Accident

Special
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N : I'm not fluent in Medical terms or any of it, I just write what I think I know

This chapter contains an Accident, a little bit of Self-blame scenes. Read at your own risk.

 

 

February 15th, 2020…

“Oppa drive safe,” Eugene waved to her almost 3 years boyfriend.

“Arasseo, I’ll call you later. Text me when you’re done with the conference.” And with that, he drove away from Eugene’s apartment complex. They spent Valentine for the second time already, Eugene couldn’t ask for a better boyfriend.

He was going to stay for another night but Eugene had a conference with foreign investors in the evening and the conference will probably lasted until really late at night so Eugene felt bad if her boyfriend had to wait on her.

He had other things to do tomorrow too so Eugene send him off to get some rest at his place. There had been a talk about moving in together as both stayed at each other’s places most of the time anyway. But as both of them are originally busy with their own work, they haven’t had time to look for a new apartment and continued to go back and forth between each other’s apartment.

Eugene started the meeting by 5.45 p.m, not even 15 minutes after her boyfriend left. Da Reum was there to help her set everything up at her home office. The conference went as well as expected and when Eugene glanced at the clock, it was only 7.35 p.m, she expected the meeting to last well until around 9 but she was mistaken.

Da Reum handed Eugene her phone because the two of them had a habit of turning their personal phones off during an important meeting. Eugene put the phone on her work table, deciding to grab a cold beer first before texting her boyfriend.

“Da Reum, let’s talk at the living room. My back is killing me.”

Her assistant followed her, immediately laid down the big sofa besides the boss, stretching her sore back after sitting straight for the online conference they held. Both of them took a sip of a cold beer, taking a break from using their brain a lot during international meeting. Da Reum was the first one to switch her phone back on, and the amount of notification she received surprised the both of them.

“Why? Do you have family emergency?”

Da Reum scrolled through her phone and slowly looked up. “Eonnie, where’s your phone?”

“At the table on my office, why? What’s wrong?”

“Maybe you should check it, Eonnie.”

“Why? You’re scaring me, what’s going on?” Eugene slowly stood up from the sofa. Walking towards her office while glancing to the pale face of her assistant, following her closely.

“All of the notifications are from your boyfriend’s friends and manager, Eonnie.” She said slowly, Eugene broke into running by the time she finished her sentence.

Eugene shaking hands hurriedly switch her phone off and it was true, her phone was flooding with texts and missed calls from the PDs and writers from Running Man, some of the members’ managers and the whole Running Man casts except for one; her boyfriend.

She opened the texts from the first person her eyes found, it was from So Min eonnie.

19.12 -- Jeon So Min : EUGENE IS IT TRUE? PLEASE TELL ME ITS NOT

19.15 – Jeon So Min : WHY IS YOUR PHONE OFF? WHERE ARE YOU???

19.23 – Jeon So Min : ARE YOU WITH HIM OR NOT IM CRYING NOW

19.33 – Jeon So Min : IM ON MY WAY TO THE HOSPITAL PLEASE BE OKAY!!!

20.31 — Jeon So Min : Jae Seok oppa called your dad and said you’re on a meeting, I’m so glad you’re okay but drive safely as soon as you saw this okay? We’re staying here with him for you so don’t worry too much

20.55 — Jeon So Min : Eugene, your dad called your driver and he’ll be waiting to drive you here as soon as you saw this so please don’t run. We’ll stay with him here for you, all night, if that’s what it takes

With nothing else in mind, Eugene ran towards her private elevator and pushed the button repeatedly. Da Reum ran along with her, grabbing the first two pairs of shoes for the both of them and entered the elevator in record time as her boss tried to close it as soon as possible. As expected, Mr. Cho was already waiting in front of the elevator, car is ready to go and door is opened so they jumped straight inside the black SUV.

Mr. Cho drove to the hospital faster than they’ve seen him drive before and during the car ride, Da Reum tried her best to calm her frantic boss, heart breaking along with her. Da Reum wiped her tears strained face and cried with her, while whis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter