Hey, There

My Favorite Authornim
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Night at Chaeyoung’s Apartment

Chaeyoung smelled the popcorn as soon as she stepped out of the elevator. Hyeri must be close to starting the movie, Chaeyoung thought as she rushed down the hall, not wanting to be late.

“Hi Hyeri! I’m home.” Chaeyoung came through the door and gently tossed her keys into the small bamboo basket on the counter.

Hyeri glanced over at the couch and saw her friend stretched out there, flipping through a magazine. “Did you steal that?”

“Steal what?”

“The magazine.”

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes. “I know our bookstore is not doing well enough, but I believe we can survive this.” She paused while grabbing a pillow, “and I suggest you to welcome me home nicely next time.”

“Thank you for covering my night shift.” Hyeri laughed heartedly. “Speaking of which, why are you home already? Was your date with the new supplier turning into an epic fail?”

Chaeyoung had very high standards when it came to a partner. To Chaeyoung, chemistry with someone was everything, and if she didn’t feel it immediately, she wasn’t going to wait around for it to blossom. Someone must have a perfect picture just exactly fit in her fantasies. They had to be good-looking, tall figure, smell good, kind-hearted, sweet, and rich.

Maybe she watched too many dramas.

Or, reading fanfictions.

Chaeyoung joined Hyeri on the couch, grabbing a mouthful of popcorns. “I refused his dinner offer.”

“Heh??” Hyeri jumped on her seat. “So that’s why he rearranged it to a late evening? To ask you out for dinner?”

“I’m starting to think that maybe my attractiveness is the solid reason why The Vault can live longer than we’ve expected.” Chaeyoung laughed, and later earning a hard pillow smack on the side of her head from Hyeri.

“Why did you reject him?”

“His armpits were sweating so much. He has no equal in my beauty.”

Hyeri burst into laughter. “Is he rich?”

“How much you can earn as a book supplier?” Chaeyoung replied sarcastically.

“Is he tall?”

“I’m slightly taller than him.”

Hyeri nodded. “So, you failed another blind date, again. What will your Mom say about this?”

Mrs. Park had a big concern about the future of her only child. She wanted Chaeyoung to marry with someone who’s capable to take care of her daughter. Most of all, she wanted Chaeyoung to be settled in the future when it came to finances. She’d been monitoring The Vault’s progress and the result so far had not satisfied her enough. Marrying someone wealthy had always been one of the final conditions she proposed to Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung whined, “A y, gorgeous, mentally stable, and gainfully employed with an amazing personality, is it really too much to ask?”

Hyeri fixed her blanket as she leaned down her head on Chaeyoung’s shoulder. “Stop reading fictions, Chaeyoungie. Nobody is perfect.”

“Ah!! You remind me something more important than my life,” Chaeyoung stood abruptly, losing balance of Hyeri’s head. “She must’ve posted a new update.”

Reaching her phone, Chaeyoung typed out her password and launched the browser app only in three seconds. Her thumb was scrolling down the screen anxiously, and ended up with a huge disappointment when she found no notification updates.

“What’s got you so upset?” Hyeri asked.

“She must be kidding me..” Chaeyoung pressed the reload icon for one last time. Still none.

Hyeri stared at her friend. “She?”

“The author..” Leaning against the wall, Chaeyoung rubbed the palm of her hand over her forehead. “She’s driving me crazy.”

Hyeri nodded in agreement at Chaeyoung’s last sentence, markedly on the ‘crazy’ word.

“It’s been 49 chapters, and the finest thing she can do to me is post the final chapter tonight!! How am I supposed to go sleep peacefully without a chapter of hers as my bedtime stories??” Chaeyoung sobbed hysterically. Hyeri sighed to herself at Chaeyoung’s theatrical behaviors.

“I’ll make you a warm tea.. Go change into your pizza pajamas already.”

Chaeyoung glared. “Yah Lee Hyeri, it’s ice cream cone, not pizza. You better tell apart the triangle shapes on my pajamas or I won’t do your night shifts, ever.”

“But still, who the hell in this world is actually wearing a silly pattern pajama in her adulthood?”

“Me.”

Hyeri gave a concerned look in her face. “You’re not getting any younger.”

“I know.”

“And this is exactly why your Mom is worrying you so much..”

 

The same night at Manoban’s Bar & Grill

Lisa walked into the place she considered her second home and was greeted by a cheering voice. “Baby Lili!”

“Shut up,” Lisa said to her older sibling.

“Acting poor tonight?” Nayeon asked, giggling. “I have a fresh plate of fish and chips for you. Thanks to the customer who canceled his order.”

Lisa shook her head. “I ate my dinner already.”

“Aunt Irene called me this afternoon. So do you really need the job?” Nayeon slid a foaming glass across the bar.

“I need money to buy new glasses,” Lisa sighed, “and Aunt Irene’s book, and new pants, and many else.”

“Eh, what happened?” Nayeon (finally) noticed the missing squares.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter