Chapter 2

A trip may be enough

"Thank you, I really didn't know what to do and I would've panicked without you".
Yongsun straightened her back while smiling at the middle-aged man who had just spoken "It was nothing serious don't worry, it's my job".
She was just about to go home when one of her collegues had stopped her and asked for help; of course she couldn't refuse and now it was pretty late.
"But I made you stay overtime, let me at least repay the favour" he looked at the watch on his wrist, "It's almost dinner time, maybe I can offer you something to eat?" he asked looking hopeful.
-Yeah... no - she thought cringing inside.
"I can't, I'm sorry, I already have a dinner scheduled for tonight, but thank you for the offer" she lied, bowing a little to be polite.
"Oh no don't worry I get it, a pretty girl like you must have a boyfriend who reclaims her" he said with a slightly pissed expression.
She didn't know exactly what his problem was, but she really didn't care either so she kept going with her lie.
"Yeah, and he's waiting for me so I'm going to go" she started going towards the exit, still smiling politely, "Bye, have a good night" she bowed one last time and she finally headed out of the company.
Once outside she let out a big sigh; that had been one of her hardest days at work so far, it had been so stressful that for a moment she considered going straight home. She checked the time and indeed, it was a bit late to go to the beach, but the weather was so good that she couldn't stay inside.
She reached her car and decided to head to the beach without going home first, even if that meant not having anything to eat and not being able to change into more comfortable clothes: she was wearing a beige suit with matching pants, underneath she had a black top and at her feet shoes with an average heel, but overall it wasn't too uncomfortable.
It took her about 30 minutes to arrive. She quickly parked the car nearby and before stepping in the sand she took off her shoes, holding them in her right hand.
The sand was warm and she let her feet sink deeper in it while staring at the see; she usually didn't do it, but since she didn't have anyhing else to do she reached the shore to touch the water.
As soon as she felt the water touch her skin she squeaked for how cold it was and jumped back, laughing without even noticing and jumping again but for a different reason upon hearing another laugh behind her.
She had been so concentrated on what she was doing that she had failed to notice the black haired girl of the past days standing a few feet away from her with a big grin on her face.
"God you scared me" Yongsun said putting a hand on her chest and then through her blond locks.
"Honestly I was already here but you just didn't see me so... not my fault" the other girl said laughing. Now that she could see her up close Yongsun noticed that she was really pretty, slightly taller than her and kinda thin but also muscular; she was wearing a long and baggy t-shirt under a black bomber jacket, confortable jeans as a bottom and black sneakers. Her hair was shorter, now it reached her shoulders and it didn't go past her shoulder-blades.
-This style really suits her - she thought to herself.
"You literally snuck up on me" she said looking directly in her eyes and crossing her arms with a playful frown.
"I was 'literally' in this exact spot" the black haired girl said pointing to the ground with an incredulous expression, "Check better next time will ya?" she added crossing her arms as well and looking away.
The blonde clicked her tongue; this girl was definetely younger than her, still she was speaking so informally.
"Hey, you shouldn't talk like this to who's older than you, you know?" when she spoke the other girl turned around with a confused expression and it was honestly really endearing: she looked like a confused hamster because her front teeth were kinda prominent and showing.
"You think you're older? There's no way, how old are you?" she really seemed dumbfunded and that caused her to smile a little, breaking her though act.
"How old do you think I am?"
The black-haired girl looked at her from head to toe before speaking again.
"Mh... 25?" she said raising her shoulders.
Yongsun scoffed and chuckled, "Aw that's sweet, and it also would be nice, but I'm actually 30. Thank you though" she finished, smiling brightly.
The other girl's eyes went wide "You're 30? But you have such a baby face", Yongsun felt the blood raising to her cheeks and she turned away, still listening, "I guess you really are my unnie then, but with just a one year , I'm 29 so we can skip formalities right?"
"You don't even know my name, you better use honorifics for now" Yongsun said and her cheeks puffed a little.
The black-haired girl rolled her eyes, always smiling "Well then, what's your name unnie? I'm Moon Byul-yi, but usually people call me Moonbyul, Byul, Moon or Moonstar, so you can call me whatever you want, nice to meet you" the girl said extending her hand.
The blonde was taken aback for a second but quickly shook her hand "I'm Kim Yongsun, nice to meet you too" she smiled warmly, "Also the same goes for you, people usually call me Solar, but just call me whatever you want to", she stopped for a bit, still shaking her hand while forrowing her brows, "Is it just me or is it a bit of a..."
"Coincidence?" Moonbyul finished her sentence with a similar expression "You mean our names right?"
"Yeah, it's pretty odd don't you think?"
"Definetely, but it's also kinda nice" she smiled, "You also seem like the bright type, I don't know you but I think your personality will match your name".
Yongsun raised her shoulders at that and looked towards the sea "Most of the times".
"Why not always?" she asked curiously getting closer and standing next to the blonde, who simply didn't reply. Instead she looked at Moonbyul and the girl stared back questioningly but getting the memo and not asking further.
Yongsun stretched her arms and took a deep breath, "I think I'm gonna go and walk a little, it was nice meeting you Moonbyul-ssi" she didn't want to bore the other girl or start to talk too much, even if the conversation with that girl was particularly natural.
-Why am I such a pisces - she scolded herself mentally.
The younger girl was surprised at the sudden greeting, feeling guilty for maybe getting ahead of herself and asking things she shouldn't have since they didn't know each other.
Moonbyul watched as the other girl turned her back, and even if she was scared of being annoying or weird she decided to stop her, jogging a little to reach her.
"Ya unnie!" she exclaimed, making Yongsun turn around, "Do you mind if I tag along? I've got nothing to do and weather is too nice" she asked with a huge smile on her face. The girl didn't want to impose herself, but she was extremely curious about the blonde; she had been seeing her the past few days, just looking in the distance and eating by herself, now she had the chance to talk to her and she didn't want to waste it.
The older girl smiled back, but inside she was panicking. It wasn't Moonbyul the reason of her nervousness, she was just really insecure, especially with strangers.
"Sure" she replied, starting to walk again but this time with the black-haired girl on her right side, where the delicate waves couldn't reach her.
"Where's your friend today? If I can ask of course, you can totally not answer" the blonde asked after about a minute of peaceful silence.
"Wheein? She wasn't in the mood and needed some time to herself, so I left our hotel to give her a little bit of space" Byul looked at her sneakers, hands in her pockets.
"Is everything ok?" the blonde noticed the change in her posture.
"Yeah it's nothing, everybody has these ups and downs once in a while but I just can't help but worry"
"It means that you're a good friend" the older woman smiled softly and Byul reciprocated,
"I try to be" she adfirmed.
There was again a comfortable silence while the two kept walking, the wind blowing gently from the sea and the sun leaving quietly behind the horizon.
"You mentioned a hotel, I suppose you don't live here?" Yongsun asked curious, looking at the other girl who was having problems at staring back at her due to the strong light of the sunset reflecting on the water.
She scrunched up her nose and raised a hand to block the sun "No I'm from Seoul, my friend and I came here to relax a bit"
"I'm from Seoul too!" the blonde said excitedly before seeing the other girl struggling, "Wait you're becoming blind, let's sit somewhere, here" she said taking Moonbyul's wrist and leading her to a spot on the sand to sit down.
The younger girl blushed but didn't say anything, letting her guide her and sitting next to her, picking up the conversation again.
"Where exactly in Seoul? Now it turns out we were neighbours all along" the black-haired girl continued nudging the other girl slightly.
"Now, after the coincidence of our names that would just be creepy", Yongsun laughed and Byul couldn't help but smile widely at the sound, "By the way I was born in Gangseo-gu, what about you?"
"Wah seriously? I was born there too! How is this possible?" the younger girl exclaimed, smirking a little.
"It can't be, really?" the older girl asked excitedly, looking at the other in a way that made her feel sorry for fooling with her.
Moonbyul's smirk was now visible and her nose muscles were showing, "No I was joking, sorry" she said chuckling after seeing Yongsun's eyes change "I was born in Bucheon though, we were still pretty close".
"So, what are we both doing in Busan?" Yongsun laughed.
"I told you already, now is your turn" the younger girl said raising her eyebrows in question.
The blonde hugged her legs that were now touching her chest, leaning her head on her knees "Work, I came here a year ago because I was transferred".
"What is your job?"
"I'm a computer engineer, I work for a medium size company 30 minutes from here. Usually I come here after going home first, but today I didn't have time as you can see" she said motioning to her outfit.
Moonbyul already had the image of the other girl in a suit engraved in her mind, so she didn't even have to look twice. She wondered what kind of good deeds the woman's collegues must've done in their previous lives to work alongside her everyday.
"Aren't you tired? You worked all day and you're still outside" she asked seriously.
The other sighed and her shoulders sunk "I am tired, today's been really hard, but I love coming to this place, it gives me a moment to think and to breathe properly. Sometimes it just gets too chaotic, too stressful, this place prevents me from getting lost" Yongsun said thoughtfully, staring at the sea in front of her.
The black-haired girl stared at her in silence before speaking again, "Unnie, do you like your job?"
The other was a little taken aback by the question, she didn't know why but it made her a bit uncomfortable, maybe because it was something she struggled with for a long time or perhaps because she herself didn't really know the answer.
"Mh... I don't dislike it, the environment is nice and I studied for it. I can't complain about the salary either, I'm satisfied" it was such a diplomatic answer, it didn't even sound convincing to her ears.
Moonbyul wanted to ask more but she restrained herself because she didn't want to step over the line and make her feel uneasy, so she simply nodded.
The brief silence that ensued after that exchange was suddenly interrupted by a soft growling noise and Yongsun hid her face laying her forehead on her knees, her cheeks red.
The younger girl laughed at the scene "Are you hungry unnie? Wanna go and grab something?" she asked, giggling again when she saw her eyes lit up at the suggestion, "I guess that's a yes" she smiled, getting up and helping the other girl, "I don't want to bother, but would you mind my company? I still haven't eaten too and I discovered a nice place yesterday that makes an incredible haemul jjim, would you like to come with me? It'll be worthy, promise" she said putting her right hand on her heart.  
Yongsun gave her a bright smile, "I mean, why not? You already convinced me at 'Wanna go and grab something', so let's go" she said patting her back to scroll the sand, "Is it far from here?"
"Not at all, five minutes walking normally"
"I'm starving, I will run if I have to" the blonde said making Moonbyul chuckle, "What, you don't believe me? Then let's see how fast you are" she smirked before sprinting towards the sidewalk, leaving Moonbyul perplexed and incredulous behind her.
"Unnie! You don't even know where the place is!" she shouted, hoping to be heard.
- Is this woman really 30? - she thought, starting to run as well to reach her, an happy smile on her face.

 

------------------------

 

Hi!

Hope you're feeling well and ready to stream Yongsun's OST and Uhm Junghwa's collab with Hwasa ahahah Can you believe that she will collab with her childhood role model, I'm so proud of her TT (Also worried 'cause she's working too much).

By the way I hope you liked the chapter ^^ 

Also there will be more Wheein in the next chapters and I can't wait to introduce Hyegi's character, even if it will take a few chapters still, bare with me TT.

- Red