Lost causes.

MBLAQ Hello Baby 10 years later. HIATUS

"I'm sorry Leo. I'm so, so sorry."

She only said that before she slowly closed the door, giving an apologetic smile. I knew it would be a waste, I knew it. Yet I had been so very naive, to actually think that she would like me. 

I was mad. Mad, an understatement. I loved her, and I made sure to show her that I loved her. I knew it was a lost cause, she was a lost cause. Everyone, everyone had always told me to start something with Lauren. I always said no or disagreed to ever say anything, because I liked Dayoung. For what? For her to just tell me 'i'm sorry'? Not only that, the look she gave. The same very look she gives anyone who tries to do something nice for her.

I knocked on Lauren's front door, knowing fully well her parents would be out for business. In all honesty, I was much closer with Lauren. She was always nice, always there and always so trusting. Even so, through all that, I loved Dayoung. I still love her. 

A very tired Lauren opened the door, she tried o wipe the sleep out of her eyes to see who was at her door.

"Leo? Are you cry- you told her, didn't you?" I couldn't here the rest of what she was saying. Her voice was blocked out by the sound of my sobbing. I didn't know of this pain, I never experienced this pain yet I knew fully well what caused this pain. It wasn't the rejection of my confession, it was those thoughts. Ever thinking that Dayoung was a lost cause just shows how I'm not good enough for her. She deserves better than me, but I only want her. 

"Leo? Get a hold of yourself here. What happened? What did she say? How did it happen?" After shedding a few tears and wiping them away, I relayed to Lauren everything that happened. Giving her time between the story for her comments. Lauren patted my back. "Life's tough, but you shouldn't give up on her. You know how Dayoung can be, she's afraid to let people in. I shouldn't exactly be saying this, but Dayoung told me awhile back that she doesn't want to let anyone in becuase she's afraid she'll disappoint them. Right now, from what I hear, it's the same exact think pertaining towards your situation. Dayoung loves you, with everything in her. The last thing she wants to do is hurt you, and this is just her way of protecting you."

I couldn't stand what Lauren was telling me, I was disgusted. Disgusted at the fact that Dayoung would ever think her liking me would ever hurt me. More so disgusted at myself for those selfish thoughts I had made. The accusations I had made.  I should've known Dayoung was only thinking of me. She always thought of others. When we were younger and Lauren and her got toys and I hadn't, she gave me her toy so I wouldn't through a fit.  When the three of us went to a picnic with outr families and we all decided to climb one of the trees there and fell. Dayoung ignored all the cuts she had gotten and immediately ran for a first aid kit Lauren always brought and quickly attended to both Lauren and I. Or when I couldn't understand the lesson we learned in math and she spent all night teaching me so I would pass the test on it the next day. Or now, even if it hurt her to say no, she still gave me hope. Hope that one day I would find someone that would like me back, when she was standing right in front of me. Dayoung was kind, too kind.

"I need to go to her." I quickly picked myself off the ground to run back to Dayoung's house. When Lauren's hand stopped me. "Listen Leo, it's late. Dayoung and you need some rest. She'll be fine." But I knew Dayoung, all too well. 

Sighing, I picked my phone up and called her. 

Ring, ring, ring.

"H-hello?" Her voice just melted my confidence. It was so sad, so fill with fear.

"L-leo. I-i'm s-s-orry."I could tell she had been crying.

"Sh, sh. It's alright." I could hear her gasp.

"No, it's not! L-leo I'm a terrible person." Her voice confused me.

"D-dayoung? Dayoung! What's going on?" Her sobbing increased. 

"Leo, I always loved you. Everything about you. I'm sorry." The conversation ended when she hung up. 

Confused I looked up to a saddened Lauren.

"L-lauren what's going on?" Everything was okay, it was fine. I would go to Dayoung tomorrow and tell her that everything would be okay. Everything's fine. She's fine.

But I ignored the vital information I was told. I chose to ignore it.

"Leo, Dayoung is sick. She needed help, she's going to America for some tests. She's the reason I'm moving there aswell. We didn't me-"

"You kept this from me?! You kept her sickness from me?"

She sighed.

"You should go home and rest. I'm sorry."

It was the second time today that the door had been closed on me. Both times made me cry. Lauren's even more so.

My Dayoung was sick.