Beauty and the Beast

Wenrene Anthology
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Beauty and the Beast

Princess Joohyun gets kidnapped by a dragon just like one of those fairytale stories.

 

 

"Destroy the beast!"

 

Seungwan heard the call of vengeance from a mile away. Heard the metallic clanking of swords being unsheathed from their scabbards and spears being beaten against shields. Heard the war cry escape from mouths tainted with violence. Heard the rapid beating of hearts and numerous curses being thrown on the air.

 

What on earth? She pursed her lips and closed the book she was reading. She tentatively stood from her seat and silently walked towards the archway that led to the balcony. Who in the world is causing chaos at this ungodly hour? It was half past midnight. Surely, everyone in town was asleep by now.

 

Apparently, she was wrong because judging from the battalion of soldiers forming a blockade outside her lair and shoring up their defenses by sharpening their blades and pitchforks, it was evident that slumber was the least of their concerns as of this moment.

 

Her hands rested on the marbled stones molding the balcony and pretty much the entire abandoned castle she dwelled in. Even without the aid of her superior eyesight and enhanced senses, she could clearly tell that those soldiers were preparing an attack. She knew because she was observing from the highest room of the tallest tower. Besides, they were causing quite a racket. It was hard not to notice.

 

"With valor beating in our hearts and courage coursing through our blood, together we can finally vanquish the evil that has long infested our lands!"

 

A fair skinned man with dark hair and even darker eyes rallied the troops and gave them an impassioned speech. He looked like the leader of this rugged band of soldiers because he was fully adorned with armor and medals that signified his rank. His method of boosting morale proved to be effective because fiery determination now burned in their eyes.

 

Again? Seungwan sighed heavily. Seems like the king from the neighboring kingdom sent another batch of warriors to storm her lair. It was the fifth time this month. Why can't she catch a break?

 

It was not that Seungwan was ungrateful. She was and she appreciated their efforts of travelling such a long way just to visit this barren wasteland but she would've preferred if there weren't any attempts on her life at every given opportunity. Even immortals like her do get lonely and it was nice to have companionship sometimes. Had these soldiers arrive peacefully, she would've invited them over for a cup of tea and have a lovely little chat with them. Sadly, things don't always go the way she wants them to.

 

"The plan is simple. We must save the princess from the creature."

 

Oh, so they were after her all along. Seungwan guessed. She wouldn't lie and say that she was surprised. Ever since she made the mistake of kidnapping the princess, life became a little more stressful. Castle raids became a hobby soldiers engaged in these days and not a week goes by that there wasn't an attempted attack on her lair. It was hard to get a moment of peace. She couldn't even succumb to her yearly practice of hibernation without fear of being captured by her enemies.

 

"Now my brothers, join me as we destroy this demon!" The leader yelled and was joined by his comrades as their war cries echoed through the night. Seungwan could smell their aggression in the air as they boldly tackled the rickety wooden bridge that led to the entrance of the castle.

 

She winced when a soldier made the mistake of stepping on a wobbly plank that ultimately broke. He would've careened down the lake of fire that filled the moat of the castle if it weren't for his comrades pulling him to safety. Goodness, her castle was really crumbling apart. That old wooden bridge needed to be fixed. She didn't want the soldiers storming her lair fall to their deaths on that lake of lava.

 

"Wan?" Called out a lilting voice from the dimly lit room and the blonde immortal pursed her lips. The noise had woken her. Those racket caused by the soldiers had awoken her beloved and Seungwan didn't appreciate it. She was already exhausted enough as it is and she needed all the rest she can get.

 

She turned away from the spectacle outside and carefully walked back to her chambers, taking great effort not to make any more unnecessary noise. Seungwan quietly settled beside the elegant beauty still slumbering in her bed and enveloped their bodies in satin sheets. Her fingers brushed away stray locks of luscious raven hair and her lips placed featherlight kisses on smooth pale skin. "Yes Joohyun?"

 

Bae Joohyun, beauty personified, slowly stirred from her slumber to snuggle closer into her lover's embrace. She nestled onto Seungwan's neck and breathed in her scent before whispering "What are you doing up?" Exhaustion laced her voice and Seungwan couldn't help but sympathize. After a memorable night of endless lovemaking, tiredness crept on her bones which made her entire body sore. The blonde could only imagine how jaded Joohyun was, considering that her lover was still a human mortal and not a powerful being like her.

 

"There are soldiers currently storming the castle as we speak and they're being led by this general." Seungwan decided to inform her lover when her touch left trails of fire which ultimately chased away the coldness of Joohyun's skin.

 

"Oh." Joohyun replied casually as if castle raids were a normal everyday occurrence in their lives. As if being hunted down was another afternoon tea. "That must be Bogum. Why does he never take a hint?"

 

"They're looking for you princess." The blonde supplied, hoping to punctuate the gravity of the situation and make her lover realize that this was a serious matter.

 

"I'm well aware of that." She sought more of her lover's touch and pressed their bodies together. Her skin was already flushed with heat and she didn't bother hiding her arousal. Memories of last night lingered in her thoughts and judging by Seungwan's sharp intake of breath, Joohyun wasn't the only on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter