Chapter 2

Our Story

Looking for love almost always ends up in disappointment.

Yet the moment you stop trying so hard,

Someone interesting and real and gets your heart beating so fast comes.

Eventually, your mind's filled with her.

And slowly, your heart.

 

✨
 

The night ended faster than I wanted it to. After bottles of beer and cocktails, endless chatters and laughters, it was time to go home...
 

But I wasn't ready to let go of the moment I finally found someone worth my time just yet.
 

"Sana, do you wanna go on a walk with me?" I said this with deep hope she'd say yes.
 

And the Gods might have been listening to me at that moment.
 

"Yes, sure! I'd love to. I would really want to get some ice cream, too." Sana said while smiling, without fail.
 

That night while walking side by side with her, I had the realest conversation I have never had with anyone for so long.

She's strong.

She's good hearted.

She's crazy.

Crazy good.


"To be honest, I don't have anyone in my life right now I can really depend on. I've always faced my problems head-on, alone. I struggled to get myself through college, I worked jobs while I studied. It was hard. But I kept fighting, not even for any dream I have but...

for happiness."
 Sana said with a sad smile on her face.

I loved how genuine she felt.

It's funny how hours of such conversations with someone can make you feel like you've known them for so long.

And it might be crazy to say, but...


I know I fell in love with her the same day I met her.

"Hey. I know you might think I'm drunk-talking and crazy and screwed up in the head to even ask this, but I have this gut feeling that I have to at least try to ask you this in case you're as crazy as me to even say yes."

I nervously spoke as we ended our walk and sat outside a convenience store eating ice cream.

I didn't wait anymore for her to react as I stuttered my words slowly. I just felt like I needed to say it right then and there..


"Do you wanna be my girlfriend?"

....... silence.

"I mean, I haven't laughed for so long, I haven't had anyone be so open and real with me, I haven't been so into hearing someone's voice and laughter, and I haven't felt like I wanted to protect someone and make them happy all the time.

But with you, right now, I feel all of this. You make me feel like I can be crazy and do something crazy and be happy.


Life's full of , and why wait asking you this if I know that what I feel right now is that I want to keep having nights like this with you?" I was talking for so long with my head bowed down.

And honestly, I didn't expect that the moment I would look up at her, she'd have the sweetest and most thoughtful stare and smile.
 

"Yes, I'll be your girlfriend. But from this moment on, it's only gonna be the two of us. Okay? You can't flirt or date anyone else anymore. I'm not into sharing."

Sana said each word carefully with concern in her eyes.

I don't know who hurt her for her to look so scared but..


"Don't worry, I don't wanna share you with anyone else either."

I finally found someone who's worth it.
 

✨
 

"Japanese Food sent you a message: Good night, my Korean Food. 😋💞"

I still can't help but to laugh and smile like a crazy dog everytime Sana's name pops out on my phone. I feel like this endearment we have is so corny, funny, and unique.

I absolutely love it. 😂

"Korean Food: Good night, Jap food! Dream of me! 😘"

I'm going to sleep with a smile plastered on my face!

After so long, I feel alive and happy again.

 

✨
 

People say, things that come into your life fast goes away fast too.

I say, if you're eager to let it stay in your life, you can make it happen.