Eye to Eye

Who Needs Tomorrow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi! This is my first ever JenLisa story. My apologies for all the errors. English is not my first language. Anyhow, This story was supposed to be for a different pairing but it felt a little off so I tweaked it and changed it to Jenlisa. Let me know what you think in the comments.

Enjoy and share it to other Jenlisa fans out there. Sharing is caring.

This story is also available on Wattpad.

_______________________________________________________________________________

"And I was like baby, baby, baby ohhh.. Baby, baby..."

Lisa groaned in frustration as she heard Baby by Justin Bieber, the annoying tone of her phone that she meticulously assigned to her equally annoying assistant/bestfriend whenever she calls Lisa to wake her up or to inform her about her schedule. She unwillingly pressed the answer button and lazily placed the phone on her ear.

"What?" She growled.

"Good Morning, Lalisa. How are you doing on this fine Sunday morning?" Her bestfriend asked perkily. Don't get her wrong, she likes her. In fact, she is the only person aside from her family and friends who can tolerate her mood swings and crabbiness. She is grateful that she has a very hands on and loyal assistant who never fails to save her whenever she does something stupid but right now she cant help but sneer at the girl because first, it's Sunday and it's the only time of the week that she doesn't need to work. Second, Lisa is suffering from a hangover from drinking too much last night and third, she just doesn't feel like talking to anyone right now.

"Oh, easy there, Tiger. I was just calling to let you know tha--"

"Stop! If it's about work then call me back later. Bye!"

______________________________________________________________________________

Pranpriya Manoban, a 24 year old multi awarded rapper and dancer, an amazing actress, a y seductress, chaebol, and a hot Casanova. Name it and she has it. She's not only famous for being a public figure but also very notorious when it comes to women. Yes, it's not a secret that Lisa's gay and not just gay but an overly confident, chick magnet.

6 years ago, when she was just starting her career, the management talked her into keeping it as a secret but Lisa, being her stubborn self, didn't agree with them. She lives by the rule "if they cant accept me, they don't deserve me", which is her life long motto. The management was really forced to plan how they will incorporate her 'coming out of the closet' to the public and the launching of her album into a less disastrous way. They already came up with something but of course Lisa doesn't like to be instructed and so she didn't follow what she was told. On the day of her album launching, a girl came up to her and kissed her in front of the camera and people who were there at the said event were speechless. Lisa didn't push the girl. Instead she cupped the back of the girls head and kissed her back. To say that the media were stunned was an understatement. It took a couple of seconds before someone say something. She was supposed to launch her first album but then it became more like a stupid talk show. They just asked a few questions about the album and the rest of the question were channeled to her being a lesbian.

It was indeed a disastrous moment. Her manager and producer were mad beyond belief to the extent that the blonde thought it would be her first and last album. Again, being her stubborn self, she just shrugged them off, smirked at them and jokingly said, " Another dream of mine is to become a y barista. Do you think I'll be in?" Her manager threw her out of the room after hearing it and ask not to show her face for the rest of the day. That was actually the reaction she was hoping for so that she could escape the horrible conversation.

After getting out of the "dungeon" she went back to her house, went straight to her room, took out her phone and texted someone.

To Somi,
"Hey, thanks for the kiss. You did well! Not only will my parents be pissed at me when they see that but also I'm sure I'll be in the news for days."

After typing it, Lisa hit the send button and sat down her phone at her bedside table. As expected, her phone vibrated, alerting her that she got a new message.

To Lisa,
"Ha! Good luck with that. I'm sure your parents will chew your ears off for putting a show like that."

To Somi,
"It's fine. I dont care! I think it's high time for them to accept who I really am. They have been in denial for a long time now."

To Lisa,
"True! Anyway, you should really take a rest. I'm sure you'll have a very busy day tomorrow."

To Somi,
"Thanks Somi for everything. You're a great friend and I promise I'll keep you out of this mess. Love ya!

Morning came and the news about her, being gay, spread like wildfire. A lot of people criticized her. Bad things were said about her but she couldn't care less because even though there are a lot of bashers, there were also a lot of people who actually supported her and she's more than happy about it not only because she was accepted but also because her album became a big hit. She was everywhere. Tv shows, radio programs, big and small events, name it and Lisa's in it.

Her managers were very much pleased that everything turned out for the better. In just a few months, she was hailed a winner from different award giving bodies. She became a star. She became the person she dreamt of.

The blonde's sudden explosion to stardom is not always rainbows and butterflies and she has already proven that a lot of times. First, the time and effort that she needs to put into her work is unbelievable. Second, temptations are everywhere when you're in the business. And the third, her family who was supposed to be there for her doesn't really support her and that's the thing that hurt her the most.

Lisa, being the only child, was brought up to follow the footsteps of her parents. She was told to be gracious, to be passionate, to be respectful to have a dream and etcetera. She has all of those but her parents thought it wasn't good enough. They thought, or more like her father thought that, it wasn't good enough. That she wasn't trying hard enough. That her achievements at an early age wasn't good enough.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Flashback to her last conversation with her father..

"You should stop doing all of this, Lisa and just focus on your studies. How many times do I have to tell you that music will not get you anywhere!" Marco said with his arms crossed over his chest while looking at his daughter intimidatingly.

"Why? What is so wrong with me pursuing music? You said to follow my dreams and do what I am most passionate about so here I am doing exactly what you said." She answered, matching the tone of her father's voice.

"Yes, I said that but what are you going to do after this? Sing at a bar in front of drunken people? Stand on the corner of the street with a damn guitar strapped on your shoulder playing some songs while people drop coins in front of you? That is not what I want for you! That is not what I want for my daughter!" Marco said with frustration lacing his voice due to his daughter's stubborness.

"Exactly! This is not what you want for me because everything should be all about what you want! You want me to be a lawyer like you or a doctor like Mom! You want me to follow your footsteps. You want me to be a carbon copy of yourself and I dont want that! I dont want to be like you because I want to establish my own name. I dont want to live under yours and Mom's shadow!" Lisa's dad was taken aback by his daughter's outburst

"You dont have much of a choice here, Pranpriya. This is my house, I am your father and you will do what I think is best for you."

"Haha! So you will use the 'My house, my rules' card on me just to make me do what you want?" She laughed sarcastically. "Okay, fine!"

She stood up from where she was seated and opened the door to her father's office. She was about to step out when she heard her father's voice.

"Where do you think you you're going? We're not yet done talking."

"No, I think we're done. And don't worry. I will just go to my room, pack my bag and leave this place." The blonde answered without turning around and facing her father. "If living here means not doing what I love then, I'll just go and find a place of my own."

After hearing that, her father immediately took the space that was separating her and her daughter and held her arm to make her look at him.

"You are not leaving this house!"

"Try me." she whispered. She shoved her father's hand on her arm and left the room closing the door with a bang. She immediately went straight to her room pulling out a suitcase and placing it on her bed. She went to the closet and grabbed as many clothes as she can and placed it on the suitcase. She was about to get her bag for her other clothes when she heard a knock.

"Lisa, it's me." she sighed after hearing her Mom's voice. The last thing on her mind was to talk to her because her Mom is the most genuine person in the world. Her relationship with her Dad might be on a rough patch but her relationship with her Mom is not.

She stopped stuffing her bag with clothes when she heard the door clicked and her Mom came into view.

"Honey, what are you doing?" Chitthip asked, eyeing the clothes and the suitcase on her daughter's bed. "Why are you packing your things?"

"I'm leaving. I cant take it anymore Mom." The younger woman closed her eyes when she felt her eyes sting from the tears that she was trying to hold back. "I don't belong here."

"Oh, Honey... Come here." She pulled her daughter in her arms and held her tightly. Chitthip knows that her husband and daughter are not on the same wavelength right at the moment. She knows that her husband has been bugging their daughter to drop music and persuade a serious profession. She is kinda torn in between because although her husband has a point, they still can't dictate their daughter on what she should and shouldn't do. She believes that their daughter is old enough to make her own decision. She already tried talking to her husband about it but if there's something Lisa go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter