The Bucketlist

Wenrene Anthology
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The Bucketlist

Seungwan tries to fulfill everything in her bucketlist and Joohyun helps her with it.

 

 

Inspired by a favorite movie she watched when she was young, Seungwan made a little bucketlist. She listed down the things she wanted to do in the future and vowed to accomplish them one by one. She did this thinking that if she fulfilled her goals, she'll have everything she wants and finally feel a sense of true happiness.

 

Number 15 was to acquire a guitar and she did just that, albeit doing odd jobs in the summer and running small errands for her parents.

 

Ticking off number 13 from the list, she snuck out late on a Wednesday night just to attend a party. She didn't know why it made the list. Maybe her state of thinking was influenced by her teenage rebellious phase. No matter, she regretted it the day after. Hangover was a and she got grounded for a month but hey, at least she accomplished another goal.

 

Crossing out number 9: Graduate with flying colors felt so satisfying. She could still remember the day she stepped on the podium to deliver her speech as the class Valedictorian. The sight of the adoring crowd and the proud smiles of her friends and family was something she'll never forget.

 

When Seungwan found a stable job and saved enough money, she went backpacking across Europe just so she could check off number 7 from the list. She saw different scenic spots, learned interesting cultures from various countries and tasted lots of delicacies. She was glad she got the chance to explore the world at such a young age.

 

Meet the love of your life was at number 6 and Seungwan honestly thought it would take a long time before she ticks off that number from the list. Boy was she wrong. On that fateful night, during the party Seulgi threw to celebrate her landing a job on a law firm, the blonde met the one person that would forever make her complete. Love came in the form of Bae Joohyun and they complemented each other easily like puzzle pieces finally coming together.

 

Seungwan wondered why she travelled all over the world searching for something when Joohyun was the only destination she ever needed.

 

It took 5 years for Seungwan to cross off number 5: Get married. Joohyun finally said yes and they spent quality time in a small cabin by the countryside for their honeymoon. The blonde honestly wanted to do something grand like going on a cruise or dining in a fancy restaurant but Joohyun preferred the simple things in life. Seungwan couldn't complain. How could she when Joohyun feasted on her like a ravenous beast during the wedding night.

 

Accomplishing Number 4 was easy. Make Joohyun happy was something Seungwan loved doing. She would gladly spend a lifetime just to make Joohyun smile. It was in this moment that she finally felt true happiness. So she stopped making the bucketlist.

 

For she already had everything she had ever wanted.

 

Number 3 was the only one she'd been dreading to do. She woke up sweating one night when a crushing sensation lodged onto her chest. She couldn't breathe. It's like her heart was being squeezed like a sponge. Joohyun was away from a business trip and won't be coming home for 3 days so no one was around when Seungwan hurried to the bathroom and heaved until the every content of her dinner was expelled from her stomach.

 

No one was around when she started coughing out scarlet liquid from until she was choking from the metallic taste of her own blood.

 

No one was around when Seungwan saw white spots from her vision and promptly fell to the floor as she lost consciousness.

 

The next day, she went to the doctor and discovered that she had an underlying heart disease. One that's con and will only give her about 3 months to live if she didn't have surgery. Seungwan calmly processed the information within and managed to hold herself together until she got home and broke down crying.

 

3 months.

 

She only had 3 months to live.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter