Final (2/2)

Of Nightclubs and Online Gamers


 

The atmosphere grew tense within seconds, both Hyukjae and Hangeng glaring  at each other, like two predators ready to lash out their claws.

 

“This is Hyukjae.” Donghae gestured at his boyfriend hesitantly, not at all liking the uncomfortable silence.

 

Hyukjae’s grip around him tightened.

 

“He isn’t as impressive as you made him out to be.” The man in the leather said nonchalantly looking completely bored. “If you change your mind, let me know. I’ll show you what real pleasure looks like.”

 

“If you don’t ing leave now, you’ll have my goddamn fist on your face!” Hyukjae snarled, the barely restrained fury evident in his voice, startling Donghae.

 

“Such a shame.” Hangeng sighed. “It was lovely meeting you, Donghae.” 

 

The man in the leather jacket walked off, getting completely engulfed by the crowd at the nightclub. Donghae was about to turn to his boyfriend, happy that he had come, when Hyukjae grabbed his arm albeit roughly, dragging him out of the nightclub into the streets of Seoul.

 

Sobriety hit Donghae as soon as he walked into the cold open air.

 

“Ow my head.” Donghae groaned clutching his head with his palms.

 

“What the hell were you thinking?!” Hyukjae yelled throwing his hands in the air in disbelief.

 

The brunette froze.

 

Hyukjae had never used that sort of tone with him before.

 

“Hyukkie?” Donghae murmured timidly in confusion.

 

“You went to a nightclub alone?! Do you know how many sick erts could’ve taken advantage of you? Hell you’re barely eighteen! You don’t have a good alcohol tolerance! You could’ve poisoned yourself Donghae!” Hyukjae roared clenching his fists.

 

“I was fine.” The brunette protested weakly. “Heechul hyung was with me.” 

 

The sapphire blue haired man forced a laugh.

 

“Heechul hyung sent me a text saying that he was leaving a nightclub and that you were there too, and told me to come and pick you up!”  He scoffed.

 

Donghae’s eyes widened.

 

“God Donghae what exactly were you thinking pulling a stunt like this?! Do you know how worried I was?!”

 

The brunette snapped. There was a limit to the accusing comments he could bare with.

 

“It’s not like you’d care anyway!” Donghae yelled back, his eyes blazing.

 

“What?” Hyukjae asked incredulously.

 

“I went there because of you! You’ve been ignoring for the past couple of weeks, going to that stupid gaming club that I can’t go to because I’m too young!” The brunette all but screamed, clenching his fists around his white shirt.

 

“Donghae I-“

 

“That’s all I am, isn’t it? Just a kid with a crush! No matter how hard I try, I won’t be as mature or grown up as you want me to be, I’m not cool enough for your friends, I’m just a plain embarrassment. It’s true isn’t it?”

 

Hyukjae stood in the sidewalk, looking completely bewildered as tears flowed down Donghae’s cheeks. 

 

“Hae, what are you even talking ab-“

 

“Leave it. I don’t want to know! Leave me alone!” Donghae cried out, his throat burning.

 

Maybe this was it. Hyukjae will break up with him. The blue haired man will hate Donghae for the rest of his life.

 

Donghae felt sick as the emotions overwhelmed him.

 

So he did the first thing that came into his mind.

 

He ran.

 

The brunette didn’t even managed to get that far before he collided into another body, throwing him off balance, almost falling to the floor due to the harsh impact.

 

Donghae glanced up to see an angry man glaring at him.

 

“Watch where you’re going, you bastard!” He roared taking a threatening step towards Donghae.

 

The brunette shrank back in fear. The man was obviously drunk, but he was also bigger and bulkier than Donghae. His mind was screaming at him to yell for help, fight back or just run away, but his feet were frozen in place as the drunk man raised his meaty fist to strike him.

 

Suddenly Hyukjae was there, pushing Donghae behind him protectively, glaring at the drunkard ,not intimidated the slightest, even though the man was stronger than him.

 

“It was an accident. He didn’t see you.” Hyukjae said firmly, holding onto Donghae’s trembling wrist.

 

The drunk man’s eyes narrowed, but he let the issue go, stumbling away on the sidewalk slightly swaying.

 

Donghae was terrified.

 

He couldn’t help the gasping sobs that erupted out of him, as he raised his fists to his mouth, trying to compose himself somehow.

 

The reality hit him so suddenly.

 

Hyukjae was right.

 

It was stupid of him to recklessly wander around in a nightclub all by himself. He could’ve gotten seriously hurt if Hyukjae hadn’t shown up when he did. 

 

And his boyfriend had still protected him even though he had just yelled at him to leave him alone. 

 

So when Hyukjae gathered him up into his arms, all Donghae could do was cry his eyes out hoping that the blue haired man wouldn’t ever leave him.

 

•••

 

Hyukjae had to admit that he was alarmed by his own fury, as he rushed to rescue the younger from the nightclub, fearing the worst.

 

But now Hyukjae felt all the anger in his system disappear as he held Donghae in his possessive embrace, his heart clenched painfully as his boyfriend sobbed, his entire body shaking.

 

“I’m so sorry Hae.” He whispered, rubbing the younger’s lower back soothingly. “I got you. You’re safe.”

 

The brunette just tightened his grip on the older slightly, buring his head further into the other’s chest.

 

“It’s ok baby. Everything’s going to be ok.” Hyukjae murmured, pressing soft kisses to his boyfriend’s hair.

 

The blue haired male took off his jacket, prying Donghae off of him gently, making the younger wear it as he shivered against the cold night air of the streets.

 

“Come on Hae. I’ll take you home.”

 

Hyukjae guided the brunette to his car, helping Donghae get on the passenger seat, before getting to the driver’s side and starting the engine.

 

The entire ride to Hyukjae’s apartment was silent, the older deciding that it was the best to go there instead. He didn’t want his boyfriend to get into trouble with his parents.

 

The blue haired man looked at Donghae who was staring out of the window blankly, his eyes still puffy from crying.

 

He gripped the steering wheel tightly. Hyukjae knew that this whole escapade to a nightclub wasn’t just his boyfriend behaving irresponsibly. There was more to the story and Hyukjae was the cause of it. That much was clear.

 

Hyukjae wanted to ask what was wrong, what he had done to upset the boy he loved so much, but he was too afraid to ask, being already overwhelmed by the entire situation not wanting to make the matter any worse.

 

The older male gently placed his palm on Donghae’s thigh, rubbing it soothingly hoping to comfort the brunette.

 

Hyukjae’s heart broke when he heard the younger sniffle back a sob.

 

“Sorry.” He muttered as he raised his palm off of the other, but Donghae’s hand shot up, grabbing his palm again, resting it back not the brunette’s own thigh.

 

The entire ride home, neither of them spoke a word, just silently held hands.

 

Hyukjae opened the door to his apartment, Donghae entering after him. Yesung, Hyukjae’s roommate, who was in the kitchen making what seemed to be a midnight snack greeted the pair cheerfully.

 

“Hey you two! Did you go on a date?” The slightly eccentric man with silver hair questioned.

 

“Not exactly.” Hyukjae answered harsher than he intended to.

 

He headed towards the fridge, taking out a bottle of cold water. He seriously needed to calm himself down, he told himself.

 

“Donghae, would you like a sandwich?” Yesung asked kindly, sensing the slight tension between them.

 

“No thank you hyung.” The brunette mumbled weakly, staring down at his feet looking rather lost. 

 

Hyukjae froze while uncapping the bottle, his heart aching painfully again.

 

Donghae had never acted so uncomfortably in his apartment. The younger was usually rather enthusiastic about staying over at his place, running about the place, ordering everyone around. 

 

But tonight his boyfriend seemed so down and sad that it made Hyukjae wonder how long Donghae had been hiding those emotions from him.

 

Should he have taken Donghae to his own home instead?

 

“Hae, how about you go have a shower and get ready to sleep?” The blue haired man suggested gently.

 

Donghae nodded slowly, not meeting Hyukjae’s eyes as he went towards Hyukjae’s room, closing the door behind him.

 

Yesung turned to Hyukjae raising a brow.

 

“He went to a nightclub by himself.” Hyukjae answered the unasked question shortly before gulping down the entire contents of the bottle.

 

“More like he let Heechul hyung leave him in a nightclub all by himself.” The blue haired dancer corrected himself sighing in defeat.

 

Yesung turned toward the chopping board, spreading slices of bread on it.

 

“And where were you while Donghae was out there partying?” Yesung asked nonchalantly.

 

“Junsu dragged me to the game club after our lecture again.” Hyukjae replied tiredly leaning in the counter.

 

“I was supposed to meet up with Hae today. I only had time to text him that I couldn’t come before Su turned off my phone and locked it in his gaming room locker.” Hyukjae continued feeling dreadful. “And then he went on a bloody gaming frenzy for hours on end. It’s then I saw Heechul Hyung’s message to pick Donghae up from a freaking nightclub and I just panicked! It’s a miracle I didn’t crash while driving there!”

 

The blue haired man placed his elbows on the counter burying his head in his hands. Hyukjae could hear the sound of water running in the bathroom.

 

“Don’t you think that your friendship with Junsu is causing a lot of problems?” Yesung asked gently, stopping his work to look at his roommate properly.

 

“What do you mean, Sungie?” Hyukjae said feeling bewildered. 

 

What did his best friend have to do with any of this?

 

The entire mess, it was Hyukjae’s fault right? He’s the one who couldn’t manage his time between his college life, his friends and his boyfriend properly.

 

“Do you know the reason why Donghae’s upset?” Yesung rephrased his question.

 

The dancer nodded his head hesitantly.

 

“At least I think so. I haven’t been spending much time with Hae recently...” He answered sounding thoroughly defeated. “I’ve just been a pretty crappy boyfriend overall actually.”

 

Yesung looked through the cupboards taking out a bottle of mayo, placing it on the counter.

 

“And why haven’t you had time?”

 

“Because Su keeps forcing me to come to his goddamn online game club with him, every single chance he gets?” Hyukjae said monotonously.

 

The silver haired man, spread the mayo on his slices on bread, making sure to spread it evenly.

 

“And do you want to be there?”

 

Yesung sliced pieces of tomato into perfect circular pieces, placing them on top of the mayo spread bread.

 

“Of course I don’t want to be there. I’d rather spend my time with Hae.”

 

“So who’s fault is it in the end?” Yesung asked again, looking at the other.

 

“Junsu’s?!” The blue hair man asked bewildered, wondering how the hell he came up with that.

 

Hyukjae shook his head slightly, he shouldn’t blame his friend for all his troubles. That was selfish of him.

 

The sapphire blue haired man took out his phone, noticing the amount of messages in there for the first time.

 

“I should let Donghwa know that Hae’s staying over at my place.” He said to no one in particular.

 

The eccentric silver haired man nodded silently walking to the fridge to take out the slices of cold ham,bacon and cheese.

 

“Donghwa sent me a message hours ago” Hyukjae looked slightly miffed, reading it out loud. “He said, I’m not sure what you did for Donghae to be yelling insults at you, but you better not hurt my baby brother or I’ll castrate you, rip your limbs apart and throw you into the sea.”

 

Yesung opened the packaging of the cheese, placing two slices on the bread before placing the meat on top of it neatly.

 

“And there’s a message from Kibum. Isn’t he Donghae’s friend?” Hyukjae raised a brow. “ Apparently he’s going to kick my skinny across the East Sea if I don’t go and see Donghae right now.”

 

The blue haired man’s roommate placed lettuce on top of the ham and beacon meticulously, making sure that it didn’t topple over.

 

“Oh and you sent me a message saying that Ryeowook told you to say that I should probably go talk to Donghae.”

 

Yesung hummed in acknowledgment, placing two final slices of bread over the lettuce.

 

“And Shindong hyu-.... nevermind Shindong hyung just texted me to bring ramen to eat after dance practices tomorrow....”

 

The sliver haired man cut the sandwiches diagonally, making four perfect squares.

 

“Kyuhyun, isn’t that Donghae’s gaming friend, sent me a message saying at he and his Minnie, who the hell his Minnie?, are going to hack into my gaming account if I don’t pick up the bloody phone.”

 

Yesung admired the culinary masterpiece he made, a satisfied grin gracing his feature.

 

“Am I the last person to find out that Hae was upset with me?” Hyukjae asked sighing, running a hand through his sapphire blue locks tiredly.

 

The eccentric man finally looked at the dancer, who looked absolutely devastated at the recent events. Yesung could see how stressed his roommate was over this, which made him smile because it showed how much Hyukjae cared about his boyfriend.

 

“Want a bite?” Yesung offered holding up his sandwich, putting it back down on the chopping board, when the miserable blue haired man shook his head.

 

“Believe it or not Hyuk, Junsu isn’t really a nice person. I’m just putting up with him because he’s your best friend since your childhood. If he wasn’t, I probably would’ve thrown a swearing fit at him by now. Frankly speaking I hate his attitude, and he hates all your other friends too.” The eccentric man started speaking, hoping to explain things to his roommate in the gentlest manner possible.

 

To be completely honest, Yesung has been expecting this to happen for quite some time.

 

“He gets all aggressive with his words, and it’s pretty tiring to put up with him.” The silver haired man continued, noticing that he had gained Hyukjae’s full attention. “And I’m just your roommate. I would imagine that he’s been pretty hard on your boyfriend. I mean Hae’s a pretty sensitive person and he’s just too pure for the rest of us. Knowing him, he’s probably taking all of Junsu’s insults to heart.”

 

“Just how many times I have heard Junsu comment on how he’s going to set you up with some chick from college? Dozens. And how many times was Donghae there when he said all that? Most of the time.”

 

“I know you love Donghae too much to ever even think about leaving him. Hell everyone with a pair of eyes can see that! Junsu included. So I’m not sure why he’s being a such a jerk, but I would imagine it would be a hard blow on Donghae’s ego to hear his boyfriend’s best friend bash him like that. How strong is your friendship with Junsu anyway?”

Hyukjae stared at the eccentric silver haired man open mouthed, his eyes widening with realization. 

 

He blinked.

 

“Our parents are best friends since time began or whatever, they kind of forced me and Junsu to get along together. We just went with the flow.” The dancer answered, conflicted emotions overwhelming him. “He annoyed the hell out of me when we were younger, I hated him for some time to be honest. The only reason I’m putting up with him is to please my mother. I suppose I got used to his attitude with time.”

 

Yesung raised a surprised brow at the revelation.

 

“So you two aren’t actual best buddies like everyone has been assuming for the past years?”

 

“Not really, no. We just give each other the title just for the heck of it.” The sapphire haired man said, clenching his fist over his phone. “I never gave it much thought when I called him that. If anything, Hae’s my best friend. He’s literally been there for me for like the past eight years!”

 

Yesung smiled softly, pleased at the sudden turn of events. This conversation was going better than he had expected.

 

“Say you had to choose between Junsu and your boyfriend, who would you choose?” Yesung asked, taking a bite of his sandwich.

 

Hyukjae was silent for a second, but when he did answer, there was no doubt or hesitation in his voice.

 

“Donghae. I would choose Donghae.”

 

“Then make sure that Donghae knows that.” Yesung advised grinning as his roommate nodded determined, finally understanding the reason for all his mess.

 

The bathroom door opened, and footsteps were heard going into Hyukjae’s room, the door closing shut.

 

“Thanks Sungie.” The blue haired dancer said walking towards his room.

 

“Take a shower beforehand you monkey! You stink!” Yesung called out playfully causing Hyukjae to laugh as he flashed a thumbs up over his shoulder.

 

“Oh and Hyuk?”

 

Hyukjae turned around looking at his roommate expectantly. 

 

“Remember that badass security guard that Teukie Hyung was crushing on for years? Kangin I think? Those two finally got together!” The eccentric silver haired man said dreamily.

 

“That’s great! I’m happy for them.” Hyukjae smiler. 

 

Leeteuk hyung was someone who deserved the happiness.

 

Taking a quick refreshing shower gave time for Hyukjae to get his head straight. He hummed softly as he entered his room, clad only in a pair of sweat pants, toweling his sapphire blue hair dry.

 

He stopped short when he saw Donghae curled up on his side, laying on the bed, wearing one of Hyukjae’s white shirts and a pair of his boxers.

 

“Didn’t I put your blue pyjamas in my closet after we washed them from last week?” Hyukjae asked confused, walking over to his wardrobe.

 

A small, defiant but extremely cute mumble answered him.

 

“Don’t wanna wear them.”

 

The dancer glanced at the soft toy that was lying on the floor, completely forgotten by the sulking boy on the bed.

 

“What about your Nemo plushie?” Hyukjae asked almost teasingly.

 

“Don’t want that either!” His boyfriend answered, the pout evident in his voice.

 

The blue haired man dimmed the lights slightly, then crawled on the bed, lying down next to the younger, firmly wrapping his arms around his boyfriend’s waist pulling him closer so that Donghae’s back was against Hyukjae’s chest.

 

Hyukjae felt dreadful for the pain his lover had gone through.

 

He cuddled the brunette peppering soft  soft kisses across his shoulder.

 

“I’m so sorry Hae.” Hyukjae murmured, his sincerity evident in his voice. “I didn’t mean to yell at you... I just... I was afraid... terrified even that something bad had happened to you... I mean just the thought of some sick ert taking advantage of you made my blood boil... and when I saw you with that man... I... I guess I just snapped... I should’ve handled the situation better... Sorry Donghae. And I know I acted like complete jerk for the last few weeks. I’m so sorry Hae. I’ll try to be a better boyfriend I promise.”

 

The dancers protective hold on his boyfriend tightened slightly as he placed light kisses along the younger’s neck. 

 

Even though Donghae was still facing away from the other, he silently reached out and intertwined his fingers with Hyukjae’s which were still firmly wrapped around his waist, making the older smile.

 

“I can’t stop thinking about what you told me today baby.”  Hyukjae sighed snuggling his nose into the back of his neck, placing a sweet kiss there, as Donghae tensed slightly. “I’m not sure how you got the idea that you’re not good enough for my friends or that you’re an embarrassment because that’s not true Hae. You’re the person that I’m the most proud of to have in my life. I don’t care about what they think of you. Of us. I love you and nothing is ever going to change that!”

 

“And Hae, I didn’t mean to treat you like a child.” The sapphire haired male muttered, his voice dropping a tone lower, as he leaned over slightly, on a faded hickey on the hollow of his neck then placing a a firm kiss on the newly purpled spot. “Trust me when I say I that I won’t be touching you the way I do, if I ever saw you as a kid. I just like spoiling you baby. I thought you enjoyed me babying you?”

 

The brunette gave him a small shy nod, his face still firmly buried in the pillows.

 

“As for Junsu, I’m sorry about the way I acted when I’m with him.” Hyukjae said finally. “He’s a complete and he had no right to pick on you like that. I swear I’m going to go punch him, the first thing in the morning.”

 

Donghae shook his head frantically into the pillows.

 

“I’m sorry about everything Hae. I promised myself I wouldn’t hurt you when we started dating and I’ve done a terrible job at it so far.” The dancer pressed a kiss to the side of Donghae’s neck, caressing his abdomen gently. “I know I’ve been a crappy boyfriend but Hae can you forgive me just this once?”

 

Hyukjae unwrapped his arms around his boyfriend, turning Donghae on the bed so that he faced the blue haired man.

 

His eyes widened instantly when he saw the tearful pained orbs of the brunette.

 

“Donghae?!” Hyukjae exclaimed alarmed at the tears, sitting up on the bed, pulling up Donghae along with him onto the older’s lap.

 

“I’m sorry Hae, please don’t cry.” Hyukjae murmured , cupping the other’s face wiping the tears away with his thumbs.

 

“It’s not like that Hyukkie.” Donghae whispered his body trembling as he tried to control his sobs. “You’re the best boyfriend ever... it’s just that...it’s just...I don’t want you to hate me...I...”

 

The blue haired man rocked the younger back and forth, trying to comfort his lover.

 

“Nothing you could do or say can ever make me hate you Hae. I love you.” Hyukjae said, his voice holding no doubt. 

 

Donghae seemed to be conflicted as he struggled for words, finally freeing his thoughts in a distressed whimper.

 

“I don’t like Junsu hyung.” 

 

Hyukjae’s jaw dropped in surprise nth time that day. It seemed that Yesung’s words were right. Whatever Junsu had told his boyfriend had effected him so much that Donghae had been too scared to even talk to Hyukjae about it.

 

Of course, the younger completely misread his stunned gaze and started to panic.

 

“Please don’t hate-“ The brunette started frantically tears pouring down his cheeks.

 

The older stopped the words, pressing his plump lips to the other’s.

 

“Baby, none of this is your fault. I’m sorry about Junsu, I’ll make sure that you’ll never have to go near him ever again.” The sapphire blue haired dancer promised placing a kiss on his nose.

 

“It’s not that...” Donghae murmured softly.

 

“Donghae you don’t have to hide anything from me.” The older prodded him gently.

 

“I don’t like the way Junsu’s treating you, Hyuk.” The brunette mumbled not meeting his boyfriend’s eyes.

 

“What?” Hyukjae asked surprised.

 

“He always insults you too, even though you just completely ignore it.” Donghae protested weakly, telling the blue haired male what had really been bothering him all these years. “That time you aced a the competition choreo and got the solo for regionals back in dance club, he called you a show off and made fun of you when he should’ve been congratulating you!”

 

“And when you received the highest marks in class, he called you a know it all in front of everyone and even though you laughed it off, I know you were hurt by it!”

 

“And he always insults you and calls you an ape even though you’re the most handsome perfect human being I’ve seen. It hurts me to see you become self conscious because of it!”

 

“And Junsu Hyung’s so aggressive with your friends, and he makes you choose between them and tries to stir up trouble because he knows that everyone likes you better.”

 

“And he hates me because I make you happy.”

 

Donghae finished panting, slightly out of breath then proceeded to bury his face in his dazed boyfriend’s shoulder not wanting to see his reaction when he came to his senses.

 

Hyukjae finally got a hold of himself, hugging his lover tighter when he heard the soft sniffles against his neck.

 

“Oh Hae!” He exclaimed placing a loud smooch on Donghae’s cheek. “I’ve told you before that the whole friendship thing between me and Junsu was forced by our parents. I just hung out with him to make my mother happy, because as soon as we end the so called best friend title, we’ll be at each other’s throats. That’s the only thing that’s stoping us from fighting. And I don’t care that he treats me badly, Hae. Do you know why? It’s because I have you!”

 

A pair of selfless teary orbs stared at him in confusion.

 

“Donghae who gave me a strawberry milk as a present when I got that solo? Who congratulated me first when I reached the highest rank each semester? Who repeatedly told me that I was good looking and that I should never listen to anyone who tells me otherwise? Who’s the one person who I know will stand by me even if all my friends abandon me? Whose the one I love? It’s you, Donghae. It’s always been you!”

 

Hyukjae gazed into his boyfriend’s eyes earnestly leaning forward slightly to press a deep kiss against the thin lips that he loved so much. 

 

“It don’t care Hae. I don’t care because I have you.”

 

Donghae finally smiled, wrapping his arms around the blue haired dancer’s neck, leaning in for another insistent kiss.

 

“I love you so much Hyukkie.” He murmured against his boyfriend’s lips. 

 

“I love you too Hae.” Hyukjae showed the younger his infamous gummy smile. “Please don’t scare me like that again. If you want to ever go to a nightclub, let me come with you ok? I don’t want any erts going anywhere near my baby.”

 

The brunette nodded giggling as the other displayed his jealousy so clearly.

 

“And Donghae? You have nothing to worry about at college. You’re practically Leeteuk Hyung’s and Heechul Hyung’s adopted shared son! That’s the student body president and the campus’s diva! The people will bow down to you when they realize that you can control both of them with just your puppy dog eyes and adorable pout!” The sapphire haired dancer said gently. “Also if you ever have something that’s worrying you, and there’s no way you can tell me, please go to Teukie hyung instead of Heechul Hyung. I think I just lost ten years of my life today!”

 

Donghae bursted our laughing at the serious yet animated tone of the older.

 

“I will, I promise.” He vowed faithfully.

 

“I love you baby.” Hyukjae whispered grinning happily.

 

The brunette kissed his boyfriend’s lips eagerly. 

 

“Love you too Hyuk.”

 

“Come on, let’s sleep. It’s been a long day and you’re going to be a grumpy baby with a killer hangover tomorrow.” Hyukjae said as they both lied back down on the bed.

 

Donghae pouted with a childish twinkle in his eye, immediately clinging onto Hyukjae, snuggling against his chest, as the older wrapped his arms around his waist possessively.

 

“Oh Hyukkie... I met this nice friend who taught me a new dance at the nightclub...” Donghae said yawning tiredly, almost half asleep.

 

The older tightened his grip on the brunette as Donghae rubbed his nose against the other’s chest sleepily.

 

“New dance?” Hyukjae asked warily hoping that his innocent baby hadn’t been corrupted by the strangers in the club.

 

Why the hell did Heechul leave him there alone in the first place?

 

“Mmm hmmm... maybe I should get one of those... shiny metal poles fixed in your room too Hyukkie... so I can practice here...” Donghae mumbled partially asleep.

 

Hyukjae froze.

 

Did he just say-

 

“Metal poles?” The sapphire blue haired man questioned weakly. “What sort of dancing did you learn Donghae?”

 

The boy in his arms was oblivious to the emotions raging in his boyfriend’s mind.

 

“She called it pole dancing.” Donghae muttered obliviously, snuggling closer drifting off into dreamland.

 

Hyukjae remained rigidly in his embrace; his eyes snapping open as he trained to block the onslaught of proactive mental images that flooded into his head, all with his boyfriend in pretty compromising positions. The dancer finally managed to calmed down after a couple of shaky breaths.

 

He looked at Donghae, who was sleeping peacefully without a care in the world, wrapped in the protective embrace of his lover. 

 

Hyukjae sighed in fond exasperation, placing a soft kiss on Donghae’s forehead.

 

“You’re going to be the death of me one day, Donghae.” He murmured lovingly. “You’re lucky I love you so much baby.”

 

•••

 

“Did you know that my hair is soft and fluffy? Like teddy bears and cotton candy apparently!”

 

Hangeng asked as he walked into the private booth at Sapphire Blue Ocean, in the late hours of the night, wearing his trademark black leather jacket and eyeliner, his Cheshire Cat grin evident as he took a seat across from the man waiting for him on the sofa.

 

Kim Heechul bursted our laughing.

 

“Looks like you’ve become fond of our baby Hae.” Heechul announces smugly. “Not really surprised, that boy can charm anyone he wants to. Welcome to the Donghae protection squad!”

 

Hangeng smiled at the other’s apparent fondness towards the cute boy.

 

“I’m not sure whether to should be proud or pissed off that the anchovy actually fell for it. I mean did he really think that I was going to leave my baby Hae all alone in a nightclub to fend for himself?” Heechul asked, addressing no one in particular.

 

Just then Heechul’s phone, which was on the table lit up, indicating an incoming call. The Chinese man scowled slightly as he saw the name of the caller.

 

“How come you two get along nowadays? You used to hate each other.” He asked grimacing in distaste. 

 

“There’s no need to be jealous Hannie.” Heechul replied chuckling softly. “He and I just share a common opinion about the wellbeing of a certain pure little baby.”

 

Heechul picked up the phone, answering it.

 

“Universal Super Star speaking!” He said smirking.

 

“Yah Kim Heechul! Care to explain why my boyfriend saw you arrive at a freaking nightclub with someone matching the exact description of Lee Donghae?! What the hell did you do to my innocent child?!” Leeteuk growled from the other end.

 

Heechul paled at record speed, gulping slightly.

 

“Jungsoo-ya I can explain-“

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

The End

 

Quite literally in the case of once almighty Kim Heechul.

 

•••

 

Author's note

 

Haha lol! In the end Hanchul, Kangteuk and Yewook just appeared out of the blue!

 

So about Junsu’s deal: As I’ve mentioned Junsu and Hyuk has been friends because of their parents but instead of forming a genuine friendship they became rivals, envying each other’s success and just kept the “best friends title”. But Hyuk it the feud go when he met Hae, because Hae changed him to be a better person.

 

This left Junsu being jealous of Hyuk’s talents, achievements, friends and love life. (I didn’t explain this too explicitly in the story because I wanted to direct the blame towards their parents more than Junsu.)

 

I owe a massive apology to TVXQ. I keep making them the villains in my stories .. I just know them enough to know what they’re like with the SJ members but not well enough to feel bad about making them the antagonists. I have nothing against them personally (I literally can’t make the SJ members villains, hence Hangeng turning out to be a good person in the end.)

 

As for Hae, while he may seem childish and a total cutie when he’s drunk, his biggest worry was about how Junsu was treating his boyfriend, he didn’t care about what the other said about him!

 

And Hyuk of course wins the award for the best sweetest kindest boyfriend award of the year alongside Hae :)

 

I’ve worked so hard on this fanfic and left so many crumbs and tiny touches throughout story so I’ll share two of my favorite details to the readers that haven’t noticed it yet.

 

  • In Hyuk and Yesung’s conversation, if you remove Hyuk’s entire dialogue, you’ll be able to find a pretty legit tutorial on how to make a ham& bacon sandwich, curtesy of our dearest Yesung.
  • And if you payed attention at the start, the exact people who ignored Hae while he was mopping about depressed (Kibum, Kyuhyun, Donghwa etc) are the same ones that message Hyuk to go meet Hae. So they do care!

 

 

Hopefully no one’s too disappointed by the lengthy oneshot. I had  a massive headache after finishing writing this and I struggled so much with the plot, in the end I hope all the suffering was worth it!

 

Anyway thank you for reading!! 

 

Please feel free to comment you thoughts down below!

 

•••