Little Bonus!

In The Azure Skies.

A little bonus chapter with Seulrene. Not canon, but still fluffy.
It has no theme or idea, it's just soft. For the soul <3

 

 

ADRIFT

 

Bears were huge and intimidating with that big roar that echoed powerfully across the land and shook the foundation of the universe, its mighty paws stomping down the soil and claws ready to strike at any moment. Built with power, nature’s own colossal monster unable to be tamed, a wild creature of the forest and -- its brethrens, up north in the colder regions -- unshakeable and undisturbed. Then there was Kang Seulgi. She encapsulated the above mentioned, but something in her heart was tender and curious, like the world wasn’t there against her or to be frightened by her, but rather to be explored.

 

For Joohyun, this was eternally fascinating.

 

And so there Seulgi was, drifting so quietly and peacefully across the undisturbed lake. After watching the sea otters so peacefully drift, holding hands tightly, some with babies cuddled and nuzzled flat on their elders body. Observing so quietly, the bear tilted her head and mentioned it to the bunny, who had been too busy looking at the beautiful rocks that stood ashore.

 

When they drifted further and further, only wiggling here and there, the bear grinned wide and slipped into water. In no time, she mastered their technique. What a wonderful way to be afloat! It was like the bear was just lying quietly on a bed, on its back; she wasn’t sure she’s ever felt this comfortable. A fresh, cool temperature that caressed and relaxed the fluffy bear. The bunny, sitting safely at the very edge of the stable ground, watched the bear enjoying the beautiful weather. Sunny but not overly hot, breezy but not cold. It was the perfect day to enjoy a wash by the pond. But on the way there, they found something bigger than a pond! The gorgeous stream that leads to the forest and courses right to the middle of it. Just a few minutes passing into it, they found a clear and healthy lake. 

 

And so here they were.

 

“You’re not going to join, friend?” Bear-Seulgi asked, not moving an inch, still not fully understanding water and its magic to feel confident enough with any wiggling.

 

The bunny-Joohyun, far less confident than Seulgi, looked around and shook her head. “I don’t think I can do it.”

 

Seulgi pouted a little and summerged herself in the water for a second, emerging all soaked but still smiling wide. She swam closer. “You’re a natural, I believe you can do it.”

 

Joohyun smiled, there was no way that didn’t make her feel nice. Rubbing her head for a little bit, she figured she could try it. Unlike last time in the fountain, this time she knew Seulgi got her back.

 

Joohyun nodded, Seulgi nodded enthusiastically and went back to drifting on her back. Tentatively at first, Joohyun dipped and emerged just fine, letting her little feet paddle and keep her afloat. Looking down and beneath the surface she saw the gorgeous life of the sea, the tiny fishes wiggling and swimming away. Such a domain of such a terrifying force of nature for Joohyun. But… they looked so peaceful, so at home, like it didn’t bother them.

 

It had only occurred to Joohyun that for them, the water was like the sky was for the humans. Their kingdom was the water, while very few could travel and visit the outside world. It was strange to realize, but it made Joohyun understand them a little better.

 

Either way, she tried her darnest to waddle and get on her back, visibly struggling. Seulgi, compassionately, scooped her from the water and placed her on her flat, fluffy tummy. Safe and sound, like the otters were doing!

 

Joohyun was a bit confused before she realized she was on Seulgi. She looks around to see the water, the very slow waves moving and how she’s drifting. So simple, so slowly, so lulling.

 

“It’s okay, you want to try it again?” Seulgi said, looking at her with those lovely eyes and that lovely smile to accompany them.

 

Looking at the otters, Joohyun tilted her head. She watched the older otters fluff and hold the smaller ones close, blowing air into their fluffage. She didn’t know why they did it, but they just did. They just drift, quietly, no worries.

 

Rubbing her face, Joohyun hummed. “I think I will stay here for now.”

 

Seulgi’s smile was still big. “Ah, that’s just fine too. Sometimes, it takes us time to learn new things.”

 

With those soothing words, Joohyun smiled as well. Instead, she flopped on her side and rested, just feeling the moment and its quietness. Peace, and it didn’t need to be disturbed. She could learn any other time. For now, with the sky so gorgeous, the sun slowly beginning to descend, and the birds singing in the distance, she preferred to enjoy this. For a moment like this did not happen all the time.