She's not yours

We Never Were
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lisa’s Apartment

 

Frustrated she threw shirt after shirt out of the closet, all landing in various places on the floor between the closet and her bed. Nothing she grabbed seemed to be right. Did she want to wear something off the shoulder, a crop top, just a t-shirt styled in her fashion or did she maybe want to go for a casual dress?

 

She couldn’t decide and time was running out. Her arms rested on her hips as she looked at the mess she just created, a small pout on her face, her glasses starting to slide off her nose. 

 

She was so preoccupied that she didn’t hear the front door of her apartment open. Your quiet self entering without so much as a squeak from the door. It’s not like you were trying to intentionally enter like you were breaking in, it just so happened to be that way. Slipping out of your shoes to slide into the extra pair of slippers at the entryway, you walk past the empty living room, knowing that if she wasn’t there she must be in her room. 

 

Peering through the bedroom door that was half open, you see her, back turned to you. The grey sweatpants hanging on her hips with a white t-shirt tied at the back so that it hugged her waist making it look more like a crop top, her abs visible. Hair tied back in a messy bun. Just from the stance you could feel the frustration radiating off her, you’ve seen her like this many times before, so it was nothing new.

 

Years of knowing her have brought you to the point of anticipating her moods well enough to prepare accordingly. The sound of her voice echoing through the other end of the phone from her phone call to you earlier told you all you needed to know. 

 

So, before entering her building you stopped by the cafe down the street, picking up her favorite latte, the very one she got whenever she stressed out. She told you multiple times that something about the flavor and warmth of the drink helped relax her. You didn’t know whether you believed her or not. Truthfully, she only ever started drinking it after you messed up her original order one random day. But you never brought that up, fearing it would ruin the powers it granted her whenever the liquid ran down .

 

“Lis?” You called out, trying not to intentionally scare her but at the same time kinda wanting to scare her on purpose. She flinched, hard. Her hand covering her heart, and her foot getting tangled in the mess of clothes at her feet, sending her to the floor with a thud. A loud scream accompanying the fall. 

 

“Holy Y/N! You almost gave me a heart attack. I swear you need to start wearing a bell or something! Your so damn quiet.” Leaning against the door frame you grinned, letting out a little chuckle. “No way, I’m not one of your cats. You can’t just tie a bell on me. Plus, if you didn’t want me just showing up, you shouldn’t have given me a key!”

 

Slightly regretting calling you to come over she gave in and fell completely onto the pile of clothes, letting herself sink into the mess. A huge sigh coming from her. “So, what’s going on? You getting rid of clothes, is it laundry day, or are you just giving your cats a luxury new cat bed made of designer clothes?” Lifting her head with a confused look on her face, not getting your last remark until she follows your line of sight to see two of her cats nesting themselves between the piles of clothes on the floor.

 

“Hey, get off, get off.” She quickly shoos them off, smacking the articles of clothing, trying to rid them of the new layer of cat fur. “I’m…uh…trying to get ready for a date?” Nodding your head, you glance down at her then to the piles of clothes. “I see. Looks like you got a great method for sorting out the outfits. What’d you need me for?” She props herself up, leaning back on her arms, another pout forming on her lips, her doe eyes working their magic on you. “Help me!” Now the first few times she tried this on you, you immediately got hooked under the spell, but after so many years the effect has lost it’s power. You stood their not bending to her will, which only frustrated her more. “Pleeeasse!”

 

“That’s the magic word!” Finally leaving the door frame, you walked into the room, extending your hand to get her off the floor. “By the way this is for you!” Handing the drink to her as soon as she’s back on both her feet. Refusing to completely let go until she mutters the next set of words you were waiting for. Her eyes roll in the most dramatic way possible. “Thank you.” 

 

“This is gonna be a great night, I can tell. A please and thank you from Miss Manoban herself!” Taking a sip from the latte, carefully making sure not to burn her lip or tongue like she has so many times before, she shoves her elbow into your side. “Shut-up and pick some clothes out for me!”

 

“So demanding, geez!” Abiding by her orders you get on your knees and start diving into the piles of clothes sprawled across the floor. Lisa casually leaning against the wall as she watches you, taking small sips of the latte in her hand, already feeling more at ease. Whether it was really the magic of the stress relieving drink or from you being there. 

 

“Is the date with what’s his name?” A slight grimace on your face as you ask. Your body facing away from her, so she doesn’t notice. “No. That didn’t work out…” This time you roll your eyes. “Told you.” She drops her shoulders annoyed by how many times you’ve said those very words to her. “Well so what. This time it’s with someone I really like. I think it could work out.”

 

Also something you’ve heard her say multiple times before, only to have her crying in your arms weeks later when the idiot breaks her heart somehow. Pushing the thought away you continue to piece a few outfits together for her. “So, do I get to meet this one?”

 

“After hearing you bad mouth the last three people I went out with, I don’t think so.” Laying out the different outfits on her bed, she walks over, the ends of her lips starting to curl upward at your choices, you knew her so well and she trusted your judgement, because she knew you’d make sure she looked good. “Well, I wasn’t wrong about them was I? Clearly, I’m somewhat good at being a judge of character.” 

 

“Still doesn’t give you the right to rag on the people I date.” Setting her drink down she picks the first outfit up, holding the shirt up to herself. “So for that very reason I’m not going to tell you who I’m going out with nor will I show you a picture. So deal with it!” Her tongue sticking out at you.

 

Making yourself comfortable by sitting at the edge of the bed, you let out a small sigh. “I’m only trying to look out for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter