Fin.

Lifetime

A/N: Bold and Italic words are flash backs :)

 

"I would like to hereby, give this award to Ms. Katarina Son for this Masterpiece."

Everyone in the stadium clapped as Chaeyoung stood and walked up the stage, accepting the said reward.

"Ms.Son, is there any words you would like to share for this award?" The host asked.

"Uhm...uhh... First of all, I would like to thank everyone who actually supported me while doing this work, this piece took me a week and whenever I work, I don't want to be disturbed, so my friends and family surprisingly left me alone. They did gave me food tho, which was irritating cause I still have to eat and I am eager to finish it. But anyway..... uhmm... I just want to call out young artists like me out there. I just want to say that one day, You guys will also stand here, just don't lose hope and always follow your passiong. Thats' all."

Chaeyoung was about to give the Mic back when the host gave a follow up question.

"Why did you name it Swan? Ms.Son?"

"Actually, when I first saw her, I thought that she was a beautiful black swan. Then after some time, I thought of her as a pure white swan. Then that's it, ever since then, I thought of her as an elegant swan." Chaeyoung smiled awkwardly and about to hand the mic once again.

"The girl in the picture. Who were your inspiration to draw such geourgeous lady? Is there any reference? If there is, who and where is she?"

Chaeyoung stiffened. She gulped as she slowly turn her head and stare at the painting displayed along the other.

This, gorgeous, perfect, pretty woman she have always admired since she first saw her. Even just by the painting, she still get lost by those brown orbs staring

"Ms. Son?"

She blinked as she was once again, awaken from her sweet dream

"Uh.." She cleared . "There is someone, but the only thing I could comment is, she was a good dream I never want to wake up from." she smiled as she forcefully handed the mic and left the stage hurriedly.

Good thing nobody noticed the ways she behaved.

She was back inside her room. She stared at her painting settled in her easel while she sat on the floor, playing with papers, doing origami.

She remembered when she first saw a glimpse of the woman.

 

 

 

Chaeyoung slumped down the stool in front of the blank canvas.

She can feel it. The glare of the blank white fabric being stretched. Along with the whispers of the tubes of paint beside her.

She settled with trying to win the staring contest, but soon later, she didn't notice, she finally left for the dreamland.

Suddenly, she was standing in the middle of the theater. She looked up the stage, and there, she saw an elegant woman wearing black swaying. Her hands slowly raise up in the air as she get on tip toe. Then her gaze met Chaeyoung's

Those eyes that it feels like it can see through your soul.

Then, she started jumping, raising her leg up and twirling. Her foot alternating for balance. Her hands all over the place but still make patters.

She moved her body as she work on telling a story.

"Chaeyoung"

She was stunned by the elegant beauty in front of her.

"Chaeyoung-ah"

Her breath hitched when the lady suddenly stilled in her position, still meeting her eyes with those piercing gaze.

"A Black swan."

 

 

 

 

"CHAEYOUNG!"

She gasped as she whipped her head to the left, where her mother stood. Her arms crossed.

"Thought I lost you there for a second. Dinner's ready."

"Thanks mom, but, I already done supper."

"If you say so, anyway, clean those paper planes around you after kay? And.....don't.....nevermind. Have a goodnight sweetie." Her mom sent her a worried look as she once again close the door.

She decided to play some music, randomly picking whatever she can tap on spotify. (Yes, It is the Lifetime by Ben&Ben she played)

She observed her surroundings. She noticed the dozens paperplanes around her. She chuckled.

She still can remember the days she was still keeping her a secret from her friend.

She never told them who she was when they found her sketchbook full of her face.

Why does everything she does nowadays evolves around that woman?

She then felt her eyes sting.

 

 

 

 

She was sitting on her stool once again.

The girl in her dreams kept on appearing that sometimes she can't sleep.

She was afraid that she won't see her.

Suddenly, her door opened.

There stands the girl holding a tray.

She blinked her eyes, is this a dream?

The girl went towards her bed and settled the tray down.

The girl smiled at her and went to her, pulled her up and lead her to her bed.

As she sat down, she noticed the porcelain mug and plate.

Filled with coffee and a slice of strawberry cake.

The girl let her eat in peace as she sat beside her, making paperplanes.

She rested her back on the backboard as she stare on the girl in front of her.

The two were both facing each other, legs crossed, the other holding a mug and the other holding paper.

Chaeyoung felt like she was in a music video.

As she hears the rain tap on her window.

She found her peace.

The smell of rain mixed with her wooden window pane.

A mug of coffee.

And the girl in front of her.

She started to wonder, who is she to her?

Why does she make her feel warm?

Why does she want to be with her always?

 

 

 

She blinked. Once again she was back in reality, Her hand still fiddling on a paper.

She was so scared to lose her.

She started to have this feelings for the girl the she buried deep inside her heart, thinking that it will pass.

But boy, how wrong was she.

It was like something crippling inside started crawling and spreading.

It grew and grew till she can't handle her no more.

Her beautiful secret turned into something dangerous.

And it filled her with regret.

Now she can't live normally like other people.

She was her good dream.

 

 

 

Chaeyoung sketched all day and night after that she can't even sleep.

Her mom have to make her drink sleeping pills so that she can finally rest her body.

This time, she was out in the field of sunflowers.

She was sitting under the tree, her legs laid out as her hands serves as a stand behind her.

She was enjoying the view in front of her. The Sunflowers all facing the blazing sun.

Suddenly, a figure emerged from the huddled sea of yellow wearing white.

"White swan." She thought

She looked like she was looking for someone. Then her gaze met hers.

The girl smiled and skipped towards her.

There was no audible voice that came out from her but she can understand her well, so she nodded and moved to make space for the woman.

They just sat there as Chaeyoung studies the girl sitting beside her.

Suddenly, the girl leaned on her shoulder.

She stiffened.

Then the looked at her, her eyes twinkling, showing her gummy smile.

Unconsciously, she leaned in.

Their breaths now hitting each other's faces,

She can clearly now see some features that you can only discover when you're this close.

The said girl closed her eyes while the latter still roam her eyes all over her face.

Just as she was about to feel those soft lips, she woke up.

Like it was her routine, she sat up and took her sketchpad and added more details.

Her moles splattered beautifully on her small face like a star constellation.

Her brown orbs that she wanted to drown into.

Her gummy smile.

She drew her from different angle this time.

 

 

She gripped on the paper.

She can still remember the day she finally admitted that she fell in love with someone in her dream

She smiled as she remember of how she was starting to get excited whenever bedtime approach

Cause after admitting her feelings, that was when the girl started to fade away.

 

 

She looked at her bed with a heavy feeling.

She don't want to, but her body was so tired that it just wanted to lay down and go into slumber.

But her heart doesn't want to.

She don't want to feel it.

The feeling of the girl slowly making out of her reach.

So with a heavy heart, she laid herself down and closed her eyes.

She was standing in the middle of the room filled with sparkly diamond dangling from the ceilling

She turned around and there, she saw her, clearer than the rest but farthest from her reach.

She can feel a tear escaping from her eyes.

But the girl just looked at her. Emotions shown through her eyes.

She was wearing a white tube filled with little diamonds.

Her pink shorts sparkling.

An expensive necklace hanging on around her neck.

And a pink scarf covering her.

It was the most elegant look she has ever seen.

The girl never shown her usual gummy smile.

The usual happy eyes that resembles the moon crescent all gone.

But she was still beautiful.

The way her hair falls down her shoulder right.

She started to ask herself, if they met in the wrong time?

Will they go back to the way they were before if she tried harder?

To the warmth they had before?

She just stared at her as the artist stares back.

To think that she can never be hers.

Never can be together.

Only glimpse of happiness can be seen.

With those short moments with her she was happy.

But only their stares can tangle but never their fate.

Then she woke up.

This time, she didn't take her sketchbook,.

Instead she started painting in her blank canvas.

It was the most bittersweet goodbye she ever had.

She never left the stool, she even ate there and just stared at the canvas.

That's why when her masterpiece were done, she was so proud and happy.

To capture the most important moment of her life.

"You can never be mine anyways." She smiled through her tears.

 

 

"Chaeyoung?"

Another call waked her from her daydream

"You okay?"

She nodded.

"You ready for another session?"

She faced her.

"Yes. Dr. Kim." She smiled.

It was a sad ending for the both of them but she still have a life to live.

She can only wonder.

Was there a lifetime waiting for the both of them?

A world where she was hers?

 

 

end