Turbulent

Turbulent

If Minho had to describe his relationship with Kim Kibum in one word... turbulent.

"I swear to God I can't ing stand you!" was what Minho heard at the very instance that he entered his shared condo. Initially, he was unsure if the rude comment was directed toward him, so he closed the front door and went to go investigate.

As he walked through his home, the smell of a delicious home cooked dinner wafted all around him and completely engulfed him. He stopped in his tracks, unable to resist closing his eyes and fully basking in the scent. By the time his eyes reopened, he was faced with a Kibum, nothing but a waist towel gracing his slender body. 

Starting at Kibum's polished feet, Minho's eyes scanned upwards. They darted from his naturally smooth calves, past the towel that was hiding all the goods, up the other's toned arms which were crossed over his toned torso, glancing over his sharp jawline and finally stopping at his piercing stare and the wet locks of hair that framed it. It was scary, but ing beautiful. After Minho's long day at work, all he wanted to do was just stare at him. Maybe even touch any of the body parts that he had looked over. Just to get his hands on whichever part of Kibum he could. But it wasn't that time of night. Not yet.

"How many times do I have to say it for you to get it through your thick skull? Clean the sink after you shave, you stupid pig!" Fumed Minho's roommate.

Right. Kibum was flawless until he opened his mouth. 

Minho rolled his eyes as he plopped his work bag down in the middle of the floor and headed into the kitchen, knowing that Kibum would follow him. "Good evening, Minho. How was work, Minho? You look tired, Minho. Did you eat, Minho?"

"Oh, shut the hell up." Kibum glared. "Maybe I would care about what you have to say if you cared about what I have to say."

"Maybe I would care about what you said if you weren't always so far up my ." Minho grumbled before he opened up the pot and sniffed the dish. Ugh, delicious.

"You're a thorn in my goddamn side, you know that?" Kibum snatched the lid out of Minho's hand and covered the pot back up.

Minho left the kitchen, pulling his coat off and plopping it on the back of the couch. "Why the hell are you making such a big deal out of this?"

"Because I have to say it to you every damn day! Just like I have to tell you not to leave your all over the living room. Every. Single. ing. Day." He kicked Minho's previously discarded workbag, towel dangerously close to falling.

"It's not my fault you love to hear yourself talk so much." Minho kicked his shoes off and crashed back onto the couch, a smug smirk sitting on his face.

"You . You're the ing worst." Kibum, finally through with this conversation, stomped to his room, not forgetting to deliver a strong finger flick to the back of Minho's head on his way.

"Ow! ." Minho winced, bringing his hand to grasp the back of his head. After hearing Kibum's door slam shut, he sighed and used the hand that wasn't rubbing his slowly forming bump to pick up the TV remote and turn it on. Luckily, his soccer game was on, which made him suddenly forget the pain in his head. He sat up, easily engaged in the sport, finally breathing his first moment of peace of the day.

Short-lived peace.

As soon as he really got into the game, a blaring sound came from Kibum's room. He was max-blasting his god-awful music and Minho couldn't hear anything on the TV, even after turning the TV volume all the way up. Tightlipped, he exhaled from his nose and got up. 

"Kibum!" Minho banged at Kibum's bedroom door. "Turn it down! Kibum!" Minho tried the door, realizing that it was actually unlocked.

Kibum whipped his head around, seeing an unwelcomed Minho in his doorway. He put down his hairdryer. "What do you want?!"

Minho walked in and manually reduced the volume on Kibum's speakers. "Turn this down. I can't hear myself think."

Kibum feigned a gasp. "You can think?"

"Ha ha ha." Minho replied dryly. "Just keep it down."

"Whatever you say." Kibum nodded suspiciously easily, with a little smile.

Minho just shook his head, annoyed and left the room. As soon as he was gone, Kibum turned his blowdryer back on, the volume of it, almost matching the previous volume of the music that was disrupting Minho.

"Are you kidding me?!" Minho called.This time it was Kibum smirking.


Once Kibum was done blowdrying his hair and fully dressed, he went to inform Minho about the food. He walked up to the couch beside where Minho was sitting.

"Dinner is almost ready. Can you set the table?"

Minho turned his head up at Kibum, quickly getting lost again in his beauty. He was now just wearing a t-shirt with cotton shorts and some slides. It really was nothing special. But Minho really appreciated his beauty in this moment. He grabbed his Kibum's arm and pulled him onto his lap, snaking his arms around the other's waist. 

"You want me to set the table, hm?"

"If it's not terribly inconvenient." Kibum said sarcastically, fighting giggles as Minho's head was burrowed in his neck, tickling him.

Minho didn't move for a moment, carefully inhaling Kibum's scent that he missed so much when he was at work. Kibum didn't move either. He liked being held this way. 

"Set the table for Kibummie." Kibum said in a cutesy aegyo voice, bringing Minho out of his trance. 

"Ugh, you ruined it." Minho flared his nostrils, shoving Kibum off of him and onto the couch. “You know I hate it when you do that.”

Kibum giggled as he rolled off of the couch. “What, you don't think it's cute?"

"Cringey."

Minho made his way to the dining room and set out two place settings as Kibum dished out their food.

“Jonghyun hyung called. They want to come over for dinner.” Kibum mentioned as he transferred the stew from the pot to a serving dish.

“Oh, awesome!" Minho lit up. "When are they coming?”

Kibum snorted. "They wanted to come for dinner. We're having dinner now." He started obviously.

"What the hell? Why didn't you invite them?"

”Because. Jinki hyung and Taemin eat too much and Jonghyun hyung talks WAY too much.”

Minho pursed his lips. "So what? They're our friends. You talk too much and I put up with you."

"They're annoying and messy. Are you gonna clean up after them?"  He raised a cynical brow. "Because I'm not in the mood."

Minho scoffed. "Are you kidding?"

"I'm not a housekeeper, Choi." Kibum growled lowly.

"Fine. I'll clean after them."

"Oh, please." The older rolled his eyes.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Why don't you ask the stubble all over the goddamn sink?" He smiled with a sarcastically pleasant disposition.

"Wow, you're so bitter. It's just hair, Kibum. It won't hurt you." Minho condescended.

Kibum could feel his blood pressure rising. "No, but I just might hurt you. You don't clean. The guys aren't coming."

"Fine, we'll just get drinks after dinner then." Minho pulled his phone out of his pocket and dialed Jonghyun.

"Whatever." Kibum mumbled, cutting up his food on his plate.

"... Are you okay?" Minho suddenly asked after a moment of silence, phone to his ear. The question definitely caught Kibum off-guard, and at first he wasn't even sure that it was addressed to him, but Minho was staring at him which let him know it was.

For a moment he froze before he replied with a stiff, "What... do you mean...?"

"Are you?" Minho pressed, a touch of concern gracing his voice.

"Er... fine."

Jonghyun never answered, so Minho sent a short text about meeting up and let it rest. He turned back to his plate and the two ate in silence for a short while. 

"I like the chicken. It tastes clean." Minho complimented offhandedly.

"They passed over my piece for the exhibit." Kibum suddenly blurted, finally a real answer to Minho's question.

Minho, surprised, laid his fork down. "."

"Yeah."

"Dammit, I thought that was supposed to be a sure thing." Groaned Minho, subconsciously stealing glances at the painting leaning against the wall behind Kibum. 

Kibum shrugged. "So did I, but we thought wrong."

"I'm sorry, Key." Said Minho, with a sigh. "I know how bad you wanted that."

"Thanks." Key played with the veggies on his plate dejectedly. Minho couldn't help the pang in his chest at the sight. 

"You're better than a stupid local venue anyway. You're gonna have your work hanging in MOMA one day." He confimed with conviction.

"Yeah, right." He scoffed at the very thought, his insecurity showing. "I can't even get noticed by a 'stupid local venue.'"

"Screw those blind bastards. You're so talented. You work hard and you deserve good things." 

"You don't really think that."

"Of course I do, Kibummie. I'll tell you what." Minho stood, collecting the dinnerware from the table. "Why don't I take care of the dishes and you pick out a movie?"

"Really?" He looked up at the other from his seat. "But drinks with the guys?"

"It can wait until tomorrow."

Minho could barely get the whole phrase out before Kibum stood and pressed his lips softly against the other's. It caught him off guard and Minho couldn't move much due to dishes in his hands but he enjoyed the embrace. Unfortunately, it was over as quickly as it started. 

Kibum disappeared off to the living room to find a movie on Netflix, while Minho got to work scrubbing plates. From the other room, he could hear Kibum squeal,

"Eee! It's been so long!" with a giggle.

Kibum had chosen Princess and the Frog, which he'd never seen before but he figured a Disney movie would have light themes, and he was in the mood for light.

When Minho was finished, he returned to the living room to see Kibum on the couch, laid out. Upon sight of the younger, Kibum scooted further in, and lifted his arm, a sign to welcome Minho into the space. Perfect timing because Minho was starting to get real hungry for some physical contact. Somehow, Kibum must have read his mind.

Minho hurried into the position, cuddling up to the Kibum behind him, and they started the movie.

About halfway through the film, Minho was starting to get... annoyed. Kibum had always been one of those movie-goers who likes to talk during the movie. You know? The ones who feel it necessary to comment aloud any and every thought that crosses their mind. Minho suddenly remembered why he stopped watching movies with the other.

"Yah, did they really put in a song about a dead firefly?" Kibum cackled. Minho cringed ever so slightly at the noise blaring into his ear.

Respectfully, if MInho wanted to hear Kibum's blabbering all night, he wouldn't have suggested a movie.

"Kibum..." Minho tried to frame this as well as he could. "Shut up."

The libra's laughter died down. "What?"

"You've been talking for the whole damn movie. Could you just not?"

Kibum sat up on the couch. "You're a ."

"I'm really not though." Minho rolled his eyes as he sat up as well. 

"We're here bonding and having a good time, and you have to come ruin it."

Minho scoffed in slight disbelief. "If anyone is ruining it, it's you."

"I knew it." Kibum tsked, standing to turn off the TV. "I knew we couldn't have one nice night."

"Why are you throwing a tantrum? All I said was stop talking during a movie It's rude!" Now, Minho was bewildered. He couldn't understand how saying what he did was so unreasonable.

Kibum didn't respond to Minho, opting rather to just straighten up the living room and get ready for bed.

"Kibum." Minho tried, firmly as he followed behind Kibum's strides around the apartment. He received no response.

"Kim Kibum." Minho repeated, this time reaching to grab Kibum's wrist.

The latter snatched his arm away.  "Leave me alone, prick."

Minho barked back. "You're a prick!"

"You're the prick!" Kibum finally spun around to face the younger.

"Jesus! Why is it always something with you?" Minho barked back into Kibum's face.

"Why don't you leave then, ?!"

"You know, it's never sounded so appealing!"

The two fumed, faces only inches away from each other. For moments, they just stared. Kibum's glare wavered as he briefly glanced at Minho's soft, pink lips. He let out a quiet whimper of frustration, before returning to the other's eyes.

However brief Key's glance was, Minho still caught it. And he knew he needed Kibum right now.

Without waiting one more second, Minho crashed his lips onto Kibum's in a deep and sloppy kiss. Kibum moved naturally into it, returning Minho's energy and wrapping his arms around his junior's neck.

With their kiss heating up, Kibum guided Minho into the latter's bedroom, slamming the door behind them.


Minho felt the bed creek as the warm body beside him left his side and slipped out of the bed. He put on his previously discarded shirt and boxers, before quietly exiting the room. He rolled over and peeked his eyes open, waiting for Kibum to return. This was his favorite part of the night.

As he heard Kibum's footsteps reapproaching, he shut his eyes, pretending to be asleep. Kibum had carried Minho's coat and bag into his bedroom. He gingerly hung up the coat in it's rightful spot in the closet. He unpacked the work bag, cleaned it out, got rid of his trash from lunch, and repacked it.

Minho had never known when that little habit of Kibum's had started. He only realized that it had been happening after one day spilling coffee on his bag and waking up the next day with it spotless and smelling great. 

Minho watched with a small smile as Kibum, with his back to Minho, made sure everything was neat and perfect for Minho to wake up to.

The next morning, Minho awoke, his bed empty and cold.

He got up and did his daily morning shave. He looked down and noticed some tiny strand of his hair crowding around the sink. He picked up a washcloth to clean it, but as he looked between towel and the hair, he couldn't help but chuckle. 

He didn't dare touch that hair.


a/n: hi all! thanks for reading! <3