FIN

It's Not You, but it's worth 10,000 Won
Please log in to read the full chapter

Tick, tock, tick, tock

 

The clock struck another hour. 2 am. Another sleepless night—or day—who cares? And Irene let's out a groan.

 

They say that right-handed people were more to the abstract side of life, less on the numbers, less on the facts. More on what's there and more on what they believe.

 

And the majority of the world is 'righty' but here she is counting.

 

And Joohyun thinks, wonders, about a certain blonde—or now, a certain brunette—who by now would've come checking in on her, looking if she's awake after checking on the other three rooms before hers.

 

It should be creepy, but it isn't. Because it's Seungwan, and she's one who'll wake up in the middle of the night just to check if anyone needs a glass of warm milk or lullaby and—good God—she badly needs that.

 

Whatever that is

 

Whether it's milk or lullaby or—ing hell—she just needs Seungwan to accompany her for the night. Maybe she'll spend a few minutes at the counter drinking some glass of milk while Seungwan accompanies her—basically watch her—while she drinks, then maybe ask Seungwan for a lullaby and maybe yeah, she would pull Seungwan in and tuck them both to sleep.

 

Because either way Seungwan would only laugh, and let her be or maybe scoff a little before pulling her closer--because Seungwan knows she only needs cuddles.

 

 

But! Joohyun can only groan at this point. Because SBS, SM, and whoever writes the world's story because Seungwan doesn't deserve all this .

 

"I should be sleeping now…" she groaned, and then sighs again, and then rolls over. The light from her phone both daunting and tempting and she just wants to grab it.

 

And she shouldn't. Shouldn't have reach for that phone cause the next thing she knew she's already scrolling through her contacts and to that misspelled spelling of Seungwan.

 

And who in the hell could misspell something as basic as 'Seungwan' to 'S-OO-ngwan' when you've been living in Korea for so long?

 

Probably some drunkard, or Joohyun who's awkward with names and labels and even more so with Seungwan who calls her "Lovely Joohyunnie~" plus a heart next to it and Joohyun can only groan because—why haven't she thought of that?.

 

And after so many trials and errors—from 'Seungwannie~' 'Seungwan Baeby' 'Bae Wannie~' (cause she's delusional like that)—Joohyun called it a day with a groan and writing Seungwan's real name, writing it a typo, and saving it just like that cause she was just beyond frustrated.

 

And now that glaring 'Soongwan' remained a reminder of how Bae Joohyun truly is and a bitter laugh came after and she almost smashed that phone on her face.

 

Because why can't she just (wo)man up do what needs to be done? Why can't she just save her as "Seungwanie~" the first time she wrote it and just endure the teasing she would get for it or maybe, just.don't.care.at.all.

 

But why can't she?

 

And she looks over the picture of Seungwan on her phone and scoffs and says, "How can you make everything so easy?"

 

From being greasy, loving, a compliment machine, to being 'wenresa' and just plain out affectionate without being erted, scared?

 

And Joohyun groans because Seungwan's so much better but dear Seungwanie t

Please log in to read the full chapter