THE PLAGUE NEXT DOOR - part 1

He Hates Me Not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

◇♡◇♡◇♡◇♡

 

Jaejoong's first attempt at gay ended painfully and he vowed to never yield his to another man again - but fate has decided to throw the very man responsible for his 'bottom trauma' back into his life.

 

◇♡◇♡◇♡◇♡◇♡

 

 

 

Jaejoong and his 16yr old cousin - Changmin were like spies from their frontyard as they watched the furniture being transferred from the truck into the next door neighbor's house. As Jaejoong wondered who their new neighbors were going to be, he saw a silver Bugatti's La Voiture Noire, pull into the driveway.

 

"Wow," Changmin whistled appreciatively at the sight. "What an amazing car."

 

Jaejoong wondered what that luxurious expensive car doing in their regular middle class neighborhood. He dared not take his eyes away from the car as a young boy, which Jaejoong guessed was same age as Changmin jumped out of the car. He walked into the driver's side and knocked on the window.

 

"Hey, Dad, are you going to get out or not?"

 

'Dad? Mmmm so our new neighbor is a family' Jaejoong thought. 

 

Finally, the driver's side door open and a man got out.

 

"Tsk, what was that old man thinking." The man removed his shades then ran a hand through his dark brown hair. He grimaced while looking around him. The houses looked like they were right from a production line, they all looked amazingly manufactured. Each built the same - two storey bungalow style with one garage and some distinguished by their coloring. They had all picket fences, neatly cut lawns and mailboxes. "It's not a bad looking neighborhood, but it's not as fancy as our place."

 

Jaejoong stiffened and his breath caught in his throat as he recognized the man.

 

"Hyung," Changmin nudged Jaejoong. "Do you always undress a man with your eyes? You were so obvious I thought your tongue was going to drop from your mouth."

 

"," Jaejoong whispered, trying to recover some sense of control. "Let's get out of here." He said quickly, grabbing Changmin's arm and pulling him toward the door.

 

"What?" Changmin asked in confusion. "Let me stay for a bit....."

 

"Let's go or I'll cut down your allowances."

 

Without a second thought, Changmin quickly walked past Jaejoong, "Hyung hurry up! You walk too slow!"

 

Jaejoong gave a quick glance over his shoulder, just to make sure that the man didn't notice him before scurrying inside the house.

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

"Dad, why don't we invite our next door neighbor for a dinner tomorrow night," Kibum suggested. "To give us a chance to get acquainted with them."

 

"Sure why not," Yunho replied as he surveyed the house. "Let's open the Dom Perignon champagne that we brought."

 

"I'll cook dinner tomorrow," Kibum excitedly said with a big smile plastered on his face. Moving to a new neighborhood is never easy; new school, new environment and Kibum couldn't wait to make new friends. Kibum opened one of the boxes in the living room and carried the items to the kitchen.

 

Yunho scanned the small living room with kitchen on the left side and small bath on the right. It only took less than a minute before he climbed the stairs to the second floor. Upstairs there were two bed rooms - one small room and the master bed room. Yunho walked inside the master bedroom, and opened the window to allow a nice breeze inside. Instantly, he noticed that his window was opposite to his next door neighbor's window.

 

"I hope and pray I won't witness any expletive actions from my neighbor." Yunho shuddered with the disgust at the thought of it. He crossed his arms on his chest then he leant against the wall and slowly exhaled. Looking back, he recalled the reason why he was in this ed up situation.

 

~

 

Jung Yunho was what you would call a professional dater. In other words, he was not too keen on settling down. He doesn't really think that he ever will... maybe, there's someone, but ... it's complicated.

 

Since it is complicated, he just kinda date. That and the fact that his parents were rushing him to settle down when he doesn't really want to. They want grandbabies but Yunho wasn't ready for all that. So, in order to appease his parents, he went on these random blind dates that they arrange for him. He had never tried to hide his uality to his parents, so they either set a date with their family friend's daughter or son. Yunho's life was going smoothly until his father visited his office early in the morning and dropped the bomb on his head...

 

"You're turning 33 next month. It's time for you to settle down with someone."

 

Yunho sighed, and continued signing the documents on his table. "This again?"

 

"Have you heard of Go Ara? Her farther is one of our business partners..."

 

"Dad," Yunho cut his father off with a wave of his hand. "I'm not interested in marriage right now, that's all."

 

"Listen Jung Yunho. I will give you two choices. Marry Ara or I'll kick you out of our company. And when I said kicking out, it means, you also need to leave your luxurious mansion. That belongs to our company as well."

 

Yunho looked at his father in disbelief. "Dad, that is so unfair. That mansion doesn't belong to the Jung conglomerate. I inherited it from grandpa."

 

"But your grandpa also agreed and he was the one who told me to kick you out of that mansion."

 

"This is pure blackmail." Yunho whispered, now starting to sound a little pissed off.

 

But, Mr. Jung ignored his son and pulled up his 'I'm-your- father-I-know-what-is-best-for-you' face. "Me and your grandfather agreed that if ever you refused marrying Ara, we will give you one month to find someone for you to marry." Mr. Jung continued, a mischievous smile on his face. "But if you fail, you can still work in our company, but not as a CEO, you're gonna work as a normal employee and we're going to transfer all your inheritance to your dear cousin, Choi Siwon."

 

~

 

"What are you going to do Daddy?"

 

Kibum's voice snapped Yunho out of his reverie.

 

"I don't know," Yunho replied as he turned around and stared at Kibum. Time flies so fast. Fifteen years ago this kid was so little and cute. Kibum had moved in with the Jung family when he was merely 2 years old after his mother and his father - Mr. Jung's secretary - had been tragically killed in a car accident. Mr. Jung adopted Kibum, and when Kibum saw the then 18 year old Yunho for the first time, he began to call him daddy. And after 15 years, Yunho was now used to that name and found it somehow endearing.

 

"I know that I'm not going to marry that Go Ara, and I'm not letting my inheritance be transferred to Choi ing Siwon."

 

"You will if you're not married within the next 30 days." Kibum pointed out, moving over next to Yunho and stared outside the window.

 

"I can't believe Dad and grandpa would put me in such a situation."

 

"I wasn't surprised."

 

"Of course you weren't," Yunho knocked Kibum on his forehead. "Your were there when they plotting against me. You knew about this before I did."

 

"Yes, I did," Kibum pouted, rubbing his forehead. "But my respect to those old men wouldn't allow me to tell you about it."

 

Yunho sighed. "This will ruin my life."

 

"I don't think those old men were trying to ruin your life," Kibum chuckled. "I think they were trying to get you to take your life more seriously and to settle down."

 

"By forcing me to get married?"

 

"You don't have to get married," Kibum countered. "You could allow the money to go to Siwon hyung."

 

"There's no way I'm going to allow my inheritance to go to that casanova lazy bum." Yunho said looking at Kibum, as if he'd lost his mind. And just then, Yunho's cell phone rung. He looked at his screen and saw that it was Go Ara calling. Against his better judgment, he answered the phone.

 

"Hello," Yunho greeted, his tone flat and not hiding the fact that he didn't want to talk to Ara.

 

"Hello, hubby," Ara chimed with her cocky and confident voice, "Are you heading back home soon? Everyone is preparing for our wedding day that's only 30 days away. When can we expect the groom home?" she giggled.

 

"I'll be home soon," Yunho replied, "...but we won't be getting married."

 

"We will be getting married Jung Yunho," Ara said, her voice showing her determination to have Yunho as her husband. "I can't see you letting your money go to a certain Choi Siwon."

 

"The money's not going to that because I'm already married," Yunho lied tired of her cocky attitude.

 

"YOU'RE WHAT?!" Ara screamed.

 

"I'm married," Yunho repeated. "So you, Dad and grandpa can stop with your wedding plans because the wedding has already taken place."

 

"Whom did you marry?" Ara hissed in demand.

 

"Hello... Hello.. Our connection seems to be failing!" Yunho shouted into the pone holding it away from his ear.

 

"What is the woman's name?!" Ara shouted.

 

"I can't hear you! I'll talk to you when I return home!" Yunho screamed. "The connection seems to b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter