You are home

Mementos
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sacred new beginnings that became my religion, listen— I hope I never lose you

 

-Taylor Swift- Cornelia Street

 

---

 

Irene stares at her like she's the whole world.



No, scratch that. Irene stares at her because she's her whole world.



Irene never second glance. She never looks at other people, unless they're talking to her about important things, like school-related stuff. She would never bat an eye for other people who aren't Wendy. That's how whipped she is for her girlfriend. 



So, yes. Irene stares at Wendy because Wendy IS her world.



They're now sitting at the back of a taxi cab, on their way to a New Year's party hosted by a good friend of theirs. Two hands intertwined; eyes twinkling in the dim lighting from the street lamps that the car would pass by occasionally. Irene can't help but stare at Wendy. It's like a habit that she can't-- no-- she won't break. 



Because looking at Wendy means looking at the girl of her dreams. The woman whom she spent her entire high school days pining over, not knowing that Wendy herself wanted her, too. Years of building the courage to confess to her bestfriend finally paid off, because now, Irene gets to call Wendy her girlfriend (and wife too, in the future. She hoped).




"You know, I'm planning on moving somewhere." Wendy's statement broke her adoring stare, which was replaced by a look of curiosity. 



Irene raised an eyebrow at the sudden change of topic by her girlfriend. "Really? I thought your lease isn't up for another 6 months?" 



"Yeah," Wendy hummed, giving small circles on her girlfriend's hand. "But, you know. I kinda want a change of scenery. And a new neighbor moved in. Let's just say that if there's an earthquake at night, I wouldn't know if it's a legitimate one, or if it's man-made." Wendy wiggled her brows, making Irene laugh.



One of the many qualities of Wendy that Irene admired is her effortless sense of humor. There's never a dull moment whenever she's with Wendy. Not a single tear was shed in the entire duration of their relationship, at least for now.



"You dork," Irene chuckled. "So, where are you planning to move? Hopefully somewhere near."



"Don't worry, I'll still be staying around Hongdae." 



Irene let out a sigh of relief. They have been dating for almost a year. Their time in Hongik University was mostly spent either trying to complete their plates on time, or trying to see each other at least once a week. Their packed schedules aren't exactly ideal for a relationship, yet they always managed to have their weekly dates. Their apartments were not that close, with each other, but are still within the same street. 



At least she's not going too far.



Irene took Wendy's hand to , giving it a soft kiss. "As long as you're comfortable with the place, then it's fine by me."



"Don't worry, I'm more than comfortable with my future home." Wendy's eyes glinted bashfully. 



They stared at each other's eyes for a second, before Wendy started to lean in to give Irene a kiss. She could now feel Irene's breath on . Just before their lips touch, the driver interrupts them, saying that they have arrived at the destination. 



The couple jumped in their seats, startled. They forgot that they were riding a cab, too caught up with each other. A furious blush was present on Irene's face as she rummaged through her bag to find her wallet. 



After paying, they quickly exited the vehi

Please log in to read the full chapter