Chapter 1: Welcome Home

That Woman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Knock! Knock! Knock!

"Scarlet!"

Someone was yelling outside and knocking at the door but the owner of the room was still in bed, fast asleep with hanging open.

"Yah! Cheon Seong Im I swear if you still haven't woken up yet, I'll drag you out of bed and splash you with water."

Cheon Seong Im didn't even budged with the threat of her aunt. As far as anyone knows, she's still in dreamland. The previous day was tiring for the sleeping beauty after all. She came back to LA after doing an important project in New York. Her designs for women's clothing are getting a lot of attention these days and might be the first step in achieving her dreams of becoming a fashion designer. Just a little more patience and effort and she'll get there.

Her aunt outside, however, was running out of patience. She stopped banging at Seong Im's door to fetch a key then went back mumbling about lazy kids. Once she was able to open the door, she immediately pushed Seong Im out of bed.

"OWWW!" Seong Im howled in pain "Imo! Why did you push me?"

Her aunt laughed at her expression.

"That's what you get for being lazy. Honestly, why can't you be more like Soo Yeon?" She teased which prompted Seong Im to roll her eyes.

Of course, she just had to mention her twin sister. Cheon Soo Yeon, her identical twin was nearly perfect. She's smart and funny. On top of that, she's good at acting hence she became Song Ji Hyo, the actress. She's just good at everything. She's also their mother's favorite. It's not that Seong Im is blaming her sister for not receiving love from their mother. Her mother, on the other hand, was someone she resented for so many years. After all, the one who filled in the role of a mother was her aunt Jung Kyung who raised her in LA like her own daughter. Thank god her aunt exists. Who knows what kind of emotional torture she might get if she didn't have her aunt Jung Kyung.

"Are we going to eat now?" Seong Im asked, changing the subject. 

"Yes so you'd better hurry or else I won't give you any food." Jung kyung warned her then walked out of the room. Her aunt loves to teasingly threaten her. If people ever ask Seong Im why she's violent or rude, she'll point to her aunt for the reason. Like mother lime daughter in principle.

Just as Seong Im was about to leave her room, the chorus of the song That Woman by Baek Ji Young played and caught her attention. With her eyebrows scrunched, Seong Im checked the screen of her phone to see who's calling.

Mom calling...

"Hello?" She said cautiously.

The line went silent for a few seconds before Seong Im heard a faint cry.

"Hello?" She tried again. Seong Im does not want to deal with the drama.

"Seong Im-ah. Uri Seong Im-ah" her mother cried. "Help your family, please. Come back to Korea."

For a moment, Seong Im thought she wasn't fully awake yet and can't decide if she's dreaming or having a nightmare because there is no way that her mother is asking her to come back home. However, the sense of urgency and distress in her mother's voice was so hard to deny and ignore.

"I'm confuse. What are you saying?" Seong Im tried to ask for an explanation. Hopefully her mother would stop confusing her.

"Your sister is missing for three days now. We don't know where she is! You have to come back!" Her mother cried hysterically. 

"What?! Have you called the police?" Seong Im demanded. Of course, she's worried. This is her twin sister missing.

"Yes yes. They are looking for her right now. But Seong Im-ah, I don't know if I can take this anymore. Please come back home. Your mother needs you." She pleaded.

There really was no time to think about it. Her family needs her right now an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter