Epilogue

Wingman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Summary: Tiffany looked back to the time she was unconsciously falling to a girl she unexpectedly fell in love with. When Taeyeon ‘The Cocoon’ bloomed slowly into a ‘Butterfly’ that she adored.

 

A/N: This is a sequel that nobody ever requested. HAHAHA. :D

 

 

BEGIN.

 

 

~Cafe where it all began 

 

‘I chased a butterfly and got hit by a truck.’

 

Tiffany was looking at her previous ‘Wingman’ which is now her ‘Girlfriend’, Taeyeon for an hour. From the way Taeyeon’s eyes twinkled as she was watching a cooking channel with delight, Tiffany couldn’t help but adore Taeyeon’s soft features. Her innocent eyes, her cute little nose, her plump lips and cheeks like a chibi that she wants to pinch all the time. She’s grateful if there’s a heaven above for giving her this woman.

 

The caterpillar indeed really came out from its cocoon and became a butterfly. A beautiful one. It multiplied and made its way to her stomach and she could feel the tingling inside her every time she looked at Taeyeon, the most beautiful butterfly that caused her heart to be hit harder by a cupid’s arrow.

 

She finally had enough and pinched her girlfriend’s cheeks. Maybe to boast about the ring on her finger she bought at the dollar store for a cheap price.

 

“Owwww!” Taeyeon pouted as she complained and looked at Tiffany who was wearing mischievous looks.

 

“Suits you! Is food more important than me?” Tiffany asked coyly and Taeyeon innocently answered, “Yeah, I will die without food.”

 

The answer was rational but for Tiffany, it’s a wrong answer. She pinched Taeyeon’s ears this time.

 

“Ouch! Yah! Why are you so violent?” Taeyeon sighed and ran her hands to tend on her aching cheeks and ears.

 

“So, you mean, you won’t die if I leave you?” 

 

Taeyeon is dense. But when she saw the look on Tiffany’s face, she knew that the girl was looking for assurance. But Taeyeon is not the type to be sweet. She couldn’t express her feelings well so she just answered truthfully.

 

“If you leave me, I will live,” Tiffany looked sad when she heard Taeyeon’s answer but her eyes immediately looked back on her girlfriend when she heard the next words.

 

“...But I wouldn’t be as happy as I am right now.”

 

Tiffany felt a lot at once.

 

Blessed, for having this girl in her life.

Loved, because Taeyeon looks at her like she’s the world.

Happy, because the way Taeyeon smiled at her, she knows it’s for keeps.

 

“I can’t fully explain what I feel for you, but I’m glad you made me realize that among the people I have fallen in love from the past, you’re the one I want to spend the rest of my life with.” Tiffany sincerely confessed as she stood up to give the girl a hug or maybe a kiss…

 

How unfortunate that the waiter that passed her by bumped into her and tripped her over causing her to be in kneeling position in front of her girlfriend. 

 

She was about to throw a fight with the waiter who just ignored her as nothing happened.

 

“What the fuc-”

 

But dumb Taeyeon caught her off guard.

 

“Are you proposing to me?”

 

Tiffany’s eyes widened in surprise.

 

“What?!”

 

“It’s a YES!” Taeyeon hugged her and gave her a smooch.

 

‘What the ?’

 

She said those things out of impulse and mixed emotions. But Taeyeon was so happy. She looks as if she would be disappointed if she said ‘No.’

 

“Uh… You see I was just saying...A-Aren’t we too y-young…” But Taeyeon was looking everywhere at the table, lifting each plate and glassware to find something.

 

“What are you looking for?” Tiffany asked curiously.

 

Taeyeon grinned, “Where is it?” she asked.

 

“Where’s what?” Tiffany asked cluelessly.

 

“Where did you hide the ring?” Taeyeon asked excitedly.

 

‘Holy .’

 

Tiffany was unable to move. One, because of shock. Two, because of nervousness. Three, what the just happened? She’s not ready for marriage yet but she doesn’t want to disappoint Taeyeon at the same time.

 

‘Crap, I don’t want to get married yet! I don’t even have a ring!’ Tiffany grimaced but she heard claps around the cafe.

 

“Oh, look! She’s proposing!” An old lady told her husband and the girl who was watching whistled.

 

“Look! She got more balls than you to propose!” the stranger girl told her boyfriend and her boyfriend scratched the back of his head.

 

Taeyeon looked at Tiffany with lots of expectation and the people at the cafe started to bring out their cellphones to take a video of the accidental proposal.

 

“So...Where’s the ring?” Taeyeon asked and Tiffany felt like dying on the spot.

 

‘Ring...Where would I get that...oh,’ she felt a ring on her own finger.

 

The ring that she got from the dollar store. 

 

The cheapest and the fake.

 

She discreetly took out the ring on her own finger out of pressure and showed it to her girlfriend.

 

“T-Tada!” Tiffany sounded like an old man with a hoarse throat because of the impromptu proposal. She showed the ring to Taeyeon.

 

“Ask me again.” Taeyeon jumped happily like a child that gets free candies and clapped her hands out of joy.

 

“H-Huh?”

 

“Just ask your girl again!” The crowd chatted and coaxed.

 

Tiffany cleared but her voice still cracked like she’s hitting puberty again, “M-Marry me?”

 

Taeyeon pulled her up to stand and jumped on her to hug her tightly. Her arms encircled around Tiffany’s neck and both her legs wrapped into her girlfriend’s waist like a baby or more so, like a butterfly who flew over an innocent flower. She nodded multiple times before she screamed.

 

“YES!”

 

‘Oof, she’s heavy…’

 

“You heard that losers! She’s my wife!” Taeyeon boasted and Tiffany laughed anxiously.

 

“Ha.Ha.Ha.Ha.Ha.”

 

“Congratulations!”

 

‘I’m ed.’

 

***

 

Tiffany was at her work, with lots of coffee on her table and with her eyebags on. She hasn't been able to sleep well ever since the proposal. Not to mention, Taeyeon already told what happened with Mrs Kim. And the next thing, Mrs Kim told Mr and Mrs Hwang about the proposal. Their parents are already arranging their wedding with the wedding planner. Her friends and co-workers, on the other hand, watched the proposal on the viral post on Facebook.

 

Everybody thinks they’re getting married.

 

Especially her girlfriend.

 

She felt anxious, unprepared and restless. It’s not like she doesn’t want to marry Taeyeon someday but now is just so sudden.

 

“I should buy her a better ring.” Tiffany frowned when she thought about that ring from the dollar store. Her train of thoughts was cut when a hand touched her shoulder.

 

“Hey, little wifey. You look dead.”

 

It was her office mate slash best friend, Sooyoung.

 

“Help me.” Tiffany dropped her head helplessly on the table.

 

“What happened to you?”

 

“I ed up…”

 

She told her accidental impromptu proposal with Sooyoung and her office mate was quiet until she laughed out loud.

 

“So, you mean… You weren’t even planning to propose but the waiter tripped you down and Taeyeon thought you were proposing? That’s insane!” Sooyoung was having the time of her life while Tiffany wanted to die in shame.

 

“I should’ve given her a better ring, not the ring from the dollar store! I was really unprepared and this marriage thing is so sudden. What should I do, Soo?” she asked and Sooyoung tapped her back as a signal of support.

 

“Why don’t you tell her the truth?”

 

‘But the truth might hurt Taeyeon.’

 

Oh, she’s in a great dilemma!

 

***

 

Starting the day of the proposal, Taeyeon has been clingy. She would always cuddle with her girlfriend and not that Tiffany minded it, in fact, she likes it a lot. But her heart feels heavy all because of the accidental proposal.

 

Tiffany had a sleepover at her apartment. She was about to go to work but Taeyeon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter