One

My Little Cub

 

'I thought you are just a good friend, but without me knowing I kept thinking of you. '- Only you

Mina's POV

"Unnie, your late." I immediately sat down in front of a sulking tiger inside of this coffee shop. We agreed to meet here to do the project for our Music subject. Which is creating a song and singing it in front of the class. Gladly Chaeyoung is my partner, she is my best friend as well. We are friends almost a year now and she didn't know that I have feelings for her.

"Sorry chaeng, blame the traffic. " I said and she just pout. 'Gosh stop being cute, you little cub. ' I tried my best not to smile widely because I don't want to be obvious that she's making my heart fluttered.

"You owe me an Ice cream unnie. " She said and started writing on her notes. I then just look at her admiring her features, her face gives an innocent and cute vibe which is perfect for her personality. She is just like an innocent little cub especially when she is focusing on something just like now.

"This is the title of the song that I am thinking Unnie. " She handed me her notes which I gladly accepted, our fingers slightly touch and it makes my heart beats more faster, but I keep my composure like it was nothing.

"Only you? " I read the title that she wrote and it was indeed good. Seems like there was a deep meaning behind it.

"So tell me about it. " I said but she stand up and chuckles.

"Let me order first Unnie, the usual right? " She asked so I just nodded and watch the small body of hers go to the counter to order. 'How I wish your mine baby cub. '  I whispered to myself. You might be wandering how I fell for her right? Well I actually don't know either, I just saw myself one morning, waking up with a smile on my face and always looking forward to see her.

I didn't tell Chaeng about it because I'm afraid that it might ruin our friendship and that's the only connection I have to be able to see her, talk to her and even touch her. I can't lose that connection so I choose to love her silently. I don't even know if she likes girls, she might be homophobic, well who knows?

My senses came back when I saw Chaeng coming back with a cup of cofee on both of her hands and gave me the other one which I accepted.

"So here is the song all about Unnie..... " She started to explain about the song that she is thinking which is entitled 'only you' but I can't seem to hear every words that she is saying, because I'm more focused on watching the way she talk. More like memorizing how her lips move when she is talking and sometimes smile making her deep dimple came into sight.

"Unnie? " I immediately look at her eyes when she wave her hand in front of me. Gosh! I didn't even realized that I was staring at her for only God knows how long.

"Are you okay Unnie? You seem bothered, are you sick? " I gulp when she moves closer and place the back of her hand in my forehead and neck, checking my temperature. I felt my blood rushing to my face.

"I-Im okay Chaeng." I said and I let out a sigh of relief when she finally came back to her seat.

"So what do you think about the song Unnie? " 'what? She already finish explaining?! ' I cursed myself internally but smiling on the outside.

"I-it was g-great Chaeng." I almost facepalm because I can't keep stuttering.

"Really Unnie? " She asked smiling widely revealing her dimple.

"Y-yeah. " Her phone suddenly rung indicating an incoming call, she answered it immediately and I can finally breath freely.

After talking to the person who called in her phone which I don't know who, she face me smiling from ear to ear. Like she just received a good news.

"Unnie! Are you free this evening?" She ask excitedly and seeing her that happy makes me smile too, so I just nodded.

"Great! My friend Dahyun wants to invite us in their house this evening, since its her birthday. " My smile suddenly faded when I heared that name. Yeah right Dahyun her friend, well that friend of her is f-nevermind, she always touch my Cub and link her arms to Chaeng which is making me jealous.

"So your coming Unnie, right? " She asked while doing her usual puppy eyes which she knows I can't resist.

"O-of course Chaeng. " That's the only thing that comes out of my mouth. Well, I'll have a chance to look after my cub, I don't want to let her go there alone and what? Dahyun will be with her. Never in a million years.

"Yeeyy, thanks Unnie ." My heart skip a beat when she stand up from her seat and hug me tight. It was just for a seconds but I can't seem to stop myself from smiling. I get to smell her strawberry scent again.

"Let's go home now Unnie." She said and fix her things so do I.

-----------------------------
(At Dahyun's House)

"Hello Chaengyy! " Dahyun Immediately hug Chaeyoung once we entered the house and I restrained myself from rolling my eyes because I don't want to be rude, especially it's her birthday.

"Happy Birthday Dahyun. " I said to disturb them and she finally let go of my Cub.

"Thank you Mina Unnie. " Actually Dahyun is a nice kid, it's just that she's really clingy and touchy which is the opposite of me.

"Unnie let's go to the others. " I felt chaeyoung's arm links mine making me nervous but I didn't let her notice. I look around to see the whole squad here. Actually all of chaeng friends are my friends as well, except for Dahyun which we just met a month ago.

"Mitang, I've missed you. " A cute girl walk towards me and hug me tight and pepper me with kisses on the cheek.

"I miss you too Satang. " I smiled at her and she finally let go, I look at Chaeng but she just look away and seat beside Jeongyeon who is flirting with Nayeon. 'What's wrong with her? '  I mumbled but decided to just shrugged it off, for now at least. I take my seat beside Momo and Sana to start a conversation with them. Aside from Chaeyoung they are actually my closest friends since we are all Japanese and they also know about my feelings for Chaeyoung.

A tall girl came and Sana immediately links arm with that girl. So I asked Momo who is that girl. She said that it was Tzuyu, Sana's girlfriend. I was a bit shocked because Sana is a flirty one, I never thought that she will be committed to someone.

"Guys let's play truth or dare. " We all look at Jihyo because of her loud voice.

"Sounds great, every person needs to drink first before choosing whether truth or dare and if that person didn't answer the truth or do the dare she needs to drink again ." Jeongyeon suggested and everybody just agreed, so we ended up forming a circle and started the game I was seated beside Chaeyoung and Sana, I actually don't know how did that happen, I'll just felt her elbow touch my arm and smell her scent.

Park Jihyo is the first one who spin the bottle and it points to Tzuyu.

"Truth." Tzuyu said after drinking.

"Did you and Sana kissed already? " I see a tint of red in her cheeks as Jihyo asked that and she shyly nodded making everyone chuckles.

"Yah Park Jihyo, are you Pabo? Of course they kissed already did you forget that Sana is the sanake? " Nayeon said and link her arms to Jeongyeon.

Tzuyu spin the bottle and it points to Dahyun. She drink and choose the truth.

"Do you like someone now? " Tzuyu asked and Dahyun shyly nodded. 'Jinjja? Don't tell me it's my cub? Andwae she can't. ' My mind whispered.

Dahyun spin the bottle and it points to me. I drink and choose truth.

"Do you like someone among the people here? " Her question caught me off guard 'Yes and it was Son Chaeyoung'  I want to shout it but I can't,  I tried to relax and not to be obvious about it.

"No. " I lied and they just all nodded, I look at Chaeyoung and I got shocked seeing her get a glass of drink and continue to gulp it down. I didn't see her drink before so I don't know if her tolerance is high, but I guess it isn't.

The game continues until some of us are getting drunk already. The only person who isn't drunk yet is me, Jihyo, Tzuyu and Jeongyeon.

"Party People! " We heared Momo's Voice as she walks and Dahyun followed her. We just look at them,they are walking like a zombie but they still manage to go to Dahyun's room.

"Jeongyeon-ah, you're really handsome. " Nayeon is really drunk, she said that almost a hundred times already.

"I know baby, let's get you to bed now. " Jeongyeon helps her to walk inside one of the guest room. Dahyun is a rich girl huh. Their house had at least five rooms here so all of us can sleepover.

"Unnie, let's go to bed now. " Tzuyu carried Sana into the other guest room which leaves only two rooms available.

"Mina you should sleep with Chaeng, I'm not used to have someone beside me. I might kick her out of the bed. " Jihyo chuckled before heading back to the other room.

I look at the girl beside me who already have her eyes closed. Her back is leaning against the sofa, I move my hands closer to her and brush my fingers on her short soft hair. I can smell her strawberry scent together with the wine that we just drank and I'm liking it.

"Please be mine, Chaeng. " I whispered but I was shocked when she slowly open her eyes and look straight into my eyes.

"Mina Unnie, your really beautiful. " I thought she was asleep. How can she manage to say it clearly even though she's drunk. I look away from her because I was blushing.

"L-lets get you to bed Chaeng, your drunk. " I was about to stand up but she hold my hand making me stop my movement and look at her. Her brown orbs is staring straight into mine making me nervous.

"Unnie why can't you see me? " I tried to relax and tell myself that she is just drunk, because my little hope is starting to build up.

"Come on Chaeng, let's go to bed. " I help her to Stand and put her arms in my shoulder while I circle my arms on her waist to support her. I let out a sigh of relief when she just obey and we enter the last guest room. I put her to bed but she didn't lay down and just sit there.

"Chaeng, you can sleep now. " I said and she just look at me again, seems like she wanted to say Something but dismissed the idea and just lay down. She closed her eyes and I lay down beside her, Admiring again her features, she turn around so we are facing each other now but her eyes are already closed so I assume that she is sleeping.

I took that chance to hold her face. I brush my fingers to her hair and traces her eyes, her nose and I gulp when my fingers touch her lips, it was soft. I wander how it feels like once my lips.... Aishh 'stop it Mina'.

My thoughts dismissed when I felt her warm hands touch mine which is still on her lips. My heart almost come out of my chest when I see her open her eyes and look at me. She put my hand on her cheek and close her eyes like she's memorizing how soft my hand is. 'Stop it Chaeng, don't make me fall for you even more. ' 

She open her eyes and I was once again shocked when I felt her hand on my waist and she hug me while still looking into my eyes.

"Unnie, why can't you see that I love you."

"Unnie, why can't you see that I love you."

"Unnie, why can't you see that I love you."

"Unnie, why can't you see that I love you." 

Her words echoed to my ears and I can't believe what she just said. I open my mouth trying to tell something but no words came out.

My mind went blank and before I can finally react what she just did next really surprise me. S-she kissed me.

Everything seems a blur, what I can only felt now is my heart beating for her. I felt her soft lips slowly moves, I decided to just surrender. I open my mouth a bit and kissed her back. We kissed in sync but we force to end it because we needed air.

I look at Chaeyoung and she is already asleep with slightly open. I giggled and caresses her cheek. Before I follow her to dreamland I said the words that I wanted to say to her a long time ago.

"I love you too Chaeng."

-----------

P. S. Just randomly saw it on my story draft. Hope y'all like it ^o^