Sequel

Lifetime

Kahit na litong lito sa iyo parin tutungo

Di man sigurado di parin hihinto

Isa lang ang sasabihin isa lang ang aking gagawin

muli kitang kikilalanin,

Minamahal kong Estranghero

Estranghero - Cup of Joe

 

 

Chaeyoung never skipped her session to see Dr. Kim. There was relapses where she will always mistakes her for another person. She almost hugged a stranger for missing her and seeing the features that resemble the girl she admired. But thankfully, the day that she will meet her Psych for the last time arrived.

 

That was 4 years ago. She still sees her psych but now as a good friend hanging out. The two found similarities with passion in music, Taehyung being a good singer and her as a skilled rapper. People often mistakes them as a couple but the two just laughed it out. Knowing both doesn't swing that way. 
 

"Call you later, Kookie's throwing tantrums again." Taehyung showed her his text "He said wrong twin."

 

Chaeyoung laughed at that. Who would have thought that her friend would go for her twin, Jungkook. 
Still can't get over the times people were surprised that he will go for the sibling. The family was stunned when they announced their relationship while Chaeyoung laughed her heart out "Told you guys he doesn't do dongless"

She received a smack for her friend after that comment.


Chaeyoung is now a professor in Media Arts at Seong Lim University. Her alma matter. After passing her boards she immediately applied and was accepted immediately. Who wouldn't want a 3 times awarded artist like her to teach in their premises?

"I heard there was a new professor in Dance department" Jeongyeon munched a fries as she looked at her Nayeon who was slurping her smoothie. "Ew, why do you drink so load?"

"why do you breath?" Nayeon rolled her eyes.

She just chuckled and continue to scroll down her phone.

"They also said she major in ballet" Jeongyeon stated

This took Chaeyoung's attention "Really?"

"Yep, I think she's two years older than you. She came from Japan, She taught there for a year before she moved here"

"Wow, you sure do know a lot when it comes to pretty girls" Nayeon scoffed

"Yah! She's Momo's cousin! That girl ran a lot" Jeongyeon defended

Chaeyoung just shrugged the thought she had before she continued browsing on social media.

 

 

The rumor of the pretty dancer professor ran for awhile. It's been 3 months since she heard it.

"Come oon! It's your birthday- oh sorry" A student apologized when they bumped to Chaeyoung in which she just replied with a nod.

"No, the class will continue, Park." 
Chaeyoung stopped in her tracks with the familliar voice

She looked back but the student and the professor already turned the corner

"Weird." She mumbled. "Where did I hear that..." Chaeyoung shrugged and continued walking.

 

 

 

 

"Haaaaaaaaaaaaa" Chaeyoung let out a big sigh

"Another arrogant student" Nayeon chuckled when she saw Chaeyoung rubbed her timple.

She nodded.

"Breath some fresh air. You won't be able to think when your that stress" Nayeon pat her shoulder. The two have their desk beside each other.

"I will take that offer." She stood up and was about to go out when Nayeon shout "No cigarette! I don't want to be stuck with tou smelling like an old man" reaching out a strawberry lollipop

Chaeyoung chuckled at that and took the lollipop m, before going to the rooftop, her safe place.

before she reached the highest floor, she saw a young lady coming out the rooftop door. She wasn't able to see her face as she was too far but her body posture is quite familliar. She hurried her steps in hope to catch the girl but the said professor is already gone when she looked at the adjacent hallway.

"I wodner where did I saw her. Well she's a professor so I must've seen her already" she thought

but the feeling of familliarity is different. She just kept the feeling onto herself, hoping she was wrong and don't need to go back to psych.

 

 

"Dahyun was grateful with your birthday gift. She was using it almost everyday!" Momo laughed as she demonstrated Dahyun's face as she used the massage chair chaeyoung gifted for her birthday. 
Chaeyoung laughed at that before stopping in her tracks.

She saw that familliar posture again, walking out of the university. She had the urge to run and turn her around, but she made herself think Taehyung's word. She can't go into that again. 
"Chaeyoung?" she blinked when she saw Momo's hand in front of her

"Are you okay? You suddenly stopped." 
She looked at Momo who's looking at her worriedly.

"Ah yeah. I'm fine. Just some thought"

"Are you sure?"

Chaeyoung nodded and buried the thoughts she had awhile ago.

 

 

 

"Chaeyouuuuuuungieeee" 

She turned around from the call of her name and was tuckled into a big tight hug

"can't......breath"

"Sana the girl can't breath. Let go the poor little thing."

"Oops! Sorry" Sana giggled and kissed Chaeyoung on the cheeks before pouting. "You didn't go to my baby's birthday."

"I'm sorry okay? I just got some stuff to do" Chaeyoung smiled apologetically on her "And you, who are you calling small thing!" she playfully glared at the tall girl who reached them.

"You. Small little thing. Even have to look up to meet my gaze" Tzuyu raised one of her brow.

"This is why I didn't go to your party." Chaeyoung held her glare.

"uhm.." Sana nervously looked at the two.

Suddenly they got off to fits of laughter.

"Stupid, I know Logan needs to be immediately treated." Tzuyu shook her head while laughing "Who the s breaks their tail from wagging their tail too much? Oh right! Your dog."
"My Fur mom bestie would understand, of course!" Chaeyoung laughed along her. "I was really nervous when Logan whines whenever I touch the tail"
"Spent a day's lunch allowance for too much happiness" Tzuyu added. "Anyway you missed Momo's cousin. She came." 
"Oh right!" Sana chimed in. " She was so cute!"

"Everyone is cute for you" Tzuyu commented. 
"Awee my baby jealous? Don't worry you're the only one for me"she clinged to her while showing her pretty eyes.

Tzuyu just sighed.

"What? You dont want me anymore?" Sana pouted.

Chaeyoung just looked at them amused. She met Tzuyu's gazed and smiled at her teasingly.

"Shut up Chaeyoung. No baby, We're already engaged right? Of course I want you!" Tzuyu pecked Sana's lip who grinned winningly

"Ew. PDA inside the school premises is not allowed." Chaeyoung acted like she gagged.

"Not my fault you turn down every single confessions made to you" Sana 'merongd' Chaeyoung

"Why don't you accept one of them anyway, you've been single since the day we met."

Chaeyoung shrugged.

"Anyway, first friday is round the corner, is it all set?" Chaeyoung asked.

Chaeyoung, Momo, Jeongyeon, Dahyun, and Tzuyu have made a band that plays every first friday of the month at Sana's bar. 
At first, Chaeyoung and Jeongyeon found common interest in guitars. One day, they playes in an empty room, bringing Dahyun into the room with curious eyes. The two even thought they will be kicked out by the music teahcer, to their relief, she just sat down on the piano displayed and matched the rythm they played. Two becomes three, then Dahyun brought her 'bestfriend' who coincidentally, plays drum! 
Three becomes four. They can't remember how Tzuyu got the bassist role but there, four becomes five.

Then Sana offered them to play to her bar, as a supportive girlfriend she is. 
Now they are playing at her bar every first friday. It's been almost a year since they started.

"Minaring will go, she said she need to loose m, she's been stressing on her ex who kept pestering her" Sana shooked her head, showing disgust for the said girl's situation.

"Mina?" Chaeyoung asked

"Oh right, it's been 7 months since Mina arrived, and you haven't seen her since?" Tzuyu mentioned.

"Impossible! You guys go to the same building."

Chaeyoung smiled at her "Well maybe our time just don't match. Anyway, see you on friday!"

with that, they bid goodbyes

 

 

"Minamahal kong estranghero" 

The crowd sang along the last line and bopped their heads as they play the closing interlude.

When they were done, the crowd cheered and chanted "one more song! One more song!"

The band chuckled at that 

"As much as we would like to play one more, there are still other artist waiting to play at stage." Chaeyoung said on the mic

aweee the crowd murmured

"heeey the night is still young! Enjoy the music! And we will see each other next month okay?" Chaeyoung smiled when the crowd answered neeeeee like bunch of primary students. 
"All right! Thank you for enjoying our plays folk! And once again! We aaaare!" She pointed theic on the crowd

" Cincoo!"

 

 

"Who the even named our band" Tzuyu slumped as she set down her bass.

"you!" The other four answered simultaneously

"I didn't thought you guys will take it seriously!" 

"Well it relates to our profession. Giving Cinco's to some students" Dahyun shrugged.

The door opened showing Sana with Momo and Nayeon.

"Heeeey" Sana immediately went to her fiance and gave her a kiss "You did great! As always." Tzuyu grinned at that. 
 

"Where's Jihyo?" Jeongyeon asked. 
"She sent Mina off." Nayeon took a towel from her bag and gave it to Jeongyeon
"Whaaaat! Why so early?" Jeongyeon replied while she accepted the towel

"She said she forgot to pass the materials"

"Right, it's due midnight right?"

"yup, good thing you guys passed it yesterday."

"Too bad, Chaeyoung haven't meet her yet." Jeongyeon pointed at Chaeyoung who was zipping her guitar bag close.

"Really? Chaeyoung you never met my cousing?" Momo asked.

"Nope." She replied without looking. "We will meet next time, don't worry, we literally work at the same place."

"Sure and it's already 7 months yet you haven't seen her." Sana rolled her eyes.

"Shashushush the night is young, let's go drink."

"whatever." Sana replied as the group now went to their respective table and drank the night away.

 

 

 

"Stupid Park." Chaeyoung mumbled. She is now back in the university, frustrated. She just came from the bar and now looking for the canvas that was supposed to be posted on the gallery on monday.

"He said this won't be included, suddenly here he is breaking my day off." He slammed the door close as he ran to the Dean's office holding the painting.

She saw the other faculty's light on "must have been Mina" 

she wanted to greet her but she promised her friends she will be back immediately so she paid no mind 

"I'll greet her when I see her" she thought as she went on her errand.

 

 

 

 

"'Thank you Chaeyoung-ssi' why don't you give me a raise then" she mocked their dean on the way out of the university.

Her phone suddenly rang, surprising her.

"What?" She answered the phone

"where are you?"

"At school"

"Come here fast!"

She was now on her motorcycle, beside the road, thanking God she didn't reveive a ticket for illegal parking.

She took her helmet and sat on it.

"Yeah yeah I'm on my-" she stopped on her track when she saw the person waiting on the shed.

'No way'

The said person looked at her. She must have been staring too long.

"I will call you later." Chaeyoung said as she ended the call. Not listening to the others reply.

'ing no way.'

She held her gaze with her. She got off her motorcycle and slowly went to the other person.

Her world slowed down as she stopped in front of her.

She held her breath when the woman tilted her head in confusion

"You're real."

The girl widen her eyes before giggling.

"of course I am." She showed her gummy smile.

Her heart rate risen as she was mesmerized bt the smile she missed so much. By the scent she never knew she will smell again

"Is there something on my face?"

by the voice she thought she will only hear on her slumber land.

"Am I dreaming?" She mumbled

"Ah! Why did you slap me?" She held her cheeks while looking at the person in front of her.

"You asked me if you're dreaming. There's your answer. I'm sorry, did it hurt?" The woman approached her and held her hand, inspecting the reddened cheek.

She gulped, now that the girl is near, she really does resemble her

"Black swan"

"Oh, you know my nickname?"

Chaeyoung blinked. "w-what?"

"I'm black swan on stage when I danced in Japan."

"a-jinjja?"

The woman stared omat her for awhile before laughing softly

"You're weird."

Chaeyoung gulped, afraid that she will leave a bad impression.

Suddenly the girl offered her hand.

"I'm Mina. Myoui Mina." She showed her gummy smile.

Chaeyoung blinked. Mina just laughed at that. She took the opposite's hand and initiated the handshake. "And your name?"

 

"Chaeyoung. Son Chaeyoung."