December 2015

The Agony of a Secret Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SJH POV

 

It's near midnight and getting cold. Specks of snow are relentlessly falling down the city. A fresh thin layer of it has already covered the dimly-lit streets. The Running Man members just had a team dinner after spending two whole days of recording. It's the night of December 8th and they recorded for a Christmas special episode. One by one, the members bid goodbye to each other and leaves the restaurant. Song Ji Hyo, who went to the bathroom first before leaving, was the last one out. She gathers her things and surveys the room.

 

Let's see, everyone's gone and seems like nothing's been left behind. I should get going too.

 

Even before she steps outside the building, she can already feel the bite of the cold night breeze. In preparation, she tugs her coat closer and hugs herself. As she steps out, thoughts of getting home and taking a long warm bath fills her mind.

 

But.. how will I get home?

 

She completely forgot that she had to ask a fellow member to take her home. Her manager left early due to a family emergency and she let him take her car with him. Now, everyone went home and she's left here, cold and alone.

 

Guess I'll just take a cab.

 

LKS POV

 

Being the maknae of the group, Lee Kwang Soo makes sure that he bids goodbye to every member and sees them leave first. He already did so to everyone but his noona.

 

Where could noona be? She hasn't left already, has she?

 

He decided to wait outside the restaurant for Ji Hyo. He remembers that Ji Hyo's manager left early so she must need someone to take her home. Kwang Soo begins to feel colder so he retreats closer to the wall and leans against it as he wait. Finally, Ji Hyo emerges from the restaurant, bundled up and hugging herself. He sees her walk to the sidewalk and stands there bracing the cold.

 

Noona must be really cold.

 

Kwang Soo instinctively moves closer to Ji Hyo, somehow wanting to provide her with warmth against the chilly night. He walks in a slow manner and clears his throat loudly so she knows of his presence. Yet Ji Hyo shows no indication that she noticed him. Amused, Kwang Soo stops at his tracks and regards Ji Hyo at a distance.

 

She's at it again. She's spacing out.

 

Kwang Soo feels a wave of affection for Ji Hyo and a small smile creeps onto his face. With a soft sigh, he walks again to his noona and calls her name.

 

SJH POV

 

"Ji Hyo Noona!"

 

Startled, Ji Hyo snaps back to the present. Her thoughts of a long, warm bath dissipating into thin air. She notices the figure of a tall man standing close beside her. She looks up to see Kwang Soo with a weird smile on his face.

 

Lee Kwang Soo. Running Man's maknae. The show's tall, lanky, giraffe - at least that's how he used to be. The man standing beside her now has grown up to be a tall, well-toned, giraffe. In a span of few years since he debuted, Kwang Soo has already won several awards and made a name for his self. Yet he remains the ever humble, loyal, and caring person she always knew him to be. Not really what you would see on screen, right? But work is work. Off screen, Kwang Soo is a friend you would want to have. Surprisingly, of all the members, Kwang Soo is the one Ji Hyo is most comfortable with. Maybe that's why they bicker and fight so much. Kwang Soo is just like his real brother.

 

Ji Hyo smiles. When did he grow up so much?

 

"What were you thinking, noona? You were so deep in your thoughts that you didn't hear me earlier." Kwang Soo asks.

 

Ahh, that explains the look on his face.

 

"Oh Kwang Sooyah, I didn't know you were still here. I was thinking of how I can go home." She replies.

 

"I waited for you. Come noona, I'll take you home." Kwang Soo says as he motions towards his car.

 

Ji Hyo hesitates. Kwang Soo's home is really far and it's getting late. Although taking him up on his offer is really tempting, she's more worried that he'll get sleepy while driving home.

 

"Really? Is it okay? It's late Kwang Soo and you have a long way home."

 

Kwang Soo nods. "Of course noona. Who else will take you home?"

 

"But.." Somehow, Ji Hyo can't think of a good reply. Defeated, she walks with Kwang Soo to his car.

 

When people make such great arguments, just how can you oppose?

 

LKS POV

 

Ji Hyo's apartment is a bit out of the way from his home but Kwang Soo didn't mind the extra drive. If he let his noona go home by herself, he'll just worry anyway. What with her tendency to fall asleep just anywhere.

 

It's better this way.

 

Kwang Soo steals a glance at his passenger who's been quiet for quite some time. He sees Ji Hyo peacefully sleeping in the passenger's seat. Again, a smile tugs on his lips.

 

See, my point exactly. Noona can really sleep well anywhere. She must be so tired.

 

He decides to drive slowly so his noona can get a good sleep. He glances at the time on the dashboard. It's already midnight. Going home will take a while but he's in no rush. All those years of acting, modelling, and doing variety shows made him get used to going home late at night. Besides, he doesn't have anything scheduled for tomorrow.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter