was supposed to be at her friend hyewon's house today. and she had also forgotten it was saturday, so there was no school until monday. 'going don't worry' she texted back. god how kang hyewon was all day obsessing over her. as a friend of course, at least that's what chaeyeon believed.

 

she walked to her friend's household with her earphones on, listening to basically the whole chungha discography. when she got there she knocked on the door. she recieved a jumpscare from hyewon, as she opened the door immediately and screamed. 

"i swear i am almost deaf, pabo"  she said entering te house. she had the confidence to just go in without any permission. even though they had met just that year, they became friends on her very first day. she heard hyewon laugh as she followed her to her own room. "so why am i exactly here?" lee asked.

"well i don't know, maybe visiting you beffie, for example?" 

"don't ever call yourself 'beffie' you sound like a 10 year old psychopath girl" she replied, taking a sip of the coffee hyewon had in her bedtable. 

"do you wanna play a game?" won immediately asked, and chae nodded. "it's called PUBG, do you know it?" again she nodded, drinking all of the coffee. "okay give me that, and download it, i'll teach you how to play" 

chaeyeon obeyed hyewon and she opened the game.

[enter a username] 

[no username entered]

[game-generated username: G71972007]

"wait what the heck?" she screamed as she noticed her username was G71972007. "WHY AM I G71972007" she screamed again, but louder this time.

"gosh you are so stupid, don't worry you will get a card to change it later" 

they played for about two hours, until they chaeyeon got bored. "how can you get bored! it is literally the best game ever! come on!" hyewon insisted, but chaeyeon just layed in her bed and asked hyewon to lay beside her. "so what do you wanna talk about?" hyewon suddenly asked just to break the silence.

"do you own just dance?"  the other girl asked, looking at the WII placed below the big TV she owned. hyewon nodded, chaeyeon got up and inserted the game inside the console. the rest of the morning they danced to a lot of well-known songs provided by the game. then chae returned home and listened to music for a couple of hours, until she remembered the game that was taking half of her phone's gigabytes. 'should i delete this?' she asked herself. 'alright, one more try it is.

 

 

 

 

 

on the other hand, sakura was all night playing games on her computer. she smelled like trash, as it was weekend, and on weekends she dedicated her precious time to play games on her computer, as she streamed Red Velvet's music videos. you could say if a Red Velvet MV had 500M views, 100M were hers.

her eyebags were enormous, but she had to get to the maximum ranking before the league ended. and yes, the league would end in 7 days. it was 4pm and she was still gaming. the only thing you could hear were her clicks on the mouse and on the keyboard.

she selected the beta test of a new map that would be out soon and she clicked start, once again, for the 500th time on the same day.

" i was paired with a group" she said outloud, regretting all her life decisions as she saw one of them was a noob. for her luck it wasn't a ranked match, so she decided to play it. "who the is G71972007?" she asked.

 

"how the do i turn this on!" she heard G71972007 say outloud and she kept quiet. "really how the ! ahh hello????? G71972...007 here, can anyone hear me???" 

sakura had heard the sweetest voice on earth, it reminded her of a candy she had eaten the other day, her favorite, and she smiled as G71972007 cursed everything around her, thinking her microphone was off.

"roger that" the japanese girl replied, and she could her an 'ah?' as a response. you could see the other girl was a noob, because roger that is the international gaming phrase, it meant "got it", but G71972007 didn't get it. "your mic has been on all the time" she giggled. chaeyeon on the other side ofthe screen was turned all red as she was sitting on the toilet while playing. 'oh god why' she thought, hoping and praying to god for her farts to have not been heard by the whole team. she threw her phone away and finished her business, to then go and lay on her own bed, and keep playing. they went from the lobby to the map, landing on a snowy city full of houses.

suddenly she was being shot by an enemy. "don't worry, i got your back" she heard user IRENESWIFEUWU say through the game. she was almost killed by the other team, but IRENESWIFEUWU had saved her from death. chaeyeon usually appreciated a lot what others did for her, because she barely recieved from others.

sakura kind of liked the girl she was talking to through the game. she invited her to another match after they finished the first one. chae was so happy to win, and miyawaki was amused by her little excited scream. chae wasn't ashamed to talk anymore, and they just started to talk about life and stuff, apart from warning each other when enemies were around. 

the clock hit 10pm and chaeyeon was called to dinner by her dad, so she had to leave.

"can i get your number?" sakura asked kindly. chaeyeon gave her number away and left her teammate alone, to go have a nice family dinner with her loving parents and her little sister chaeryeong. 

on the other side, sakura added chaeyeon in her contacts, and an hour after they separated, she texted her through iMessage. when chae got back to her room she texted the japanese girl back, finding out her name was miyawaki sakura, and not IRENESWIFEUWU, and sakura found out her name was lee chaeyeon, not G71972007. well who would name their child G71972007... 

 

 

the calendar hit monday, and chaeyeon was getting ready to go to school. she put her uniform on, a middle sized skirt with a white blouse and a black long tie, that suited her black eyes really well. she left her blonde hair loose and headed to school, with her stomach full of her mom's egg tortilla, and her dad's coffee. she loved coffee more than her own family, you could say.

she met her bestie hyewon again, and had a normal school day. she had forgotten they had a test on the second period. math test. she hated math, she was really bad at math, and she could have studied on the weekend, but instead she spent it talking to this stranger she met online.

for her good own luck, she got a call from sakura during the test. her phone was taken away during the day and until the next day. lucky chaeyeon, apart from surely failing maths, she also got her phone snatched away. 'well no miyawaki for today' she thought sadly, and took the afternoon to study with hyewon at her house. then chaeryeong obviously made fun of her for getting her phone taken away. 

 

next day she got to school again and got her phone back. 

30 unread messages from miyawaki sakura

hello?

r u there?

wanna play?

noobiee~
did you block me?

she blocked me

you blocked me!

aa

aloo

i heard ur farts yesteray

tywsgerday*
YESTERDAY*

i'm the one who should be blocking you

 

 

 

 

and more nonsense messages which chaeyeon read as her iconic laguh escaped from her lips. hyewon noiced this and stared at chae, only listening to her laugh instead of the class.

"what's so funny?" she asked with a smile.

"this girl i met yesterday on your pabyi game, she kept texting me while teacher Kwon had my mobile." she said funnily. kang regretted all her actions that got her there, to the point where her chaeyeon met a girl online that made her laugh. she was jealous but hid it under a wide smile. she was already planning how to kill this miyawaki sakura.

"it's PUBG, not pabyi" she then corrected her. 

the rest of the class was just chae texting her new internet friend she had now named 'saku-chan' and hyewon peeking at her friend's phone with a fire inside of her that wouldn't let her concentrate. of course the teacher Kwon Eunbi noticed this and was going to use it for later.