From Dinner to Second Round

Special
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

6 months later..

Eugene sighed as she plopped down her chair, the meeting lasted 5 hours, draining so much of her energy. Da Reum placed a glass of iced tea before taking a seat at one of the chair facing the sky of Seoul. Eugene chose the higher level of the building and this room specifically because of the view, Da Reum too, often stared off the like her boss. “What’s my next appointment, Da Reum?” Eugene desperately needed some sleep but she most definitely had more things to do as it was just about 5 pm.

“You had dinner with your parents and the Running Man members at the Kim’s Backyard restaurant, eonnie.” Eugene gasped. “It is tonight? Do I need to go to the hair salon first?”

After the first time Eugene met 4 of Running Man members, she googled the whole casts and was blown away by how clueless she acted. They are huge stars, and she probably embarrassed them for not knowing about their existence. Da Reum tried to comfort her by saying that she didn’t know anything about them either but Eugene still felt bad as she knows how much Da Reum spend time with her too. Both of them are workaholic and didn’t have time to even have dinner with their friends, let alone watch a Sunday variety shows on TV.

“You looked fine, eonnie. You still have time though, should I try and call Miss Park?” Park Bon-A is a hairdresser Eugene called when she had special events to attend. “What do you mean? You’re not coming to the dinner?”

Da Reum shrugged her shoulders, smiling small. “I’m taking the night off, eonnie. I had lots to do tomorrow after that meeting we just held.”

Eugene almost wanted to fire her right there and then. “You’re the worst, what time is the dinner?”

“7.30. So.. should I call Miss Park?”

“I really hate you sometimes, call Mr. Cho, we’re leaving in 5.”

“You mean you’re leaving in 5 right, eonnie?”

“I hope you’ll have a good rest tonight, I’m not checking anything for the rest of the day, explain everything to me first thing tomorrow morning.”

Da Reum mocked a salute to Eugene’s way. “Arasseo.”

Eugene barely made it to the restaurant with only 5 minutes to spare. She went to Miss Park’s salon and had to went back home to change her clothes in record time. When Eugene entered the restaurant’s front desk, the manager, Mr. Ko ran to her instantly. “Miss Kim, your father is already inside.”

“What about my mother and the other guests?”

“Your mother had an urgent meeting, and the guests have not arrived yet. Let me take your coat, Miss.” Eugene handed him the coat which he handed to another staff before leading the way to a private dining room with a tall and wide glass, overlooking the backyard. Eugene saw a rather moderate amount of guests dining at the actual backyard and her first instinct was to ask the manager why is it so quiet as he opened the door.

He was flustered for a second and about to answer when a familiar voice stopped him. “Excuse my daughter Mr. Ko, she’s always thinking about the company first.”

“Chairman Kim, long time no see.” Eugene bowed politely to her dad as he laughed at the antics.

“You can leave us Mr. Ko, I can handle the young Miss Kim from here.”

Mr. Ko hurriedly bowed and leave the room, Eugene took a seat on her dad’s right after quickly hugging the plumpy man.

“How are you, dad?”

“Aren’t you curious about the rather quiet restaurant?”

“I am, but for your information, I am quite concerned about you too.”

Eugene’s dad laughed loudly. “I am quite well, my daughter. How about you? I know you’ve been busy as you continue to fail showing up on dinners your mother planned.”

“I have been busy, I admit. Da Reum did a great job squeezing doctors monthly check up and I am as healthy as I should be, dad. Now will you tell me why the restaurant is quiet?”

“The people dining here are the ones who made bookings for more than a month ago, we cannot just simply ask them to reschedule their visit. But the rest of the table are booked to the Running Man production team so yes, it is looking quiet empty tonight.”

“What? Why the whole team? I thought we were dining with the stars only.”

The chairman of Kim Co. sipped on his glass of wine before answering his daughter. “I decided to invest on SBS, mostly to keep my favorite show going for a long time now.”

“Are you serious right now? You invested on a variety show?”

“On a big TV Station, my darling. And I can help the show I love to run for a longer time for now. It is a great move, don’t you think?”

Eugene shook her head. “You really are something else, dad. Mom was right, when you had too much money on hand, you’ll start doing questionable things with it.”

“Your mother is a genius, I admit.”

“Whatever.” Eugene decided to give up asking more about the investment. “Why are they late to the dinner of their big fan, though?”

“Ah, I told them to come by 8, but I let my assistant to tell Da Reum-ssi 30 minutes earlier so I can drop the news first.”

He really is something else, huh? Eugene had to run around after a long day at work just to entertain her dad for 30 minutes before the actual dinner? She really had no idea how to handle him sometimes.

“I’m sorry for not squeezing you on my schedule, it won’t happen again, dad.”

“Do it for your mom, Kim Eugene. I’m still quite happy to receive your report every Monday, it was detailed and nicely written.”

“Send Da Reum something nice, she made my job easier.” Eugene sai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter