Chocolate Memory

A Valentine's Day Special [one-shot collection]
Please log in to read the full chapter

For as long as she could remember, Kang Minhye has always had a strong dislike for Kim Himchan. It was only because he was the best friend of her oppa, Chansik; the two would bully and play pranks on Minhye whenever they were together. She was always outnumbered and disliked it. Also, it was because she couldn’t forget the memory where Himchan insulted her about her cooking.

Although they were kids, his words still hurt. It was when they were six and sever years old, and they were playing house and she had made him chocolate. Of course the chocolate was made out of mud, because she wasn’t at the age to know how to actually do something like that, and he actually ate them, instead of pretending to eat them, and told her they tasted disgusting and dirty. Minhye cried and swear to hate Himchan forever, and then she shoved the rest of the mud chocolate in his face and ran away.

Although Himchan was made to apologize to Minhye that same day by his umma, she still didn’t forget it, and only accepted his apology because of her own umma telling her so. Minhye still swear to hate Himchan forever, her hate eventually started to turn the other way around and she began crushing on him instead of hating him as she grew older. She started to see Himchan in a new light, and she suppressed her growing crush for Himchan every time he was around, mentioned, or when her thoughts wandered off on their own. No longer able to suppress her feelings, she finally admitted to herself that she liked her oppa’s best friend, Kim Himchan, and whether he liked her back or not; she was going to let him know. She was no longer that little girl anymore.

Minhye decided to meet up with Himchan at the park’s playground, since it was halfway for the both of them, and he agreed to meet her there. Also, it was only because of the little kids who would be around. She felt that she would feel much safer knowing that she wouldn’t be as embarrassed with the young ones around to witness, and she could offer them her present, if Himchan didn’t want it, that is if he didn’t want it. While waiting for him, Minhye wander around

Please log in to read the full chapter