210308

࿐ ΰΏ” π€π”π‘πŽπ‘π€γ€€ ❝ π‘Ž π‘“π‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘›π‘–π‘‘π‘¦ π‘’π‘›π‘–π‘£π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘ π‘–π‘‘π‘¦ π‘Žπ‘’ βžγ€€ ΙͺɴᴛᴇʀᴀᴄᴛΙͺᴠᴇ α΄€α΄œ + ʟΙͺᴛᴇʀᴀᴛᴇ ❀  π‚π‹πŽπ’π„πƒ ― 𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 π…πŽπ‘ 𝐀𝐍 πˆπŒππŽπ‘π“π€ππ“ π€πππŽπ”ππ‚π„πŒπ„ππ“
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hello, everyone.


We are the team of Aurora roleplay, an interactive university AU based on Mewe that focuses on fraternity rivalry. Our establishment was officially published on July 29th, 2020. Since OctoberΒ 11th, 2020, we have been closed for an indefinite time.

This announcement is regarding a matter that concerns the authenticity of a newly established roleplay by the name Yongsan. Recently, we were made aware of the similarities between Aurora and Yongsan. We were asked if Yongsan is a revamp, reopening, or continuation of Aurora. Immediately, we were taken back by this question. Upon asking the Mewe community why they were given this impression, we were presented with insights that left us deeply concerned.

Through discussing with fellow typists who kindly provided us visual representations of the similarities, we were able to understand why they were given such an impression. There are many undeniable resemblances between the two roleplays, ranging from the main concept, systematic execution, visual graphics, color palette, and so forth.Β 

As we continue to present this very serious matter, we will be inserting visual aids along the way. We hope the side-by-side comparison will illustrate our concerns.

The main universe of both Yongsan and Aurora is not new to the roleplay community. It is a well-received concept that many typists indulge in across various platforms. However, during the period we managed our establishment, we tried our best to make Aurora break through the scene by introducing new approaches that our members grew to enjoy. That being said, it is vital to acknowledge our concerns with a reminder that we are not claiming to own the university/fraternity concept in any shape or form.

The first similarity is from the acceptance group. Yongsan has chosen to take the same approach as us to introduce members with school-inspired identification cards that state their name, school year, fraternity house, and major. We are aware this method is not new in roleplays, especially ones that are centered around school or academy universes. But the jarring similarity is evident when combined with the admin account display picture, along with the emojis used in the exact same order as Aurora. When placed side by side, it is almost identical.

The second similarity is the admin account(s)’ display picture. Both have a strikingly similar shade of pink. Additionally, the focus of both images is the plants positioned in the center. A quick glance would allow anyone to believe they are the same.

The third similarity is the color scheme of the overall roleplay. It is evident both roleplays make use of pastel colors. Again, this is not new in the roleplay community. Moreover, we do not make irrational claims about owning colors. However, when looking through the Mewe groups’ banners, both demonstrate the same presentation.

The fourth similarity is the password of the roleplays. Ours requires applicants to share what events or features they would like to see in the roleplay. Yongsan’s password is the exact same.

The fifth similarity is the gossip forum. We were an interactive roleplay that brought both literacy and other means of fun for our members. In order to cultivate this environment, we created the gossip forum feature, hoping we would be able to provide more interesting storylines for the members as the college universe can often become generic and vague at times. We were able to integrate this feature by asking the members of Aurora to submit rumors, gossip, secrets, random facts, etc to our admin NPC account. We made use of the submissions while also analyzing the public threads posted in our literacy groups. With this process, we were able to publish weekly or bi-weekly short articles that summed up our findings. This allowed certain storylines to progress in ways typists may not have initially imagined as this feature did an excellent job at encouraging in-character drama within the premise of college life. This feature was quite demanding to manage on our end, so when we saw Yongsan’s gossip feature was a mirror image of ours, we felt heartbroken that a member that was once in our community would do such a thing.


More into how ours worked in the

Please log in to read the full chapter