The Balloons' Representation

A Valentine's Day Special [one-shot collection]
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sang Nalin had a small crush on her sunbae, Bang Yongguk, when she had first transferred to the same high school that he attended in her first year of high school. He was the one that gave her a tour of the school because she had bumped into him on her first day there. Because of that the principal had made Yongguk give Nalin the tour of the school so that the principal himself didn’t have to do it. Nalin had apologized for having him to be the one to show her around instead, but he had laughed it off, dismissing the issue and happily showed her around the school’s ground. While doing so, Yongguk asked Nalin basic questions every now and then and she would answered them as best as she could without giving away too much information.

The next day, thinking that Yongguk was just friendly to her because of the principal, Nalin didn’t acknowledge him, but Yongguk did acknowledge her, and she found herself being introduced to more of her sunbae. From that day on, they had a sunbae and hoobae relationship, but became casual friends. During her stay at her new high school, Nalin started to have feelings for Yongguk. She knew that she shouldn’t have started liking him, but he had such a friendly nature about him, despite the way he look like a jjang, and she couldn’t help it since liking him just felt so easy and natural.

Before she could express her growing like for him, since she never found the right time to tell him, and whenever she did, she was always interrupted, Yongguk’s time for graduation had approach. Unfortunately, at around that same time, her family had to move once again and she had no choice, but to transfer schools once again. Nalin was unable to attend Yongguk's graduation as well as unable to say goodbye to him. Nalin was deeply regretful that she was unable to tell Yongguk that she liked him before leaving to another province. Yongguk never got to see Nalin again after that day, and he was unable to call her phone which happened to become out of service.

After four years has passed, Nalin returned back to the province where she had attended the same high school with Bang Yongguk. She was permanently there to stay and live because her parents had finally decided to settle themselves in one area after having to move from one place to another place over the years. Nalin wondered if Yongguk was still living there because she clearly hadn’t forgotten about him, but she assumed that he may have forgotten about her though.

While helping her little sister shop for new school supplies and clothing for school at the mall, Nalin had bumped into Yongguk. Both were clearly surprise to see one another after so long and Yongguk suggested that they should catch up whenever she was free, and the two exchanged phone numbers. Nalin had gotten a new phone with services after her father had disconnected their services after the move, but she lost all of her previous contacts and was unable to contact anyone that she had saved on there.

Nalin took up his offered to hang out after deciding what to do for three days, and the two quickly caught up spending the whole day together to see what had happened after she left. They spent every free moment they had to just hang out and spend their days like they did back in high school. Nalin laughed and told Yongguk that he was still the same like he was in high school, on one of their outings, while Yongguk told her the same thing. It was like they’ve never spent a day without the other there.

Nalin thought she had let her feelings of Yongguk fly away, but she realized that her feelings for him were still inside her heart, ready to stir to life again. She wondered if she would be able to tell him her feelings after all these years, but for now, she kept them still and enjoyed her time that she was spending with him. Like today, during one of their usual hang outs, which happened to be on Valentine’s Day, they were at the mall spending their time and day away on whatever interested them.

They checked out the music stores for the latest music, jamming out to all the love songs that were playing, until they got kicked out for singing too loudly. Next, they went clothes shopping and noticing that it was Valentine’s Day, they tried on all the couple outfits they could find and pair up

Please log in to read the full chapter