Chapter 1

Our Story

Life is filled with unexpected events.
 

Sometimes, you lose people in your life you thought you'd be with forever.
 

Then eventually, someone comes and makes you go crazy again.
 

Crazy good, anyway.
 

The type where it makes you realize things need to happen
 

So better things can come and make you even happier.


 

✨
 

"You know, it's been long enough since you stopped dating someone. You need to stop hanging out alone in your room, and go with me this weekend! It'll be fun!"
 

That's my friend, Dahyun. She's been trying so hard to get me out and up again from my room, which sometimes make me feel better, but mostly annoys the out of me.
 

"Jeong, you need the company. I mean how can I find myself a girlfriend if I need to always take care of you?" 🙄
 

"Dubs, I never told you to take care of me. I'm doing fine alone. You're the one who always sets me up on things."
 

Well, I'm just really not in the mood for the people she sets me up with. None of them feels.... real. Do you know what I mean?
 

"Okay, this will be the last time, I promise. But I swear you'll like the girl I got my friend to set up with you. She's Japanese, cute, and really lively. Kinda opposite with your personality. But what do they say? Opposite attracts!" Dahyun says with a grin.
 

I give up. If she says this will be the last time then I guess it'll be worth the try. I just hope the girl will be interesting enough for me...
 

"Fine. But once I'm bored, we're leaving alright?"
 

"YES! Okay, okay. It's this weekend, 7pm, at the Japanese restaurant right beside the mall. Don't be late!!"
 

I guess I have a date..


 

✨


The weekend came faster than I expected. Maybe because mostly, I spent my time watching Netflix and playing Call of Duty with Dahyun. Wooh, I need a life.
 

"Jeongie! You came!" Dahyun screamed as soon as she saw me coming inside the restaurant.
 

"Of course, I did. You won't play CoD with me anymore if I suddenly cancelled." I joked.
 

"You bet I won't! Come, sit here beside me. Our dates are coming with the food soon." Dahyun whispered to me as soon as I was close enough to her and our seats by the window.
 

"Great. I'm starving, and I've been craving Japanese food all week."
 

I didn't realize I said this line loud enough for someone else to hear, though..
 

"Well then! Good thing the Japanese food is here! Hi! I'm the Japanese food~"
 

The girl in front of me excitedly extended her hand towards me after saying this funny yet somehow inappropriate joke to me.
 

But really, it was too cute to ignore. Her smile really caught my attention.
 

I chuckled to her remark and shook her hands. "Hey, nice to meet you Japanese food. I'm Korean food. Do you like Korean food?"
 

She laughed and smiled so widely to my answer, maybe because she didn't expect it? But I have to say, her laugh was just... cute.
 

I lost words. Everything about her is cute.
 

"Lucky for you, I do." She giggled as she sat down. "I'm Sana, Mina's cousin. You must be Jeongyeon?"
 

"Ah, yes. I'm Jeongyeon, Dahyun's friend. It's nice to meet you." I answered with an unintentional grin.
 

"You like her. Your smile says it all." Dahyun manages to whisper to my ear, which made me pinch her freaking arm.
 

"Well, let's eat!"
 

✨