i know it ain't easy giving your heart

will i ever know how it feels to hold you close
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Irene ignored the worried looks and the tiny voice in her head telling her to stop taking any more shots, knowing the consequences of taking more than she could. But she can't ignore the loud thumping of her heart, beating louder than the blaring sounds of the speakers surrounding them nor the display of affection in her peripheral vision.

 

 

Before Yeri could pour her another shot of tequila (she should've told the younger girl she hates the drink), she opened herself a bottle of beer downing half of the content in one go, letting it wash away the bitterness that wrapped around that fist-sized organ.

 

 

"Ahhh, that's better," Irene said, a giddy smile taking over her features, she'll take whatever means of temporary reprieve she can get as long as it could chase away the warmth from that brief exchange earlier.

 


But she should've known it won't even last longer than that.

 

 

In her periphery, she saw Seulgi lean her body to Seungwan's, her mind playing tricks on her, making her see flashes of a memory that should be buried along with the ache.

 

 

I should be over all the butterflies but I'm into you, I'm into you
And even baby our worst nights
I'm into you, I'm into you

 

 

Funny how Joy could sing that part calmly but here she is, barely hanging on her own sanity to keep her on her own seat. She unknowingly balled her fist, her nails digging small indents on her palm, painful enough to keep her rooted on her own spot before she could so something as stupid as ripping that clinging bear off of Seungwan.

 


She downed the rest of the liquid against her better judgement, allowing the coldness of the drink to settle down the knots in her stomach (she wished it could've settle down the pain in her heart, too).

 


Irene saw Yeri and Joy exchanged seats, the giant now sitting next to her, leaning closer to whisper, "Unnie, you look like you wanna rip someone off," she thought Joy would laugh at her after that but Joy didn't even dare bother to mask the furrow in her eyebrows or her pursed lips, worry etched in her features.

 

 


How accurate can she be, she thought.

 

 


"I'm fine, just tipsy ... I guess," Irene said, the coldness of the bottle now gone replaced by dampness, she put it back before her addled mind could think of smashing it to someone's head. She gave Joy a small smile, but the younger girl knew deep inside it was only a poor excuse to the pain dwelling within.

 

 

Irene placed the bottle back on the table, deciding that she should go to the toilet and let off some steam, her mind's brutal thinking reminding her of that Jekyll and Hyde movie she and Seungwan watched (but didn't finish, too busy with each other to even watch or listen to the movie).

 


She stood up so abruptly that Irene failed to assess her own state first before the action, feeling her own body betray her by staggering, losing its balance, falling back down, before losing consciousness, her last thoughts, familiar pools of brown that she longs to stare for hours on end (not wanting it to go away again).

 

 

 

"Wendy unnie, take care of Joohyun unnie, okay? Lemme know when you got home safe!" she heard the loud thud of the something closing, mind rattling a bit along with a painful throb to her head.

 

Irene felt a soft cushion behind her head and cold su

Please log in to read the full chapter