The Past (Part 3: Salvation)

Love Anew
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi, guys! Here’s the third and final part of the chapters/flashbacks for the past, “Salvation”! :D

Kyuhyun’s initial reaction to the pregnancy announcement was, of course, denial. He denied that the baby was his. No matter what the woman insisted, Kyuhyun maintained that the baby in her womb was fathered by someone else. After all, Kyuhyun barely knew anything about the woman. For all he knew, she could have been sleeping with another man. Or maybe even multiple other men.

She had no proof that he was the baby’s father. There was no proof at all.

Kyuhyun was positive that she was just using her baby with another man to permanently sink her claws into Kyuhyun, like what she had been trying to do ever since the start.

But she kept insisting that the baby was his and that he needed to take responsibility for it.

Kyuhyun informed his family of the situation, and he was even more horrified by his parents’ reaction. They actually wanted him to marry the woman! They thought that Kyuhyun was at the right age to get married and have children—to start a proper family—and that this was a good opportunity for him to do so. On hindsight, Kyuhyun should have expected such a reaction from his parents. They never really approved of his relationship with Yesung. While they had accepted the relationship and had always been polite to Yesung, Kyuhyun and Yesung had both known that Kyuhyun’s parents had always thought that Kyuhyun would have been better off starting a family with a woman.

Kyuhyun felt more than a little betrayed when his parents sided with the woman. He didn’t really know her, and his parents knew her even less, but they still took her side and insisted that Kyuhyun marry her.

Kyuhyun flat out refused. He wasn’t going to marry the woman when the baby probably wasn’t even his!

In the end, everyone agreed to wait until a paternity test could be done once the baby was born. No drastic and permanent decisions would be made until then.

While no drastic decisions were made in terms of Kyuhyun’s relationship with the woman (and the baby), there were already drastic changes in his life just upon the woman’s unfounded claims that he was the father. 

Kyuhyun’s group of friends (well, ex group of friends, since they no longer considered him as a friend) found out that the woman with whom he cheated on Yesung was now pregnant, and more chaos ensued. Kyuhyun’s parents were so excited about the prospect of having a grandchild, and they talked about it to everyone, so the news quickly spread. And Kyuhyun had to deal with his ex-friends yelling at him even more. They became more furious with Kyuhyun. The baby’s paternity wasn’t certain yet at this point, but they were already convinced that it was indeed Kyuhyun’s, and their anger and disgust with Kyuhyun only increased even more. As if it wasn’t bad enough that he already cheated—he also even got the woman pregnant when he cheated that night!

But worst of all for Kyuhyun was hearing about Yesung’s reaction to this news. Of course, Kyuhyun didn’t have any contact with Yesung anymore at this point, but when their friends verbally assaulted Kyuhyun for knocking up the woman, they also told him about how the news had affected Yesung. To rub into Kyuhyun’s face how much more he hurt Yesung. Apparently, Yesung became lethargic for days after he heard that the woman was now pregnant. Yesung wouldn’t eat, wouldn’t sleep, and wouldn’t even say word to anyone. Then, after days of this, he finally broke down and cried his heart out.

Hearing about Yesung’s reaction hurt Kyuhyun the most.

What on earth had he done?

Throughout the months of the pregnancy, he hoped and prayed nonstop that it would turn out that the baby wasn’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter