prologue

love is fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Donghae, come back!” Heechul shouted as the young teenager slid down the railing encasing the grand staircase. His fingers clutched a photograph tightly. With a grin on his face, he dashed to the main door. His huffing and puffing hyung followed him.

 

“Hyung!” Donghae stopped, holding the photograph above his head and waving it around. Heechul tried to catch up but the younger ran away the moment he came near him.

 

“Come here! You Brat!” Heechul screamed, almost cursing out.

 

Donghae laughed and wiggled his in an attempt to tease Heechul. The older man found that moment to lunge at the unsuspecting teenager. With a scream, Donghae fell with Heechul above him. He was pinned to the ground, dew from morning grass soaking into his clothes.

 

“Give that back!” Heechul reached for the photograph. Donghae tried to keep it away from his hold. They wrestled until Heechul was able to retrieve it. He gasped when he looked at the condition of his prized possession. “Look what you did.” He hit Donghae’s head. The younger howled in pain. “It’s all wrinkled.”

 

“Hyung!” Donghae complained and tried to shake off the older to no avail. “Let me go!”

 

Heechul glared at him. “You brat! You need to get punished!”

 

“Hyung, if you punish me, I’ll tell your OPPA!” Donghae laughed.

 

Heechul reached down to get hold of the younger’s ear and Donghae screamed louder than the pain that came. “My what? My what?!”

 

“Hyung!!! Leeteuk hyung!” Donghae’s eyes shifted to a point beyond Heechul’s head. “Save me, hyung!”

 

“I know he isn’t there. Don’t try to play with me.” Heechul shot back.

 

“Ouch! Hyung! Look what your fiancé is doing to me!” The younger didn’t give up.

 

“You brat!” Heechul hit arm, “you have-,”

 

“Heechul?” The voice was quiet, calm and confused. The said man was able to hear it above his own loud voice. He froze completely, photo clutching in his right hand and the other midair, on its mission to teach Donghae a lesson.

 

“Hyung! Save me!” Donghae pleaded from beneath him.

 

“Donghae?” Leeteuk looked at the boy. “What’s happening?”

 

“Heechul hyung is punishing me because I found a photograph of you in his dresser-,” Donghae’s explanation was cut off when Heechul placed his hand on thin lips.

 

Leeteuk neared them, taking notice of a photograph Heechul was holding. He could see his face on it and smiled.

 

“Shut up!” Heechul whispered at Donghae and then stood up, facing Leeteuk with his cheeks painted red. “Don’t listen to him,” he told his fiancé and held his hand. “Let’s go.”

 

“But Donghae-,” Leeteuk looked at the boy who was trying to stand up on his own.

 

“Leave him. He’s being naughty.” Heechul muttered and pulled Leeteuk inside with him, putting the photograph inside the trousers. But he missed in haste and it fell on the ground.

 

Donghae was quick to notice of it and seized it before Heechul could notice. He followed the two inside the house and smirked.

 

Leetuek, Heechul’s fiancé, was welcomed in the family. They greeted Heechul’s future husband with open arms.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter