Prologue: Where Memories End and Begin

Darker Than Blood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s all over their bodies.

 

The metallic scent of the red liquid that has gushed out of his parents attacked his nose. He should run, but fear kept him rooted to the spot. Even when the woman who had ripped his parents’ throats looked at him, his body failed to cooperate with his thoughts to flee.

 

The woman started advancing towards him slowly. Excruciatingly slow. Like she’s taking her time because she’s certain he won’t be able to go anywhere. And maybe she’s right. Even he himself knows that he can run, but it will be a wasted effort.

 

He wanted to close his eyes, but his gaze remained on the woman who’s inching her way to where he’s standing. A gruesome smile tugged on her lips, blood dripping from the corners. Her fangs are elongated and just when he thought they would be sinking down his throat, a quick movement made its way towards them.

 

Snap!

 

Everything happened in a blur. One moment, he was pretty sure he’d end up just like his parents; the next moment, a guy was standing in front of him, putting a cloak over his shivering body. The guy was speaking, but he couldn’t make out the words he was saying. But, for some reason, his voice seems soothing. Like a lullaby.

 

The next thing he knew, the guy and him were standing in front of a door. A series of knocks was made, and a man opened the door for them. The man seemed to be in his mid-20s.

 

“Hi, K

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter