hana;

i dont think i love you (anymore).
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They say breakups can be felt physically.

 

In its primal nature, heartbreaks can feel just as it states; a heart shattering into a hundred and one pieces, scathing as many organs as it can in its wake and everyone reacts to it differently. Depending on the person, they may even laugh at the pain by way of a defence mechanism triggering and perhaps that is exactly how I ended up in a frat party, sitting on a frat house roof instead of dancing away downstairs at 3 AM like it’s no big deal.

 

It is a big deal, though.

 

Yixing, in the year that I have known him, is the master of being hot and cold; I have never met anyone else who can ease anyone into admitting their fault, even if it is not their fault. And once the cat is out of the bag, he can really hold a grudge. 

 

Except, this time I don’t know what I have done to deserve experiencing our third breakup in two months. 

 

As I wrap my arms around my body to soothe the chills, I couldn’t help but wonder if things would be different if we chose to just move on as individuals, to not work on reviving the relationship: to be strangers to each other once and for all. I would be upset of course, then again I am bound to be upset by some sort of argument that I will have allegedly caused within a week after ‘working it out’. 

 

The clear skies made more sense right now; the glittery stars connecting to somehow form the eye of a tiger is especially funny. I snorted. Just last week Yixing looked quite displeased with me likening the clouds to a bunny. He said it was childish and distracting him from his nap, but I had nothing else to do aside from watch the clouds. I thought it was a romantic thing to do on a picnic date. Apparently not. 

 

“I wish I were a girl again, half-savage and hardy, and free.” I jolted. An uninvited voice invaded my peace. Whipping my head back, I see Sehun grinning at his success in scaring me. My brows furrowed.

 

Sehun is in my literature class. Barely, anyway. He attended from time to time and there is no pattern to his absence. From what I can recall, he sat at the very back to aid him from entering and leaving the class whenever he so pleases. Professor Shin always catches him though. “Bronte?” His eyebrow raised, a subtle way of calling me an idiot for not recognising the quote immediately.

 

Oh. Yes. Bronte happens to be the hot topic in the only class we shared at this point in time. My mouth parted to retaliate, but my mind was blank and so I shut it again. Sehun smirked and downed the rest of his drink. 

 

“Scooch.”

 

I frowned. “Why?”

 

Sehun had already made a move to start climbing up the window sill, clattering stuff everywhere. “Watch it! You don’t know whose stuff you’re damaging.”

 

He carries on though, smiling to himself

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter