Chapter 1

Ex's and Oh's
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Ex's & Oh's

 

 

 

New day, new chapter.

 

Or at least, that was what Chaewon wanted to believe. She stirred on her bed while lightly clutching on her ears, trying to block her alarm’s loud beeping. Her short arms wildly flapped around as she wanted to turn it off but unfortunately, the clock fell down her nightstand instead, with the annoying beeping still continuing.

“ing great,” The bob-haired mumbled in her pillow before sitting up and grabbing the clock. She carefully placed it on her nightstand and leaned against her headboard. Things that happened the day before started to flood her mind.

Her boyfriend cheated on her with another girl, who apparently already has a girlfriend. Or...had. Things usually don't go this way but it did and it made her feel nauseous. She wondered if what happened was just a terrible nightmare but it wasn't. Now, she just had to go through it.

 

Hyunjin, Minjoo, Yujin.

 

Ahn Yujin.

 

She shook her head, weirded on how she suddenly thought about the random girl and tried to shake her thoughts off. Chaewon started to get herself ready for school. After a quick shower and putting on clothes, she grabbed her school bag and made her way down the stairs to the kitchen.

 

“Good morning, sweetie,” Her mom greeted her with a peck on her cheek as soon as she sat down on the kitchen counter. “I made some pancakes, would you want some?”

 

“Sure, mom. Can I have two?”

 

“Of course, sweetie.”

 

They both hummed in delight as they enjoyed their breakfast together. Usually, it would be the three of them, including Chaewon’s father but he has been very busy these days. Being one of the biggest directors in town definitely had its disadvantages and this was one of them.

 

“So. how are you feeling? I’ve heard about the whole Hyunjin thing-”

 

“Mom, I don’t mean to be rude but can we please not talk about it?” Chaewon stopped her before she could finish. Hyunjin used to come over a lot and her mom was quite fond of the boy. Or at least, she thought. Her mom was polite to everyone.

 

“Ok ok, it’s fine.” Her mom lifted a piece of pancake with her fork before continuing. “I just wanted to say that I wasn’t really keen on him,”

 

The other girl dropped her fork then stared at her.

 

“What? Moms know when someone doesn’t have good intentions with their daughter,” She shrugged and giggled along when she saw her daughter softly laughing. Her mother grabbed her plate after they finished eating and told Chaewon to finish her glass of milk. She sighed as she watched her daughter silently losing herself in her mind and went to rub her shoulder. "Honey, If you think you aren't ready to face him, you can stay home."

She shook her head and gave her mom a reasurring smile. "I can handle it, mom. I just hope that it won't be too bad." They both hugged and her mother gently pats her head from behind. The hug ended after a couple of seconds.

 

“Mom! I’m gonna get going now!” She pecked her mom’s cheek before grabbing her bag. 

 

“Ok, honey! Be careful!”

 

The bob-haired grabbed her car keys and made her way to their garage. It was full of cars, mostly vintage ones as collecting cars was her dad’s hobby. It made Chaewon confused because he barely uses them anyway and thought that it was a waste of money.

 

Oh well. Old people and their ways. She thought before getting on her 2019 pink Mini Cooper S that she got from her 16th birthday. It wasn’t too fancy nor shabby and it was one of her dream cars since she was in elementary. Chaewon remembered how her father secretly hid the keys in her cake which was almost eaten by her 7 year-old nephew. Thankfully, the kid managed to grab the keys before diving into the chocolate cake.

 

Before making her way to school, it was always one of her habits to pick a certain song. Songs by Taylor Swift, Selena Gomez or even sometimes Lorde was always her jam but she wasn’t feeling it for the day. So, she picked Sweater Weather by The Neighbourhood instead. 

She tapped her steering wheel as the drum beats started to rang in her ears. Her lips slowly mumbled out each lyric as her mind wondered off thinking if she could actually relate to them. But then she realized, she doesn't have anyone anymore. Cause it's too cold, for you here and now. So let me hold, both your hands in the hole of my sweater. She didn't have anyone to hold her hands. Loneliness starts to slowly surround her but she tried to shrug it off by quickly turning off her radio.

 

I don't need anything to remind me of it more.

 

After parking her car in the lot, Chaewon waited for a while instead of entering the school. How was she going to face everyone? It was extremely embarrassing how she got dumped in front of the whole school. Well, not exactly dumped because he was the one who cheated but people are going to start labeling her weird titles like, repulsive or the girl that can’t keep his man’s peepee in his pants. Which, obviously was none of her fault. He cheated so he's at fault. She knew that for a fact and just hoped that everyone else does too.

 

Taking a deep breath, she finally gets out of her Mini Cooper and was about to walk inside until a heavy weight crashes into her arms.

 

“Chaewon! I heard about what happened yesterday and I’m so sorry that I wasn’t there. My Chemistry teacher just had to keep us all in for longer for ’s sake. If I ever see that freaking pig anywhere, I’ll-” Chaewon stopped her best friend before Sakura could ramble any longer. Honestly, she wasn't sure that her best friend not being there was a good thing or not. Probably is because she was sure that the boy most definitely only would have about a 50% chance to make it out alive. 

 

“It’s fine, Kura. It already happened anyway. How about we go inside the school instead of talking about that pea-sized loser.”

 

They both chuckled before making their way inside the premises. As expected, other students were focused on her as soon as she pushed the door. There were looks of disgust or loath but she could feel that most were looks of pity, which to her is probably one of the worst things ever.

 

Can these people stop? I don’t need any pity anyway.


 

“Yo es! Quit looking at her, you ers. Respect her privacy!” Sakura yelled as she glared at every single person that took a glimpse at them. Chaewon was grateful to have a friend that literally gives zero s to anyone and she thought that she had to learn that too. “As much as I like yelling like this, we should move more quickly.”

 

The girls quickly made their way to their lockers and grabbed their books before Chaewon accidentally bumped into someone, causing her books to fall. She silently cursed before kneeling down to grab them but the person who bumped into her beat her to it.

 

Ahn Yujin- Her thoughts were stopped as the other girl just left after roughly handing her the books that fell. Chaewon just watched as she made her way down the hallway with her hands in her pocket.

 

“Sheesh, what an . She didn’t even say sorry.”

 

“Well, I’m not the only one that got cheated on in front of the whole school. Yujin practically destroyed that jerk’s face.”

 

“Wow, I would’ve paid to see that,” Sakura could just imagine the look on the boy's face after getting punched and chuckled to herself. "He'd probably look like a smashed potato."

"But to be honest, I would've never guessed that Minjoo would do something like that. Poor Yujin." Chaewon silently agreed as she watched the latter walk down the hallway, just like the day before.

 

Both girls headed to Physics as they both had the same class. Actually, most of their classes match except for Chemistry which was a bummer to both of them. Sakura was a social butterfly, she could literally be friends with anyone. And she’s also in the cheerleading squad with Chaewon. The other girl wasn’t as friendly as Sakura but she did have a couple of people that she thought were at least cool to hang out with. It wasn’t because she was cocky or anything but even her mom told her to only be friends with people that treat her well. But, she doesn’t hesitate to talk to anyone if she has to.

 

“I thought that Physics would be pretty good today but I totally forgot that that idiot is also in this class.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter