always

green is definitely not the warmest colour

Rosie!”

 

Chaeyoung thinks she can vaguely hear Jennie calling out to her in her dream. She was taking a quiet stroll stroll alone in a field of beautiful blooming sunflowers. Her dream-self stops and inhales the intoxicating scent of nature before she continues her journey, using Jennie’s voice as a guide.

 

Roseanne!”

 

Chaeyoung looks up at the sky in confusion. Jennie usually never calls her by her proper English name, instead preferring her cute nickname Rosie or her Korean name Chaeyoung. The sound of leaves rustling under her feet as she slowly explores the unfamiliar world comforts her in a way she doesn’t understand. The sun peeks out from behind the clouds and Chaeyoung lifts up her hand to shield her eyes from the bright rays. She was about to take another step forward when a loud booming voice violently rips through the sky and shakes everything in this seemingly perfect world.

 

Park Chaeyoung!

 

Chaeyoung sits up violently, nearly colliding heads with an angry-looking Jennie. “Huh?” She rubs the sleep out of her eyes and tries to focus on her girlfriend, an annoyed response ready at the tip of her tongue when she finally notices her girlfriend’s expression. A very beautiful and a very tiny Jennie Kim is also looking very angry right now and the witty retort dies in Chaeyoung’s throat.

 

Chaeyoung shoots her girlfriend an innocent look as she tries to wrack her brain and figure out why Jennie was so angry. Did she do or say something stupid in her sleep again?


Jennie rolls her eyes and shoves her phone in Chaeyoung’s face. Chaeyoung thinks Jennie’s actually lost it until her brain registers what was on the phone screen. Chaeyoung’s eyes widen dramatically as she reads the headline.

 

DISPATCH: BLACKPINK’S Jennie & Rosé reportedly dating? Insider at {REDACTED} reports seeing the pair acting more than friendly throughout last night’s award show. 

 

Oh. 

 

Chaeyoung sheepishly faces her (still angry) girlfriend.

 

Baby-“

 

Don’t baby me, Chaeyoung.” Jennie snaps. “Thanks to you and your sudden boldness last night, we are now-“ Jennie squints at her phone screen. “The number 1 trending topic in 23 different countries!

 

Chaeyoung winces at Jennie’s tone. Maybe all the PDA wasn’t the brightest idea Chaeyoung has ever had. 

 

“Okay maybe I did take it a little too far,” Chaeyoung guiltily admits. “But I didn’t hear you protesting!”

 

Jennie’s eyes slowly narrow into slits and if it weren’t for her bed hair, Chaeyoung would’ve been extremely terrified of her girlfriend right now. But instead, Chaeyoung tries to suppress a giggle because Jennie just looks like an adorable kitty cat. An angry but adorable kitty cat.

 

“You little- oof” Chaeyoung interrupts her girlfriend by pushing her lightly until Jennie falls unceremoniously onto the bed, her back landing with a soft thud. 

 

Chaeyoung crawls up her body and straddles Jennie, essentially pinning her down to the bed. Jennie’s hands automatically fly to grip Chaeyoung’s waist, her actions working on autopilot. She looks up at Chaeyoung and Jennie swears all the air leaves her lungs. 

 

It was still pretty early in the morning, but the sun was already out & shining bright. Orange rays peaking through the slightly drawn curtains cast a warm glow onto Chaeyoung’s perfectly sculpted face. The sight was mesmerising and Jennie thinks Chaeyoung looks like a Greek goddess. Soft, wavy blonde tresses frame Chaeyoung’s face and with the way the warm orange glow casts playful shadows onto her skin, Jennie is sure she’s never seen anything as beautiful. Her heart constricts almost painfully because of how much she loves Chaeyoung right now and Jennie knows even if she were to die in this second, she wouldn’t want to die any other way.

 

Chaeyoung looks at Jennie through half-lidded eyes, a mixture of unadulterated affection and lust swirling in those beautiful brown orbs. She slowly leans down and rests her forehead against Jennie’s. Their lips are so close and if Chaeyoung doesn’t kiss her right this second, Jennie swears-

 

Chaeyoung finally connects their lips with a soft, languid kiss and it was like the world around them disappears. Jennie’s eyes flutter shut and she loses herself in the kiss. The hands resting on Chaeyoung’s hips slowly slip under her shirt and warm fingers teasingly trace the skin just under her s. Chaeyoung moans into the kiss, her hands flying into Jennie’s hair, tangling her fingers into soft, brown locks. She needs Jennie to just touch her there, before she loses her ing mind. 

 

Jennie, please-“

 

A loud crash coming from somewhere outside their room shatters the atmosphere around the pair and they break the kiss in surprise. Chaeyoung nearly ing cries out of frustration.

 

JENNIE! CHAEYOUNG! WHAT THE !” Jisoo basically screams. “COME OUT HERE NOW!”

 

Chaeyoung huffs and crosses her arms across her chest, unhappy at the fact that Jisoo interrupted her morning with her girlfriend. Jennie lets out a soft giggle at Chaeyoung’s expression and nudges her annoyed girlfriend off of her. 

 

“You think she read the headlines?” Jennie asks, stretching her arms above her head as she slowly sits up on the bed.

 

“Oh, you bet she did.” 

 

Jennie hums in agreement. The two of them didn’t make any attempt to get up from the bed and Chaeyoung silently prays that Jisoo forgets about the whole ordeal. A few minutes pass and Chaeyoung almost snuggles back into bed when they hear Jisoo calling out for them again.

 

KIM JENNIE! PARK CHAEYOUNG! COME OUT HERE RIGHT NOW BEFORE I GO IN THERE AND DRAG YOU BOTH OUT BY THE HAIR!”

 

Jennie rolls her eyes at Jisoo’s dramatic words and slowly stands up, running her fingers through her hair in an attempt to make herself look presentable. She takes a deep breath once she was done and turns to face her girlfriend who was still sitting in the bed, looking absolutely displeased at the current situation. Jennie shakes her head and a small smile plays at her lips.

 

Jennie holds out a hand for Chaeyoung to take. “Together?”

 

Always.”