Fated Meeting

Love Anew
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi, guys! Here's my newest story! I have to say that I became quite excited when the idea for this story came into my mind. :D

I hope that you guys like it! :)

Yesung hummed cheerfully as he walked down the street. It was a bright, sunny day, with some fluffy, white clouds scattered across the blue sky. There was a gentle breeze that ruffled Yesung’s hair and made the tree leaves flutter. All around him was the usual, energetic hustle and bustle of the city. The atmosphere put him in a very good mood.

He had no idea that today would be another drastic turning point in his life.

Yesung’s eyes brightened as his destination finally came into view: the post office. He was carrying a large box in his arms. It was full of new books, games, and sports paraphernalia. It was his younger brother’s birthday in a few days. However, they lived in different cities, and since Yesung was busy with his café in this city while his brother caught up with work in the other city, they unfortunately wouldn’t be able to meet up for the occasion. So, Yesung was now about to send him a ton of gifts to somewhat make up for it.

As Yesung approached the post office building, he noticed a little girl standing nearby. She was pouting, a slightly worried expression on her face. Her eyes were looking around everywhere. 

Yesung thought that it was a bit odd. Why was such a young child all alone in one of the busiest parts of the city? Perhaps her parent or guardian had to do an errand at a store nearby and made her wait there? Yesung thought that it was highly irresponsible of the parent or guardian; didn’t they know that it was so dangerous to leave the child all by herself?

As Yesung walked up the steps of the post office, he glanced back at the little girl. He hoped that her parent or guardian would get back to her soon.

Yesung took much, much longer at the post office than he had anticipated. The post office was way more crowded the usual. The lengths of the lines were more appropriate for concert ticket sales. At one point, Yesung was half-minded to just leave, but he really needed to send his package for his brother, so he just it up and continued to wait.

It was a relief when he was finally got out of the post office. The air outside was refreshing after being stuck inside the overcrowded, hot, stifling post office. But then, Yesung spotted a small figure, and he froze.

The little girl was still there.     

She was still standing near the bottom of the post office building’s stairs. Yesung had been inside for over an hour, yet the child was still there! Still standing on her little legs and still all by herself!

As Yesung quickly walked down the steps, an awful thought came into his mind.

She hadn’t actually been abandoned, had she?

Yesung approached the child. Upon closer inspection, she looked quite well-cared for. She was wearing a nice, pink sweater with denim jeans. Her sneakers were also pink and quite glittery and sparkly. Her straight hair, which reached the middle of her back, was neat, with a couple of hair clips (pink as well) keeping her hair from her face. She looked healthy, and her cheeks were chubby.

Her appearance somewhat eased Yesung’s fears that she was just simply neglected and abandoned.

But he still didn’t understand why she was all by herself for so long.

“Hello, there,” he said to her in a quiet, friendly voice. 

The child looked up at him with a wary expression, and she automatically took a few steps back, moving away a bit from Yesung.

Yesung gave her a warm smile to hopefully reassure her that he didn’t mean her any harm.

“Hi, kiddo. What are you doing here by yourself?”

The child didn’t respond. She just continued to warily look at him.

Yesung tried again. “What’s your name?”

This time, the little girl answered. However, her tone was a bit blunt and flat when she replied to this unknown person who had suddenly just started talking to her.

“Daddy says that I shouldn’t talk to strangers. Daddy says that I shouldn’t just give my name to anyone.”

“And your daddy’s quite right,” Yesung agreed. “But where is your daddy now? Why aren’t you with him?”

At these questions, the little girl’s bottom lip trembled, and her eyes became watery.

Uh-oh. Yesung quickly crouched down in front of her. “Hey, don’t cry,” he said gently. “Why don’t you tell me what happened? Maybe I can help. Are you lost? Did you get separated from your daddy?”

Apart from the watery eyes, the little girl now had a sheepish, guilty expression on her face. “Daddy went in line to buy some food for us. He told me to sit and wait at the table that he got for us. A band parade passed by. It was noisy and interesting, and I went for a closer look and followed it a bit. But I couldn’t find my way back to Daddy.”

Yesung sighed. Oh, dear. The little girl was indeed lost.

“Do you know the name of the place where you were at last with your dad?”

She shook her head.

“Well, do you at least know the general direction of where you came from when you first started following the parade?”

Another shake of the little girl’s head.

Yesung sighed again. This was complicated.

“I want my daddy,” the little girl whimpered.

Now that Yesung was crouching in front of her and was at eye-level with her, he got a closer look at her watery eyes. Her large, doe-like brown eyes. Yesung’s heart suddenly ached as the child’s eyes reminded him of the past…

He shook his head to clear it from past memories. Now wasn’t the time for him to get all morose and mopey. He had to concentrate on helpi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter