fin.

colors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

dull

dull would probably be the word she would use to describe things. 

yes, dull would it be. 

it still confuses her at times though. is this what it feels to have constant headaches? it seemed that everything was swaying within her sight, blending it to create different palattes that she can't describe.

would she soon see complete darkness?

she faced her mother as she watched her silhoutte talk with the doctor. their voices was being shut off with the thoughts of soon becoming permanently blind. 

she closed her eyes and imagined. 

if this is what it would feel like, she'd rather be it sooner rather than later. 

---

"are you really sure you would want to continue studying?" she could hear the concern and nervousness her mother tried to hide in her voice. she smiled gently, showing that it didn't matter to her. 

"i've always wanted to be a graduate ma." her eyes trained to her plate as she saw the unappetizing gray meal she had always seen for her whole childhood.

though she hasn't stopped thinking about what colors it would actually have.

"ma what's rice's color?" she asked, continuing to scrape the fork on her plate.

"it's white." her mother deadpanned, and she faced at her with an unamused expression. 

"i think you forgot i'm partially blind?" 

and even though with her very blurry vision, she could see the little smile her mother wore. 

"i'm sorry honey..." she trailed off. joohyun just nodded, she couldn't do anything with it anyways.

she just wished she remembered what colors looked like.

---

she looked ahead, delving on to the peace that surrounded the house. she gently placed her hand on to her sketchbook, caressing it like it was an expensive porcelain. she hasn't touched it for years, and it felt different. 

the ridges ran across the expanse of the paper and created different textures to pop up in joohyun's mind.

growing frustrated with how many textures resurfaced on her mind without any colors, she threw the sketchbook as far as she can, and cringed when she heard it displace a few things. 

she threw her head back and just watched the shadow of the ceiling fan turn around. she smiled as it somehow hypnotizes her.

to her surprise, she felt her cheeks get wet.

do tears have colors?

---

all she could hear was noise, rowdy, chaotic noise. she didn't open her eyes because she was afraid that it might attract attention. 

with her clumsy , it resulted to her tumbling into someone. 

"are you okay?" 

honey seemed to drip down her ears as the stranger asked. she opened her eyes just to see a silhouette.

of course, what would you expect joohyun?

she shook her head and properly stood up. she dusted herself but she could still feel the stranger's eyes on her. 

usually, eyes don't bug her. who wouldn't look at a freak like her? but she was surprised when the stranger spurted out. 

"you're beautiful."

"excuse me?" the confusion was evident in her voice. she fixed the books on her hand as she gauged in her head if whatever this stranger was saying is true.

"i said you're beautiful, what's your name?"

"wendy!" she heard someone shout, she didn't know from where. 

"talks to you again pretty stranger!" was what the last thing she heard from this wendy stranger.

strange, joohyun thought. but the blush on her cheeks never ceased as she continued to replay the scene on her head.

---

"hey." 

joohyun's eyes perked up, that was the wendy stranger's voice. she didn't look up, afraid that she might look dumb trying to look for wendy. she heard some rustling before she felt a presence on her side. instinctively, she shrunk down to her seat, afraid that the person would like what brandon did just yesterday. 

"hey pretty stranger."

joohyun faced to her side, finally seeing a silhouette that looked like wendy.

"hello..." her voice remained quiet, she didn't want to seem excited.

"you can see me?" wendy asked, waving a hand to joohyun's face. the latter frowned and gripped her wrist.

"i'm not blind," she quipped, but frowned at the realization. "yet."

she didn't know why, but she could feel wendy's smile. she loosened her grip on her wrist before completely letting go. 

she feels warm, joohyun thought.

she shook her head to get rid of the thought before focusing on eating her food with difficulty.

they spent the lunch with the both of them being silent, surrounded by the unnecessary noise from the cafeteria.

"what's your name?" wendy had finally asked after the bell rung, and with all the student rushing to get to their classes.

joohyun thought of giving her real name at first, but decided against it.

"irene." 

she walked away, not really expecting for a reply from the stranger, but this wendy person is full of surprises.

"i really like your eyes."

taken aback, she staggered on her steps and faced wendy again. 

"what...wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter