will i ever know how it feels to hold you close

will i ever know how it feels to hold you close
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 


I dare you to let me be your, your one and only
I promise I'm worthy, mm

 

 

A karaoke night.


Odd.

 

Irene wondered how she found herself in this predicament.

 

The agreement the night before was dinner and a long overdue catch-up, something Seulgi vaguely assured that will only take up about two to three hours of their time. She should've known it will take more than that.

 

She can't really say no when all four of them instantly agreed that it would be nicer ... and cozier to take catching-up to a karaoke room.

 

How to do that, she thought, when none of them bothered to bring up the last topic from dinner, already busying themselves with the items from the room. Two microphones which Seungwan and Seulgi unanimously took (along with an afro and clown wig, respectively), a tambourine and a showman's hat for Yeri, and an sparkly (annoying) bright sequined coat and maracas for Joy.

 

Irene reluctantly (cos she didn't expect they'd do this without prior plans!) took the pompoms, being the only person without  props in hand.

 

In the U-shaped couch, Seungwan sat next to her in the middle, with Seulgi on Seungwan's left and Yeri and then Joy on Irene's right. Why did Seungwan sat next to her, she thought, the latter smiled to her (which she returned, albeit stiffly) before belting out the high-note on Adele's song.

 


To hold in your arms
So come on and give me the chance
To prove I am the one who can walk that mile
Until the end starts

 


Irene didnt't even noticed her jaw came unhinged until she felt a hand clamped on it to close it, Yeri masking her giggles behind a tambourine. She would've thanked her if only the younger girl didnt't laugh at her so obnoxiously.

 

She saw her lean close to her, whispering, "I know you're sour that we didn't tell you ahead of time, but you left us with no choice, Unnie," Yeri said, pulling away with a smile that didn't reach her eyes.

 


Irene felt clam up with suppressed emotions, something she'd been ignoring until tonight. Yeri squeezed her arm in (what?) comfort (?), before beating the tambourine in her arms. She should've known this night won't go the way she wanted, she sighed, resigning her fate to whoever is out there, wishing, at least, that she'd be able to get out of this room with her sanity (and feelings) intact.

 

"Where'd you get this shirt?" Irene felt the hair in her neck stand, goosebumps running from that area where hot breath hit her skin down to her arms, the pompoms sat frozen in her lap. She turned her head to the person who asked. 

 

She's been doing well talking earlier without having to address her personally, just asking the right questions that everyone can answer. Generally being a good friend despite the history between them.

 

Irene stalled, thinking back on how she got the shirt, a university tee that didn't belong to her department, something she got as a present from one of her many suitors, "Uh," she pursed her lips, trying to instill some calm despite, the close proximity between their faces, fraying her nerves, "I got this from an acquiantance in the engineering department."

 

She can't tell how to describe the unreadable look in Seungwan's face, the latter nodding her head in understanding before turning back to the screen still playing the song she and Seulgi sang to. Irene ignored the incess

Please log in to read the full chapter