Final

When the Sun and the Moon Meets Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Plot: Mortal enemies, the queen of the sun and the goddess of the moon compete in standing on the centre of the universe to provide the brightest light. One day the queen of the sun fell in love with the calmness of the moon but the moon was promised to be with the morning star. There was a rumour that the sun and the moon fell in love but the sun felt betrayed by the closeness of the morning star against the moon hence, the sun swore she will never meet the moon again until her feelings were reborn when the eclipse happened.

Characters: Tiffany is the goddess of the moon and Taeyeon is the queen of the sun.

 

When the Sun and the Moon Meets Again

Begin.

“My favourite love story is how the Sun loved the Moon so much that the Sun died every night to let the Moon breathe,” ~ Welp, happens this story is a crack. The sun hated the stillness of the moon and back and the moon became allergic to the sun by thinking the sun is sticky and itchy.

The duty of standing at the centre of the universe to provide light on the planets was the duty of the goddess of the moon. Not until the proud queen of the Sun entered the scene and produced the brightest lights that everyone loved and the light of the moon was outshined.

The bright lights of the fiery queen of the sun are so powerful that it produced so much life and energy from the ground. Every day, people gathered together to worship the queen of the sun. Everybody loves her warmth. In contrast with the coldness of the goddess of the moon. The once solely being that produced light over the grounds was seen as darkness. People hid in their houses when she rose at the centre of the universe, thus, the beautiful face of the moon goddess was no longer admired and seen by many.

 

I. Blue Moon.

People felt alive by daylight and fell asleep at night time. The duty of the queen of the sun is almost over as the sun was seen setting. It’s time for the moon to step on the pedestal and hold the torchlight.

“Hello, darkness my old friend.” The queen of the sun greeted the goddess of the moon with a smug smirk.

In the queen of the sun’s perspective, the goddess of the moon is always gloomy, weird and talks so rarely. She’s always seen with the morning star or Venus as we called but other than that, she’s a loner. The goddess of the moon glared at her as she stole the torch on the queen of the sun.

“Now, no need to be so harsh. We haven't been introduced properly. Your name is Miyoung, right?” the queen of the sun asked, “My name is Taeyeon, I am the queen of the sun and everybody loves me.” she bashfully said while the goddess of the moon huffed in annoyance and ignored the latter’s presence.

In Miyoung’s perspective, the queen of the sun annoys her to death. Not only she stole everything away from her but Taeyeon is so bright it hurts her eyes to see her, her energy is a nuisance, the queen is surely loud as she complains a lot. The queen that is bashful and cocky,

“Are you mute?!” Taeyeon was irked by the silence of the moon goddess.

To add on Miyoung’s list, the queen of the sun is hot-headed and angry 24/7. She could see the fiery red aura that the queen exudes but what she failed to see was how her own silver aura softens the gaze of the queen of the sun and calms her down.

‘There’s something about the moon that calms me down.’ Taeyeon thought she saw the goddess of the moon finally paid attention towards her and it made her smile.

“Your rest time is my work time so scram.” Miyoung briefly dismissed her as she focused on her duty. Taeyeon noticed something different from the goddess of the moon, “You’re turning blue.” she said.

“There’s something about the atmosphere that makes me sick, maybe it’s the fact that the sun is already set and you’re still here.” Miyoung sneezed and her hold on the torchlight almost slipped.

“Blue moon?”

It’s a phenomenon that the queen of the sun rarely sees. The goddess of the moon didn’t bother giving her a reply but that intrigued the queen of the sun more.

“You don’t look so bad in blue.” the queen of the sun told the goddess of the moon as she retreated back to her royal castle.

“It would be great if you didn’t come.” the goddess of the moon told herself as she felt bitter emotions passed inside her.

‘Nobody likes the moon.’ Miyoung gently weeps as she sees no one on the ground come to watch her.

The goddess of the moon craved to be seen. She wants the people to adore the midnight sky and love it like they love watching the sunrise.

***

II. Summer Solstice.

It didn’t help Miyoung to feel better when the Summer solstice came. That means, The queen of the sun will hold the torchlight much longer than the goddess of the moon. She watched as everybody on the ground adored the light of the sun. They were smiling brightly in contrast with the sadness in their eyes when the moon appeared.

“I am the centre of the universe.” Taeyeon declared as she noticed the goddess of the moon watching her. The goddess of the moon rolled her eyes. ‘How haughty this queen of the sun could be?!’

“Not after the night comes.” the goddess of the moon threw her an intense icy glare.

Taeyeon snickered a laugh, “Your favourite season must be winter, you're frozen cold.”

“Yours must be summer, you're hot and itchy.” Miyoung flatly commented.

“At least I'm scorching hot.” The queen of the sun conceitedly proclaimed and gave Miyoung a suggestive wink.

‘Ha, the audacity!’ The goddess of the moon breathed heavily to calm herself.

“I'm the coolest anyway.” she exclaimed.

What surprised Miyoung was how the queen of the sun didn’t contradict her statement.

“Yeah, you’re the coolest,” Taeyeon sincerely told her, “You better get used to my beauty, I will hold this torchlight a little longer.” and the proud queen was back.

“Don’t worry, the equinox is coming soon.”

Miyoung hated the queen’s guts. Little did she know, the queen of the sun had a secret: she admired the goddess of the moon.

***

III. Autumn Equinox. 

Equinox means equal daylight and midnight for the moon and sun. The sun and the moon have to hold the torchlight equally for 12 hours. The queen of the sun was looking at the goddess of the moon in secret. She recognized the needs and the wants of Miyoung despite the mysterious aura she exudes. 

Taeyeon wanted to be friends with the goddess of the moon but she was too cold to be touched. They were opposite souls bound not to meet and yet the twist of fate made them meet each other. 

“Everybody loves me, so why can’t the moon love me back?” she asked the universe and she hopes she gets her answer soon.

As the leaves fall in Autumn, the queen of the sun was also falling for the goddess of the moon.

***

IV. Winter Solstice.

In the month of December, rare things happen. The goddess of the moon dressed to impress. Her coldness reached all the parts of the ground and her dim light was longer seen than the daylight. The moon’s energy affects the mood of the people during these days. Thus, people rest longer than they should.

“So, do you enjoy frosting the grou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter