The beginning

Birth of the Black and White Pearls (Revised)

Ānela's POV


Today was the day! Ānela walked out of her dorm room and ran down the hall to wake her sister, Kalia. Knowing that her sister would be asleep still, Ānela banged as hard as she could to wake her up, it was 10AM so most of the other students in the dorm were awake already. Ānela heard a faint grunt from the other side of the door and laughed before opening the door to see her little sister grumbling in her bed. 

"Morning... thanks for waking me up." she yawned, stretching her arms above her head. She clearly wasn't happy about being woken up this early, she preferred to sleep till 12. I wasn't going to let her do that today. It's our birthday! 

"Time to get ready, we're gonna go visit mom before our party." I said, walking into her kitchenette and grabbing the ice coffee from her fridge. I poured ice coffee into two cups and walked over to her bed, giving her one.

"Oh yeah, todays our big day!" suddenly excited Kalia jumps up, almost spilling her coffee. She takes a big gulp and puts her cup down before running to her bathroom to brush her hair. 

We may have been twins with the same face but we had different hair and eye color. My hair was a light golden blonde color and I had blue eyes, a rarity in my family apparently. Kalia, however, was brunette with brassy undertones and bright green eyes. 

Brushing her wild hair, Kalia turned to me, "How are you already up and ready to go? It is wayy too early."

I laughed, I was always an early riser, getting up with the sun. "I've been up since 7AM, you know I like to get an early start." I finished my coffee and cleaned the cup, "I'll see you in a bit, I'm gonna finish getting ready myself" I say and turn to walk back to my room. 

On the way to my room I passed a man I had never seen before, he looked at me and smiled but didn't say anything as I walked past. It wasn't that strange to see boys in the dorm, even though it was the girls section, boys snuck in to see their girlfriends often. This man seemed strange though, I couldn't put my finger on it but he seemed to know me. Maybe he knew Kalia, and noticed our similarity, I'll ask her later.

Shaking my head, deciding it wasn't important, it was probably someones boyfriend and I had an important day ahead of me! Closing my room door behind me, I walk to my bathroom and put on light makeup. I normally don't wear any but I had stayed up late last night finishing classwork, and I wore the evidence on my face. Eye bags, ugh. luckily a little foundation covered them up perfectly. 

Picking out my clothes for today, I decided to wear shorts and a blue tee, with a white cardigan. It was the middle of August so it was still warm out but there was a cool breeze in the air. Taking a final looks in the mirror, satisfied, grabbing my bags, I walked back to Kalias room. 

I walk in without knocking this time, Kalia yelped as she had been putting a shirt on when I walked in and her belly was exposed. "You scared me!" she exclaims and pulls her shirt down all the way. 

I laugh and put my stuff down before walking into her kitchenette again and asking "want something to eat? I'll cook while you get ready."

"Yes please! Bacon and eggs, and french toast!" She yelled as she walked over to her dresser and finished picking out her outfit. 

While she got ready I cooked what she requested and made another cup of ice coffee for myself. When she was finished getting ready, we ate in silence. 

As I cleaned up the food plates I thought of the strange man I saw in the hallway earlier. Before I could ask Kalia about him, there was a knock on her door. 

Kalia walked over to answer the door, "Hi! Is there something I can help you with?" I looked through the door frame, it was the man I saw in the hallway earlier.