chap one

Open Your Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Morning’s were easy for the minju and chaewon. They have both settled into routines where no matter what day it was, they would share breakfast together. Since chaewon had earlier classes, she would wake up first and cook something light for the both of them to share. On this particular morning, it was the same routine that they have always shared. Chaewon got up around 7am and quietly walked out of her and minju’s shared room. Since they were both college students, they decided getting a one-bedroom apartment was the smarter financial choice for the both of them. They had been sharing a bed since before they could remember, so this was an easy choice for them, comfortable even.

Chaewon sleepily made her way to the washroom and started to do her morning routine. She was in the middle of brushing her teeth when she heard a slight bang coming from inside the room. With her toothbrush still in she quickly made her way back to the room, only to see minju cradling her arm. Chaewon raised her eyebrow in question but all minju could do was pout and point to her arm. Chaewon held up her finger to say 1 second and walked back to the washroom to finish brushing her teeth. She could only shake her head as she was walking to the fridge to grab a cooled gel pack for minju to put on her arm.

“Min I think we need to talk about how you manage to always hurt yourself in the morning.” Chaewon raised an eyebrow and slightly smiled while handing her the gel pack.

Minju took the gel pack and scowled at the short haired girl and said, “It’s not every morning don’t be dramatic!”

“Alright if you say so!” Chaewon laughed and followed up with, “So, toast this morning? Or just eggs?”

“Toast please.” Minju smiled with a thumbs up. Chaewon nodded and stepped out of their room to the kitchen to get started on their breakfast. She started by cracking the eggs, chopping cabbage, carrots and green onions. Once that was all mixed she toasted the bread in butter and started to cook the eggs and made them into squares. Just as she was finishing the dish with ketchup minju made her way into the kitchen and wrapped her arms around the smaller girl. Chaewon looked at the girl and could only smile.

“Did you steal my hoodie again?” Chaewon asked while putting the toast on the plate.

“Don’t blame me, blame your hoodie for being softer than mine.” Minju shrugged and picked up the toast to start eating.

“We literally have the same hoodie but ok.” Chaewon grumbled before taking a seat and eating her toast. The two of the them silently ate. Chaewon opened her biochemistry textbook and started to read the content they were going to review in class today. Minju propped her chin on her hand while mindlessly eating the toast. Minju thinks that having chaewon in her life is probably the best thing to ever happen to her. Her daydreaming interrupted by chaewon’s phone vibrating. Chaewon quickly checked and looked at the time and realized it was already 8:15 and she needed to go to class before she was late.

“Yena just texted that she’s outside, are you going to come or are you going to sleep some more?” Chaewon asked the girl.

“You go first, I’m going to leave later at like 10. You finish classes around 3 right? I’ll just see you after classes.” Minju asked and Chaewon nodded as her response.

 

That’s always how their mornings went.

 

 

            “Sometimes I wonder why you decided to take anatomy as your elective.” Chaewon shook her head as she walked towards class with yena.

            “You’re the best student I know, I knew this class was going to be an easy one if you also took it.” Yena shrugged and yawned.

            “Or you could always study you know.” Chaewon rolled her eyes and took her seat.

            “That’s stupid why would you even suggest that.” Yena scoffed and pulled out her phone and opened up pubg. Chaewon could on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter