Handcrafted Card of Feelings

A Valentine's Day Special [one-shot collection]
Please log in to read the full chapter

Never in her life has Ryu Woorin put so much effort into making something for someone else. Then again, Jung Daehyun wasn’t just anyone else. He was one of the most popular guys on campus, who she just had to go and have a crush on, out of all the other guys that attended the same university. Daehyun was loved by many, especially the campus girls; practically all of the girls and even the female faculty couldn’t help, but be charmed by him. The only reason Woorin was charmed by him or was even paying any attention to him was because she had a few classes with him where during one of them, she had made eye contact with him and saw that he had very, nice, pretty eyes.

So when a guy has nice and pretty eyes, he has a very nice smile to match it, too. Woorin was a er for a guy, who had nice eyes, but she was more of a er for a guy, who had a nice smile, and Daehyun, which she clearly saw with her very own eyes on him, had both. Plus, he had a satoori accent that made him that much more charming, and so she just couldn’t pull herself away from not noticing his presence ever since that day, although she did suppress the urge to idolize him whenever he appeared along with many other things, too.

So, for Woorin to make herself stand out from the rest of the girls, without changing her appearance, her personality, and most of all, herself. Woorin didn't want to pretend to be someone who she wasn’t, so she handcrafted a large, heart-shaped card to write her confession in, decorate, and present it to Daehyun on Valentine’s Day. She knew that no one has ever done something like that for him, besides giving him the expecting chocolate and praises of loving him. Woorin knew that this would certainly be different from what he usually would receive. Everything was well crafted and well thought out with all of her intentions from the bottom of her heart and mind to honestly say and show how she felt about him. She even wrote it all down on a piece of paper to remind her.

Even if she got rejected, at least she knew that she tried and did it by her own feelings and effort, and not trying to be within the ‘in’ crowd and keeping up with appearances. Woorin had a life of her own, and right now, she could still live it out whether the Jung Daehyun would accept her feelings or not. That was part of life, and she wasn’t going to be a brat about it and whine about why he didn’t accept her. Then again, she wasn’t going to continue to like him if he did reject her, since she did have to move on to forget her feelings for Daehyun.

Once Woorin had finished decorating the card to her heart’s content during class, she was now able to give it to Daehyun at the end of class. She approached him after class and told him that she had something to give him and that she had something to tell him as well. She was about to bring out the card from her backpack, but Daehyun told her that he had to go somewhere right then and told Woorin his phone number before making his way out of class. Woorin didn’t even get the chance to tell him who she was, because she knew he wouldn’t

Please log in to read the full chapter