I hate her because of her stupid scent

I hate that I like her too much
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She's not stupid. People underestimate her abilities because she is from a different country and people just look down on Betas for being "scent impaired." Because she often doesn't get influenced by the scents of different genders, this doesn't mean that she cannot smell anything. She is just able to resist the pheromones of the other genders. In fact, most Betas such as herself have the best ability to detect changes in scents. They are the mediators in packs to balance out the hormone driven Alphas and Omegas. 

With observant eyes and heightened senses as a Beta, little details rarely get overlooked: the joyful expressions on the faces of the audience, their eyes full of anticipation and awe, the warmth from the intense lights beaming upon her, and the combined scents from everyone gathered on stage. Shuhua feels a headache beginning to form as her nose picks up too many different scents at once. To combat this, she focuses on one person's scent which blocks out everyone else's. 

Usually, she would concentrate on Yuqi's scent that reminds her of lemon black tea. It is soothing which is normal for a Beta. However today, it seems to be mixed with Miyeon's scent which bothers her a little too much for her liking. Soojin's fruity scent is also sadly mixed with that annoying Alpha. Instead, she goes for Soyeon's intoxicating perfume and the aching calms down. Surprisingly ever since they cuddled, Shuhua has come to like Soyeon's scent. It is very comforting. It's not like she never noticed Soyeon's scent but other than some rare instances, her scent is never too potent because Soyeon is always in control of her emotions. She's very composed as expected of their leader. 

Then, something catches her attention. Soyeon's scent is fluctuating at a rate that it's quite worrying especially when they're surrounded by many Omegas and Alphas. Not all Alphas will trigger a heat and not all Omegas will trigger a rut. Although, it doesn't mean that people shouldn't be too careful to let their emotions take over them. Otherwise, there will be a massive problem if idols start giving in to their ual urges on stage for everyone to see. Shuhua wonders what is bothering their leader because this is the first time that she has seen Soyeon act like this on stage. But she can express her concerns later. She has to deal with Soyeon first. 

Shuhua reaches over to grab Soyeon's hand and nearly pulls back when she felt Soyeon flinch at the touch but Soyeon intertwines their fingers, surprising the girl. She snuck a peek at Soyeon's face and Soyeon had her usual small smile on her face but her gut is telling her that something is not right. Honestly, is Soyeon okay? She could just be having a bad day, but she will keep this in the back of her head. If this keeps up, Shuhua will confront Soyeon. Putting that side, at least, Soyeon's scent has cooled down. 

When the MCs arrive and stood in the front, the music blasts from the speakers and the red light on the cameras turn on. The recording began and the MCs say their lines. The words enter from one ear and out the other but Shuhua maintains a professional demeanor while mindlessly playing with Soyeon's fingers. Soyeon did not seem to mind and she allows Shuhua to indulge in her distraction. Shuhua even heard a small chuckle from Soyeon. 

Then, the confetti machines go off and Shuhua lets go of Soyeon's hand to cheer with everyone, congratulating Red Velvet as the winner of today's show. She watches attentively as Irene begun her speech. She admires the beautiful woman who captivates anyone of any gender with her eyes. No matter how radiant Irene is, Soojin is still the apple to her eye. Her favorite unnie is just too desirable for her own good. 

Yet, when a stupid looking Alpha pops up in her mind, her eye twitches and Shuhua pushes down the long sigh that nearly escaped. Miyeon needs to stop invading her thoughts. It's honestly really frustrating from how much she bothers her whether if she's thinking to herself or pre-occupied with something. It's one thing that her smile is quite distracting. It's another thing with her being able to invade her mind anytime and anywhere. She can't escape Miyeon and she hates that her feelings for Miyeon will always win against her mind and body. 

When Irene finishes saying her thanks to everyone, the MCs concluded the show to say their punchline. Red Velvet's "Zimzalabim" plays and the winners celebrate their encore stage. Everyone bows respectfully to the senior group and proceed to leave the stage. 

As Shuhua is walking towards the exit, she accidentally makes contact with some other group member and when she makes eye contact with them, their ex

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter