The Real Surprise

Special
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What? What are you all doing here?!” Kwang Soo oppa shouted as he moved to a sitting position, Eugene and everyone else is almost dying from laughter. “What’s with all the cameras? Why are you all doing this to me????” he shouted again.

He looked around his now cramped with people bedroom and caught the sight of his girlfriend laughing along with everyone, all dressed up and TV-presence ready.

“Oh my God, Eugene. Did you plan everything with these punks?” He asked with disbelief tone. “I’m so sorry oppa, but I can not resist.”

Kwang Soo shook his head. “I shouldn’t let you hang with them, they’re a bad influence for you.”

“Yah! Why are you blaming us?” Jae Seok started.

“He can’t blame his girlfriend so blaming us is the next best choice, hyeong.” Haha added. “You’re right oppa,” So Min chimed in to worsen the situation.

“AAARGH you all made me crazy!” Kwang Soo exploded.

“Oppa forgive me.” Eugene said, hugging the flustered birthday boy.

“She’s right, she only helped you to meet your favorite people in the world. Right everyone?” Jae Seok started again, earning a punch to his stomach by the angry man. “What do you mean???? You invaded my apartment again!” He screamed.

“That’s the whole idea, yeah.” Jae Seok replied calmly, making everyone laugh harder.

“Yah, Eugene-a. How could you hide this from me? You’re usually so bad at lying.” He asked, genuinely wondering. He looked calmer now as he joined in with the round of laughter. “Remember when you met me and Da Reum at this little restaurant near the SBS Building?” Kwang Soo oppa thought for a few seconds before responding. “You were there for a meeting with these punks, weren’t you?”

This time, Jong Kook oppa hit the back of his head after the question.

“I just finished a meeting with Bo Pil oppa and went there for a quick lunch.” Eugene admitted, Kwang Soo immediately went for her waist, pinching the side he knew she’s ticklish.

“Yah you pabo, you should’ve noticed something was off. Why else she would be near the building?” Ji Hyo eonnie said. “She’s working in the food industry, to find her eating on a strange restaurant is not a suspicious move.” Kwang Soo oppa tried to defend himself.

“He’s right, that doesn’t even look strange for Eugene-a.” Se Chan oppa helped.

“Yah! I will not spare you even if you help me now, you crazy.” Kwang Soo threatened.

“Okay everyone, we will give the birthday boy his privacy to get ready. We’ll continue the shoot at the living room in an hour, we ordered early lunch for everyone so let’s eat while we wait.” Bo Pil PD instructed.

“Yah! We’re really doing this? I don’t even have my team ready. I supposed to have nothing on my schedule today.” Kwang Soo oppa protested. “Don’t worry oppa, your team is waiting outside. Da Reum arranged everything.” Eugene rubbed his shoulder, he sighed with a bitter smile.

“Okay. I will get everyone back for this, you and Da Reum too. I swear on my life.” He said with a determination on his voice.

“Just get ready, you greedy man. Haah, I can’t believe this guy. He’s a rich man but still asked his girlfriend for more birthday presents when he can buy it for himself.” Jae Seok said while walking out the bedroom, everyone burst into another round of laughter. “YOU HEARD THE CALL TOO?” Kwang Soo oppa screamed out his frustration.

After about 45 minutes of light lunch and conversation with the Running Man team on her apartment spacious living room, Eugene excused herself to check on her boyfriend. “Oppa are you almost ready?” Eugene asked when she opened the door to one of the guest room, where her boyfriend is getting ready.

“Hm, I just need to change into the clothes they picked.” He said, wiping his lips with a tissue. He’s eating a portion of jjajjangmyeon too like everyone else. “Okay, I’m just checking.”

“Oppa, we’re leaving now. Your outfit is ready at the bathroom. Have a good day,” his stylist was the last one to leave the room. “Hm, thank you. Good work everyone.” Kwang Soo oppa replied before taking his last bite of jjajjangmyeon. Eugene stood in front of his chair, hand already occupied with a clean tissue. “I’ll clean your lips, oppa. Brush your teeth first before changing.” Eugene gently wiped his lips, being careful not to wipe his makeup.

To Eugene’s surprised, Kwang Soo oppa wrapped his long hands around her waist. “Ah oppa, what is it?”

He hugged her a little more tighter. “I might look like I’m mad, but I’m happy you brought my friends here. They already felt like family to me and I’m happy to see them on my birthday. Thank you, love.”

Eugene’s heart skipped a beat from his sweet words. “I’m sorry we had to miss going to Japan for this oppa.” Out of everything, Eugene felt bad about turning his offer down for a staycation in Japan.

“Don’t be sorry, love. You know I love and hate them at the same time, but they’re my family for about 10 years now. I’m happy with them coming over, and including you with the filming. Means they accept you whole-heartedly.”

“They’re all treat me nicely too, I couldn’t be happier.”

“Let’s meet them and finish this soon, I want to spend more time with just you.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter