part two of three

Favorite Spot

It's already the end of Dahyun's classes and she never felt so excited to go to the café. It's like she suddenly have something to look forward to everytime her classes ends. 

 

She ran to their dorm quickly, threw her bag on the sofa and ran to her room to change to a more comfortable clothes. She didn't even say a single word to her roommate that almost got hit by her bag.

 

"Why are you in a hurry?" Chaeyoung shouted since Dahyun's room is already locked and the latter was busy changing her clothes. 

 

"Someone might beat me to my new favorite spot on the café" the latter shouted back. Chaeyoung kneeled on the sofa and faced the door of Dahyun's room.

 

"New spot? You mean the bean bags aren't your favorite anymore?" she asked and the door suddenly bursted open. Dahyun has her blonde hair tied in a bun and she's wearing a black semi see-through top with flowers as its design tucked in a white short.

 

Dahyun was about to leave her room but she rushed back in to get her wallet. She closed her bedroom door from behind before answering her roommate. "Yeah" she said shortly while walking directly to their dorm's door.  "If you need anything, just text me" she said before winking and finally leaving their dorm. Chaeyoung was left on the sofa, speechless and unable to process what just happened. Everything happened so quickly like a hurricane just passed by.

 

~

 

Dahyun finally arrived at the café and a smile was automatically formed on her small lips with the sight of a girl wearing a brown jacket with a white tee inside. 

 

Dahyun walked directly to the counter and got her orders. She didn't waste any single minute to chit chat with Jeongyeon since she wanted to sit right next to the beautiful stranger. Jeongyeon noticed that Dahyun is in a rush and decided to not mention anything about it since she already knows the reason why. 

 

With a smile on her face, Dahyun placed her tray with her favorite chocolate drink and a slice of cake on the table before helping herself up on the tall chair. The girl noticed her presence and watched Dahyun's actions.

 

Their eyes suddenly met and Dahyun felt her heart pound with the contact. Her excited smile turned into an awkward one since she has no idea what to do.

 

It was silent at the first few minutes, but Dahyun decided to man-up and break it.  

 

"You're not busy today" she said, pointing out that the girl wasn't really doing anything. Usually, she would be busy with school works on her laptop with a few books stacked next to it. But today, the girl was just sipping her cold red drink with her phone in her hand.

 

"Yeah, finished it all last night" she said after drinking, her eyes glued to her phone screen.

 

Dahyun took a sip on her own drink. "Did your group mates finally helped you?" she asked, swallowing every inch of embarrassment that she's feeling, but a little afraid that the stranger might find it weird since she's showing an interest of talking with her.

 

The girl nodded, eyes still glued on her phone. "I realized a lot with what you said yesterday" she answered, finally pressing the lock button on the side of her phone. She placed her phone down on the table and took another sip on her cold drink. "They shouldn't be 'just relaxing' while I'm working my off on our paper" she joked, Dahyun let out a soft laugh.

 

"You scolded them?" Dahyun asked, the girl shook her head.

 

"That's something that I can't really do." the girl answered while moving her straw around, playing with the ice cubes on her drink. "I just talked to them and gave them their tasks. They didn't give any excuses and just did what they had to do" she added with a shrug.

 

"You must've scared them" Dahyun joked, earning a face of disapproval from the stranger. 

 

"I did not" the girl said in defense.

 

"Okay then, if you say so" Dahyun said playfully before taking a bite from her favorite chocolate cake. "Do you study at JYP uni too?" Dahyun suddenly asked, lowkey hoping that she's studying at the same school as hers, but got a little disappointed when the latter shook her head.

 

"I study at Seoul University" she answered, Dahyun's eyes widened.

 

Everybody knows that Seoul University is a very big university. Only the ones with the biggest brains got accepted there, and the tuition fee is no joke. She dreamt of going to S.U, but she knows that it will be impossible so she didn't even attempted to take an entrance examination.

 

"But why are you here? Isn't S.U like a train ride away from here?" Dahyun asked

 

The girl shook her cold drink before taking another sip. "A friend of mine took me to this café during vacation, and I liked the atmosphere the first time I went here. So I decided to come here whenever I have free time after class."

 

Dahyun hummed in response as she looked around the café as if it was her first time there. The café has indeed a very comfortable atmosphere and it's very quiet and calming. Probably why the girl chose to do her works here. But Dahyun wondered why she travels far from her uni instead of just going to nearby cafés within the university's area. It's probably a hassle whenever she takes the train to go home since it's rush hours; the time where everyone goes home after school or work.

 

"I also enjoy train rides" the girl added. Dahyun was surprised because it seemed like the girl read her exact thoughts. "How about you? Do you study at JYP Uni?" she asked with full interest.

 

Dahyun nodded with a small smile. "Yup, I'm on my third year" she added. It was late for her to realize that she let out too much information about her.

 

"Oh, I'm on my fourth year" the girl answered with a small smile as well.

 

"What are your plans after graduating?" Dahyun wanted to slap herself for asking too much about someone that's a stranger.

 

The girl sighed before taking a sip of her drink, the melted ice cubes messed up the sweet taste of her drink which made her frown, Dahyun found it cute. "I don't know yet. I don't know if I should pursue ballet or not" she added, Dahyun's eyebrows went up.

 

"You do ballet?" Dahyun asked the obvious, the girl nodded. "Can you show me some moves?" she joked, earning a soft laugh from the stranger. The laugh was very beautiful and Dahyun wanted to hear more.

 

"How about I show you some videos instead?" the girl suddenly suggested, which made Dahyun nod rather excitedly that made the girl giggle. 

 

The girl grabbed her phone, opened it and tapped her gallery. She scrolled down a few times before finally tapping a video from a recent school event. She was wearing a black and pink costume with shiny beads all over her body. Dahyun leaned a little closer to the girl and observed her graceful moves in awe. Every spins and hops made Dahyun's mouth open wide. And when it finally reached the end, Dahyun clapped as she watched the girl bow after the whole performance. "Woah" she said and paused for a while, trying to find the right words to describe her amazement. The girl let out a giggle. "That's you?" she joked, the girl rolled her eyes but there's a subtle smile on her lips. "That's amazing!" she said, clapping again. The girl blushed secretly.

 

The girl suddenly swiped left due to mannerisms of going through her videos gallery, and a dog was suddenly on her phone screen. Dahyun noticed and pointed on the girl's phone. "Is that your dog?" she asked the obvious again. The girl nodded.

 

Dahyun watched as she tapped the back button on her phone and looked for something in her gallery. A small smile was painted on the girl's face when she finally saw the picture that she was looking for. It was a picture of her and her dog sleeping together. "That's Ray-chan" she introduced her fur baby. "I miss him so much" she added and her smile turned into a frown. Dahyun still finds it cute whenever she does that.

 

"Why? Is he..." Dahyun was about to ask if the dog is dead but the girl suddenly sat up and shook her head fast.

 

"No, no. He's at home with my parents, in Japan" she added, Dahyun's curiosity went up again.

 

"Oh, so you're from Japan" Dahyun said, looking at the dog's picture again "So that's why you call him Ray-chan" she added, the girl nodded. "What about you?" she suddenly asked, the girl tilted her head in confusion. "I mean, what should I call you then?" 

 

For the second time, Dahyun wanted to slap herself for being too much. Is she talking too much? Is she asking too much?

 

Her thoughts went blank when the girl suddenly beamed her beautiful smile. Dahyun was frozen in place. The girl grabbed her drink, took a sip from it and placed it on the table. The girl's eyes followed her drink and Dahyun looked at it as well. She watched how the girl turned her drink around, to the side where her name was written with Jeongyeon's penmanship. 

 

"Mina" it reads, with a smiley face drawn on the side. Dahyun thought that the girl's name sounded so beautiful, but not as beautiful her. 

 

Dahyun did the same. She turned her chocolate drink around to the side where her name was written.

 

"Dahyun" it reads, with a poop drawing on the side. Mina laughed at the drawing and Dahyun wondered why. She looked at her own drink and it was just then when she noticed that Jeongyeon drew a poop right next to her name.

 

Dahyun laughed as well. "The barista slash cashier is my friend, she often draws weird stuff next to my name on my cup" she explained with an embarrassed smile. 

 

"Very timely, Jeongyeon" she thought to herself.

 

"So, can I call you Mina-chan?" Dahyun asked. Mina's eyes met hers again, making her heart pound harder than before.

 

But her nervousness faded away when Mina smiled at her once again and nodded her head in agreement.

 

Dahyun finally knows her name.