Chapter 2: Soo Yeon's Message

That Woman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was past 1 in the afternoon when Seung Moon finally arrived at the airport. Seong Im couldn't help but watch her brother curiously as he got out of a black car then walked towards her with a smile on his face. It has been 20 years since the last time she saw him in person. They sometimes talk on the phone about trivial things like how was school or if he has a new interesting hobby but that was it. Now, he's a grown man who followed the steps of their sister Soo Yeon in acting.

"Noona!" He greeted her good naturedly. Seong Im wanted to hug him in response but she wasn't sure if he'd allow her so she settled for a smile.

"Aish! What took you so long? I thought you weren't coming at all."

Her brother had the decency to scratch the back of his head and smiled sheepishly. "I had to stop by at the agency for my script. Mianhaeyo (sorry)~"

After a few more playful scoldings from Seong Im, they both got in the car and proceeded to go home. A few minutes have passed and Seong Im was having a hard time contemplating on how to best brought up the subject of Soo Yeon's disappearance. She had a feeling that Seung Moon is trying to prevent any conversation from happening by turning up the volume of the music playing in the car.

"What's the progress of the search?" Dang it! She blurted out without caution.

The curious thing that happened was how Seung Moon's body became tensed at the question. He kept on darting his eyes from the front to the steering wheel to the side mirror and then back again. Anywhere but her.

"Seung Moon-ah." She called. Finally, her brother looked to her. "What are you hiding?"

He didn't respond at first. Silence filled the car as Seong Im waited for Seung Moon to tell the truth. Her hunch tells her that her twin sister is not missing at all and this was just an elaborate and sick plan to get her home. The problem is... she has no idea why.

"Stop the car." She ordered. "Or I'll jump."

"You'll find out at home. Please, I can't tell you myself." He, finally, said.

If it's anyone else, she would have said no but this is her brother making a request. After a few tense moments, she leaned back to the seat and sighed in defeat.

Once they arrived, Seung Moon immediately went inside to escape the rampage of his sister. Well, he doesn't know if she'll go on a rampage but he knows his sister is famous for her temper. Seong Im stayed at the entrance of the house a few minutes longer. Memories came to her one by one like the unwanted guests they are. This was the place she both longed for and hated. She shook her head then willed herself to stepped inside.

The first thing she saw was her mother and father sitting at the dining table that can be seen from the entrance. Seung Moon is nowhere to be found, probably hiding somewhere to avoid the oncoming storm.

When she finally reached the table, his father looked up to her and nodded, acknowledging the fact that one of his eldest daughters finally arrived home after twenty years. Her mother didn't even looked up, she just kept on eating without pause. A far different from the mother who pleaded for her to come back home.

"Where is Soo Yeon?" Seong Im asked with a little contempt laced on her voice.

Her mother finally looked up. "Did you forget your manners while you were away?"

"I guess so when my own mother forgot to have the manners to greet her own daughter." She responded.

"Couldn't you just wait in your room until I finished eating?" Her mother asked her coldly.

Seong Im didn't have the energy to fight after coming from a long flight so she left the dining hall and wentto her room. Her and Soo Yeon's room. Maybe in here, she'll finally have a clue as to what really happened to her sister.

The room only have a few difference from when she used to sleep there. There are two beds, one for her on the left and one for her sister on the right side. Her side of the bedroom didn't change but for a place that wasn't used by anyone anymore, it was very clean. She had a feeling Soo Yeon organizes and cleans her things regularly as if Seong Im still lives there.

Seong Im crossed the other side

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter