part three of three

Favorite Spot

It has been three days since Dahyun met Mina. Her after-school schedule is automatically a meeting with the tall girl from the other side of town. They have exchanged a few information about each other. Dahyun found out that Mina has been doing ballet for eleven years, which surprised her a lot and felt a huge amount of amazement towards the latter. On the other hand, Mina found out that Dahyun is a member of their school's student council. There were even times when Dahyun arrives at the café later than usual due to some errands that she has to do regarding her position.

 

Dahyun also introduced her dog Ari, a maltese, to Mina. It feels weird for Dahyun to talk about her dog since she doesn't really mention about her dog to anyone. She doesn't even post pictures on social media that much. But since Mina often talks about her dog Ray, Dahyun had the feeling of sharing stuff about her pet as well.

 

Talking about their pets kept their conversation going on and on until they switch to a different topic. The two girls even found out that they both have older brothers.

 

As an introvert, this kind of feeling is brand new to Mina. She never would've thought that she'd discuss a lot of information about her to someone that she just met. Mina is not the type of person that starts a conversation with anyone; she just waits for someone to ask her something or she just waits for someone to talk to her about something.

 

But with Dahyun, it's different.

 

She's so curious and interested with what Dahyun has to say. Though Dahyun barely reveals much about her personal information such as her favorite movie, music or anything—Dahyun's energetic way of sharing her stories awakened Mina's interest. 

 

On Dahyun's side; she always chose to never reveal too much information about her. Except for the fact that she loves chocolates, she doesn't really talk about herself that much. She shared stories about her experiences with her friends and family to Mina so comfortably, she felt dumbfounded whenever she gets home. What's up with Mina? Why does she make Dahyun want to express more?

 

The feelings of the two girls were mutual. They both felt comfortable with each other and they get along so well. For them, it felt like they had been friends for years. Both of their tiredness from their stressful day at school automatically vanishes whenever they meet and exchange small talks.

 

Going back to the present; Dahyun was the first one to arrive at the café today. Mina usually gets there first and waits for Dahyun, but today was different. 

 

Dahyun has to run a few errands again by orders of the other student council officers. She thought that it might take her a while and she doesn't want to make Mina wait for her until the sun goes down. So what Dahyun did was; she went straight to the café after her last class ended and talked to Jeongyeon for a small favor, which the latter accepted, before heading back to the campus. Dahyun wasn't safe from all the teasing coming from Jeongyeon after telling her about the favor.

 

A few minutes later, Mina finally arrived; looking pretty as usual. Her outfit was simple: a black hoodie with a white t-shirt inside paired with skinny jeans. It was a casual look, but she still looked stunning. Jeongyeon even thought that she looked prettier than usual.

 

The café bell above the door rang when it opened, and Jeongyeon automatically smiled when she saw the girl that she was waiting for.

 

Mina walked towards rhe counter and told Jeongyeon her order, which was her favorite cold drink—the fruity watermelon. But right when she was about to pay for her order, Jeongyeon quickly turned around to prepare her drink, which was very weird for Mina. It was like Jeongyeon was ignoring her or something.

 

Mina scooted on the right side of the counter to wait for her order. It was a short wait since she only ordered a drink, nothing else. A few minutes passed, and Jeongyeon finally slides the tray with her drink right in front of her. Mina offered her the payment for her order, but Jeongyeon just smiled and shook her head. Mina tilted her head on the side due to confusion, and Jeongyeon's smile just grew wider.

 

"Just go to your usual seat then read the receipt" Jeongyeon finally spoke.

 

Mina's eyebrows went up and her head nodded slowly. 

 

She walked to her usual spot by the windows and proceeded on placing the tray with her drink on the table right after sitting on the tall wooden chair. It took her a while to realize that this was the first time that Jeongyeon served her drink with a tray. Since Mina's order is just a simple drink, Jeongyeon never placed it on a tray. Ever. She looked down and noticed that there was a piece of rose right beside the drink and the receipt. Mina looked back to Jeongyeon in confusion, her eyes asking 'what is this?'. Jeongyeon must've gotten the signal for she smile and eyed the folded receipt on the tray. 

 

Mina sat properly before grabbing the receipt. She unfolded it and what she saw was a quick note written by none other than the person that she was looking forward to meet everyday. She smiled as she read the note. 

 

"Hi Mina-chan!

I had to run some student council duties this afternoon, so I might get there late. As a small gesture, I paid for your order in advance. Or I might've paid more than what you ordered, so get anything that you want! ㅋㅋㅋ Also, I wanted to give you a rose because...just because!! ㅋㅋ I hope you like it tho! ^^

by the way, you don't have to wait for me because I might take a long time. I guess I'll see you tomorrow! ^^ take care!

 

- d."

 

~~~

 

It really took Dahyun a long time to finish her never ending errands as a student council member. She even got a few requests from some of their professors, she just couldn't say no to them so she did it all. 

 

After a tiring running to-and-fro the big campus, Dahyun finally called it a day. The sun has set and the surrounding is starting to get dark.

 

She wanted to go home and flop herself on her soft and comfortable bed back in the dorm, but she wanted to pay a quick stop by the café, lowkey hoping that Mina is still there waiting for her.

 

She was torn, though. She didn't want Mina to wait for her since she has to travel by train on her way back to her place. But at the same time, she was looking forward to seeing Mina sitting by their usual spot.

 

And to her surprise—with her heart beating fast due to her fast paced walking (or she was just too excited and nervous at the same time), she saw Mina by the window, looking down on her phone with the thin straw of her drink in between her lips.

 

Dahyun stopped her tracks and decided to not enter the café. Instead, she just stood a few meters away from the café itself, and waited for Mina to look outside. It took her a while to do so because she was too busy with her phone. But Dahyun didn't mind at all. She didn't mind to just stare at Mina's beauty from afar.

 

Mina finally looked up and their eyes met right after Mina looked around. A smile was painted on her face as she stood up quickly from her seat, grabbing her almost finished drink and the rose that she received from Dahyun. Mina got out of the café rather excitedly, and Dahyun never felt so excited as well.

 

"Hi" Mina said when she finally approached Dahyun.

 

The smaller girl smiled at the sight of Mina and the flower on her hand. "Hi", she answered back.

 

Mina waved the rose right in front of Dahyun's face with a very cute pout, melting the smaller girl's heart. "What is this?" she asked cutely.

 

"A flower" Dahyun answered playfully, earning a soft slap on her shoulder.

 

"I know, dummy." Mina rolled her eyes, but her smile never left her face. "I mean, what is this for?" she asked again.

 

Dahyun put both of her hands on each of her pants' pocket and shrugged cooly, trying her best to hide her nervousness. "Why did you wait for me? I said you don't have to" she said while looking away, watching the other students walk by.

 

"I wanted to say thank you properly" Mina answered.

 

Dahyun looked at her with her eyebrows lifted. "But you haven't said it yet" she joked, Mina smiled beautifully. Dahyun just wanted to be swallowed by the ground.

 

"Walk me to the train station, then I'll say it" Mina demanded with her own eyebrows lifted this time, but a subtle smile can still be seen on her face.

 

"Okay" Dahyun said shortly, and the two started to walk to the train station.

 

It's fortunate that there's a station nearby, so it's pretty safe for Dahyun to walk back to their dorm alone right after sending Mina to the station.

 

The walk was filled with quick storied about how their day went. Mina told her that Jeongyeon was acting weird today and it all made sense when she read Dahyun's letter. Dahyun told Mina about the endless errands that she had to do back in school. She even joked that it was a surprise that she managed to walk fast and steady with her short legs. 

 

All of Dahyun's jokes never failed to make Mina laugh. It always brightens her day. Mina temporarily forgets the stress of a graduating student and the responsibilities that she had to meet after graduation. Pressure was the only thing that Mina is feeling whenever she's alone with her thoughts, but Dahyun wipes it all away effortlessly.

 

Waiting for Dahyun was the only choice that Mina made in her life that she didn't give second thoughts on. She wanted to wait for her and spend time with her even if it will cost her to come home late. After all, it was all worth it in the end.

 

The two didn't even realize that they reached the train station because they we're having so much fun talking to each other. The sound of departing trains brought them back to reality, and a frown was automatically formed on Dahyun's lips.

 

At the front of the train station, Mina faced Dahyun—with the rose on her nose as if she was sniffing it. "Thank you" Mina whispered to the flower with a smile, a blush secretly appeared on her face but the dusk of the evening successfully did it's job to hide it. 

 

Dahyun smiled in response, unable to find the right words to say.

 

Another loud noise coming from the train station interrupted their moment again. Mina looked behind her and she saw people starting to rush inside. "I have to go" Mina said with an apologetic smile.

 

Dahyun nodded and beamed her cute yet reassuring smile. "See you tomorrow" she said.

 

To her surprise, Mina leaned her face closer to Dahyun's and planted a quick kiss on her soft white cheeks. Her eyes widened with the sudden action, and it seemed like the evening wind felt cold as if it was already winter.

 

"See you tomorrow." Mina said before walking away and into the train station. Leaving the frozen tofu in place, not even giving her a chance to say anything.

 

Besides, Dahyun wasn't able to find the right words again.