A spoonful of feelings

Before time started ticking

One day later Kevin reacted exactly the way I predicted. He didn't want to go with me, but he was happy that I finally got to meet Tea, wished me the best but would never want to meet Teas friend or any other girl, from who he didn't even know the name. And like predicted, I had to say goodbye to my free wish.

You know, you have to.“

What?“, he said surprised.

Remember? The bet yesterday.“

Eli, don't tell me you really want to give up your wish for something like that. You know that you could make me worse things do?“

Yes, of course. But this wish is good for both of us! I can meet Tea and have fun, you can meet her friend and forget about the disaster with your Martina. And if Teas friend is as nice as Martina, you might even-“

I won't be interested in her. But if that's what you want to sacrifice your wish for, then... See you tonight.“

 

Kevin went out and left me alone with my thoughts. When we met again this evening, it didn't seem as if he thought of this date as nothing. I – of course! - did everything to look great and manly for my date with Tea. And even Kevin looked like he spent a few more minutes than normally in the bathroom, trying to fix his hair. But I didn't say anything to him, since I wanted to let him have a nice time and with me teasing him he wouldn't be in the best mood for a date. So I just grinned at him and we drove to the meeting point. The girls arrived only a few minutes after us. They, too, seemed like they tried to look pretty for us, which made me think of this evening even more as a date. It had to be a date, since it looked like the meeting of a girl and a boy which you normally only see on TV. I was so busy looking at Tea and her beauty, that I only looked at her friend because Kevin hit me hard with his elbow. I looked confused and a little bit angry, since his elbow really hurt me, at Kevin. He looked at the girls with his mouth wide open and I followed his eyes. Even I had to hold back to not open my mouth because I was so surprised. Not because Teas friend was such a pretty person – even thought I wouldn't call her ugly either – but because Teas friend was Martina! The girl, that Kevin wanted to meet so badly. I patted Kevins shoulders to signal him, that I was happy for him, and started to walk towards the girls.

 

Finally!“, I said and put my hand on Teas back, to show her the way. Kevin and Martina were busy staring at each other, but I didn't want to play cupid for those two. Destiny already did a big part for him, now he had to look for himself what to make out of it. I would try to influence my own destiny by getting to know the wonderful girl at my side. Like that, I didn't notice the silence between Kevin and Martina while we went to my favorite café.

Sorry, did you wait for a long time?“, asked Tea and I shook my head.

We only arrived. You're beautiful.“ I smiled at her brightly, partly because I was happy that she didn't care about Kevin and talked to me instead. The girls were walking next to each other, between me and Kevin. Now if that wasn't a scene from a good drama, then I don't know anything about romance!

Thank you for calling me. I didn't expect you to call me so fast.“

Originally I wanted to call earlier, but the fanmeeting was scheduled to end late, so I didn't want to bother you while you work.“

Seeing her being so considerate about my job and schedule made me really happy. You wouldn't expect to meet such a caring person in this world. I wondered when people normally know that they are in love. Because my heart beating fast like that couldn't be all of it, right?

That's good to hear. How old are you, by the way?“

Dongsaeng-ah~! I'm your nuna!“

I had to laugh hard. She seemed to understand a big part of korean culture, since she called me dongsaeng. And I actually liked how she said it. Well, it wasn't a secret that I actually liked older girls, so she knew that for sure. „But you're not older by much, right?“

I tried to keep us talking. „Only two years. But you are allowed to call me nuna.“

The back of my hand touched hers while we walked side by side, and I even thought of grabbing her hand when she suddenly bumped into me and I had to akt quick, to actually save her from falling on the floor. Martina tried to save Kevin from running into a pole and pulled him so hard, that he bumped into her, made her stumble and run into Tea who then landed in my arms. In that moment I was so thankful for the two of them being there and bringing us closer like this. I held Tea tightly at her waist until she took a step back and looked at me with brightly shining cheeks. „Thank you.“, she whispered while looking away. From the corner of my eyes I saw how Kevin took Martinas hand and I was truly happy for him. Looked like he was pretty sure about his feelings. Martina was the person he liked. I was envious of him, being fearless and brave, facing his own feelings. Even though I liked Tea and wanted to know more about her, wanted to touch and protect her, I wasn't too sure about my own feelings. How far I would actually take it with her. And I felt so unsure. But there was no time to think about that, we just talked with each other and finally arrived at the cafè that I had booked for us.

 

At the café I decided to let Kevin alone with his girl. It was strange to try to get to know each other when there are more people listening. You can't flirt as freely and in the end, the girls talk more to each other than to us. And more importantly: I noticed how Kevin let go of Martinas hand, only because I looked at them. If I left the two of them alone it would only be good for both of us. I could spend time with Tea and he with Martina.

Kevin, why did you let go of her hand? Never do that again!“, I whispered into his ear while the girls were sitting down. „If you like her, show it! Should I disappear with Tea to give you some space?“

 

Kevin nodded so I went to the table, took Teas hand, pulled her up and dragged her with me. „Where are we going?“, she asked. „Oh, just to enjoy some time alone...“, I answered and offered her a place at a table in the next room. And there we were, sitting and looking at each other without a word. I took a sip from my mug, she drank some juice. Unsurprisingly I was fed up from the silence. The table between us gave me the feeling of a barrier between us, so I ended up standing up and sitting down next to Tea. Only after sitting down, I realized how small the seats were. Strange, from my seat they looked so big... My body acted on its own and put my arm around Teas shoulder, to stop me from slipping down and save some space. She looked surprised at me, but smiled. „Looks like they are made only for one person to sit at.“, I said with a low voice and grinned at my beautiful date. Well, this was really saving space, especially when she finally leaned on me. I culd smell her. Sweet. We talked for about ten minutes, when we were suddenly interrupted. My manager.

I excused myself for a second and went some steps away from our table while picking up his call. He asked me where Kevin and I were running around and if we didn't konw that we had to get up early tomorrow. I had to promise him to go home with Kevin right away, so that he wouldn't come to pick us up personally. Reluctant I went back to our table and explained the situation. Tea seemed disappointed. That somehow made me happy, but on the other side it made me sad, as I realized at home. I was the kind of guy you couldn't even meet for one evening without interruption – and this was only our first meeting! Would she like to be with someone like me? Someone who always had to leave, no matter what, and couldn't stay by her side even if she asked me to? Once again I felt envious of Kevin and how close his relationship with Martina seemed. They already held each others hands and it looked like they even would've kissed, if I hadn't come and interrupted them because we had to go... If I was as brave as him, I would've tried the same. Then I might've already found out me feelings for Tea. Already half asleep I tried to imagine how it could feel to kiss Tea and finally fell asleep...