Second Date

Dating rules to break when I'm with you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Ha! As I said, She’s cute right?”

Minju gave a little smile to Yena who’s excitedly proud of her best friend after she just asked if she can go on the second date with Chaewon.

 

Many of her dates only became a one-time thing if he or she didn’t leave any good impression in her heart. Don’t misunderstand, she’s just a sweet girl that dated a lot, but she’s definitely not a player.

So, not everyone that could proceed to the second date with Minju, and her friends often said that she’s quite picky sometimes.

 

“I admitted that”

“Ooh, Chaewon will absolutely go crazy if she heard that.”

 

“Won’t deny, she’s so shy.” Minju chuckled out when she thought about how nervous of Chaewon when our eyes met.

“So, may I ask how was your date?”

 

“You mean Chaewon?” Not quite sure why we’re talking about this topic when we’re preparing many documents for the outing activities of our volunteer club right now.

“Yeah! You talked like you dated many people recently!” Yena seems to be dissatisfied with my response somehow, but I understand her.

 

“Well, it’s true, but before I dated her though”

“Really. Kim Minju.” Listened to my answer again, she shrugged.

 

Well, Minju doesn’t want to be a liar or something bad in her eyes. And even if it’s embarrassing to say it herself, but many people usually ask her on a date when she’s single.

And it’s also true that she doesn’t date with anyone after Chaewon.

 

“But your friend is really likable Yena. I kinda think that she’s weird, but she’s adorable anyway” She’s talking the truth again with the staple as the weapon of her task in her hand, keeps doing her senior year task well while thinking about that so shy brunette.

“She’s not that weird! I mean—she’s somehow different, but she’s my good friend who helped me with many messed up things in my life. Plus, she’s very smart even if she’s a little coward and You might be surprised if I tell you that such unexperienced Chaewon coped me well when I was heartbroken.” Looking at Yena speaking of her best friend, that ducky eyes lighten up, look pleased while thinking about their pasts.

 

Other than her friend bold statements, Minju can also tell how Chaewon is a so much caring person by the way that she opened the door of the café and let Minju walked out first, and few other little things that she could think of. And don’t even forget that pair of eyes, when you used to look up to someone that you cherish so much.

It’s not like she’s the genius type who can read the expression of people, but Chaewon eyes told Minju everything.

Kim Chaewon made her felt like that on our first date, felt like she was being cherished.

 

‘Ding!’

 

Interrupted her from thinking about Chaewon time, her phone screen showed up a message box from someone.

Someone that made Minju sighed and distracted her from all of her work all of the sudden.

 

.

.

 

“Don’t be so nerdy around her”

“Seriously?”

 

Chaewon didn’t understand why her friends keep gave her such hard-to-do advice. She means— she’s a ing nerdy and love to study about creatures, especially wild animals cause’ she wants to be a zoologist, with the fact that she’s a senior student in the department of zoology right now. Chaewon loves to study about their ecosystem, symbiosis or their relationships and—

There she goes. Babbling about animal things all over her own head.

 

“Hey, I know that you’re such a ing ideal nerd about animal things because you study about it, but Minju is busying with her thesis and project and­— whatever. She’s quite stressed.” Yena spoke while eating her popcorn— actually, it’s Chaewon’s popcorn, but Yena always barked in her room and eat anything she wanted to. Chaewon didn’t be so serious though.

“But— I’m not good with conversation and you know that!” She yelled at her friend who’s still eating the damn popcorn with her damn smirked face that made her want to pour all of the popcorn to her friend’s head.

 

Chaewon is definitely not a good talker.

She hates every kind of presentation or some activities that she has to speak in front of many people. Rather than hates, Chaewon would say that she couldn’t handle it so well. She never got some good grades for her presentation because she sweated palm and she always gets some trouble with stutters whenever she gets excited and worries.

 Well, when it comes to conversation, it’s maybe a bit different. But don’t even think about our last date, it’s always Minju that started some conversations.

 

“You’re having a very good conversation with me right now” She teased me while tossing an empty popcorn bag into the bin with a beautiful projectile. Chaewon doesn’t care how Yena tossed it so well, she’s nervous about Minju and her next date more.

Right— our next date, to be exact.

 

“, why she wants to date me again?”

 

“C’mon Chae! Don’t talk with that world-ending face. It’s a good start for you! And please stop walking right now” Yena said while laying down on her sofa again, sometimes she’s even forgotten that Yena’s room is about only three rooms away from her.

Chaewon always jealous of her best friends somehow because Yena and Hyewon are always chillaxing with everything in their life. While Chaewon is walking around her room with her finger playing habit and squeezing her hand in and out.

 

“I know, but I kinda screwed up last time. Plus, I’m not a dream date for anybody, and you know that”

Well, maybe her friends already encouraged her up, and Minju didn’t complain about her, but Chaewon is Chaewon. She’s always overthinking about everything in her life, and especially about her date with Minju because this girl’s so special person in her eyes.

 

“Hey, look— Do not say anything like that and don’t think of something like that ever again.”

Hyewon words stopped her from being fidgety, she’s patting on an empty space of our sofa, which is between her and Yena, signaling Chaewon to sit down there.

 

“Yeah. You do cute and be the best on your own and I believed that Minju didn’t always like her dream date-liked guys because she’s still nagging about its sometimes. So, better to be confident!” Yena patted my shoulder and hit Chaewon back hard for gaining my confidence

“Ouch! You don’t have to do that— but, Thanks” She felt hurt a little bit, but thanks to Yena, she thinks she can be more confident tomorrow.

 

“Go get her sunflower”

 

.

.

 

Minju is a botany student and Chaewon is a zoology student.

 

This fact means Chaewon and Minju always study in a different building for thorough our senior year. Standing still in front of a botany building with many pairs of eyes that look at her jacket (which color is different from theirs) made Chaewon really uncomfortable. She keeps playing her finger for about five minutes while looking around to find her date.

Yena said that Minju’s class will finish at four-thirty, and Minju wants Chaewon to come and pick her up from her building.

 

When you said picking someone up with Chaewon, it literally means just waiting for her and walking somewhere together because Chaewon didn’t own a car and Minju knows that from her friend.

Actually, Chaewon has a bicycle that she didn’t ride it to her class just because she wanted to take time walking in the morning.

 

 

“Hi Chaewon?”

“Holy— oh, it’s you” Worrying about many people who keep staring at her, soft-touch at her shoulder made Chaewon shuddered and freaked out, she almost slipped some bad words out, but this beautiful pair of eyes stopped her on time.

Also, the presence of Kim Minju could pull more pair of eyes towards us that made she realized her reputation in this area.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry. Guess you didn’t like a surprise greeting much” She saw guilt in her eyes while her beautiful voice keeps reassuring her that she won’t do it again.

It’s good that she cares, but the fact that she’s worrying too much about her is made Chaewon feels like she revealed her uncool side again, and Chaewon didn’t like it somehow.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter